Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Weird likes  (Read 2112 times)

Flying Fortress

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Weird likes
« on: October 25, 2012, 02:01:50 pm »

I was skimming through my useless dwarves trying to find a suitable person for the barony when I saw this weird 'like.' 
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Well....since he likes starving men I definitely won't make him a baron, the guy with the love of battle axes and the color bronze just won that title lol.  IMO, the funniest thing about this is that he is named after my dad (I always name the starting 7 after people I know so I can keep track of them.)
Having never seen a like this weird before I wanted to put it up and see what other weird interests your dwarves have.
Has entire family killed and all friends butchered and raped.
---
It's cool, he saw an awesome sock AND a waterfall, so it's all good now.
it's ‼Super Happy Tantrum Time‼

zubb2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Weird likes
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2012, 02:06:20 pm »

I read one guy had a dorf that liked "chains and traction benches".

The dwarfet was also the baron of his fort.

Quick break a mandate!! ;D

EDIT: I dont usualy keep track of the dwarfs, they are more like my employees at an office.

Like "Get back to work steve that mountaines not gonna move itself"
"My names Ted sir, and Im a farmer"
"This talk never happend tom"
« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 02:09:42 pm by zubb2 »
(Anyone else have any stories that can compare to a man being beaten to death with his own trousers by a giant gopher?)
(when goblins showed up, I mumbled "Smithers! Release the hounds!" and had the lever pulled.)

Don Blake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2012, 02:26:37 pm »

Tentacle demons for their naughty intentions, I believe.

zubb2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2012, 02:33:32 pm »

The Japs are in you fort?

Keep them for the giant robots.
(Anyone else have any stories that can compare to a man being beaten to death with his own trousers by a giant gopher?)
(when goblins showed up, I mumbled "Smithers! Release the hounds!" and had the lever pulled.)

Flying Fortress

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2012, 02:49:00 pm »

So dwarves aren't just little drunk psychopaths, they're little drunk psychopaths with dirty minds without any help from us  :o 
Makes me wonder just how much Toady left to random, and how much was put in just for trolling us lol.  Getting a peak into the preferences of goblins would probably be even more weird, considering the odd names they give everything already.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 02:57:01 pm by Flying Fortress »
---

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2012, 02:55:39 pm »

Thier likes are similar to dwarves, humans, etc. Played as them once.

Drazinononda

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm really too normal to play this game so much.`
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2012, 05:21:37 pm »

I've had two forts in a row where peasants who liked coffins mooded to make bone coffins. I think that's probably the weirdest like I've had yet, or at least have noticed.
Children you rescue shouldn't behave like rabid beasts.  I guess your regular companions shouldn't act like rabid beasts either.
I think that's a little more impossible than I'm likely to have time for.

SharkForce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2012, 11:46:40 pm »

I've had two forts in a row where peasants who liked coffins mooded to make bone coffins. I think that's probably the weirdest like I've had yet, or at least have noticed.

was it a macabre mood? 'cause that would be remarkably efficient of them.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2012, 12:32:11 am »

was it a macabre mood? 'cause that would be remarkably efficient of them.
Better yet, fell mood. Killing them to make coffins for the others.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

saltmummy626

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Lich of Gulgatha
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2012, 12:33:08 am »

tentacle demons definitely. I remember, he was a mason and kept making engravings and statues of himself "embracing" them. how much has that got to suck? you live in this fort, an its covered in images like that? then you meet the dwarf depicted one day while your eating your plump helmet seed roasts?
All is silence. The road is straight, without turning, in darkness. Now let there be an end to all things.

DG

• Bay Watcher
  • Pull the Lever
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2012, 09:07:36 am »

tentacle demons definitely. I remember, he was a mason and kept making engravings and statues of himself "embracing" them. how much has that got to suck? you live in this fort, an its covered in images like that? then you meet the dwarf depicted one day while your eating your plump helmet seed roasts?

EpsilonSigma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2012, 10:47:27 am »

I had a mayor who was completely obsessed with bins. In fact he had 8 of my haulers executed because I forgot to turn on "culling on mandates" in the trade menu.
I could go through every engraving in my fortress and find a lot of entertaining things, but that'd take several hours.

Flying Fortress

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2012, 04:28:04 pm »

I had a mayor who was completely obsessed with bins. In fact he had 8 of my haulers executed because I forgot to turn on "culling on mandates" in the trade menu.
I could go through every engraving in my fortress and find a lot of entertaining things, but that'd take several hours.

I hate when nobility has weird likes, large gems are especially annoying, but bins are probably the worst because they're too easy to forgot about when trading.  My last baron really loved slabs, he ordered them non-stop.  The mason was probably getting a little worried after the 100th or so slab lol.  My current metal smith has made a few statues of another dwarf, surrounded by brown recluse spiders, completely terrified.  That is more of an understandable dislike though, who would like deadly spiders?   :P
The one thing I never understood though was why dwarves make statues/engravings of things they hate.  I've had legendary engravers cover the walls in images of rats, a mason make nothing but statues of fire snakes, and metal workers create statue after statue of spiders.  All of these dwarves hated the thing that they created, yet they surrounded themselves with it.  ???
---

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2012, 05:41:37 pm »

An obsession with thier fear. Or potentially, mocking another dwarf out of a grudge or good fun. ANd I like brown recluse spiders thank you very much. Good cheap silk.