Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 699 700 [701] 702 703 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 556770 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 6: Enjoying the Gub Life?
« Reply #10500 on: April 04, 2015, 04:14:21 am »

"Well, I'd give you the axe, but I'd rather not give my only weapon to a stranger offering a strange and magical artifact, eh?"

Search pockets for personal objects.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10501 on: April 04, 2015, 04:16:12 am »

"Well, I'd give you the axe, but I'd rather not give my only weapon to a stranger offering a strange and magical artifact, eh?"

Search pockets for personal objects.

The dress you've got doesn't seem to have any pockets. Damn.

"But the Mantra can be a weapon! It can be anything, you see!"

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10502 on: April 04, 2015, 04:34:51 am »

"Well, I assume you can have my dress..."
Take off my dress at a small distance behind a bush, then give it to the woman.
"I'm Kevin, by the way. What's your name?"

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10503 on: April 04, 2015, 05:45:10 am »

"Well, I assume you can have my dress..."
Take off my dress at a small distance behind a bush, then give it to the woman.
"I'm Kevin, by the way. What's your name?"

Since the dress was wet from your crossing of the river, and making you feel cold and miserable as it is, you suppose it's no big loss. You take it off at a private spot and hand it over to the woman, who grabs it greedily and starts to examine it carefully.

"My name? It's... Patty."

She pauses a moment, and smiles a little.

"Feels strange to say it! Hah! Well! Will that be all? I warn you, the potency of the Mantra depends on the number of items given - give the axe as well, and you may double it!"

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10504 on: April 04, 2015, 06:29:47 am »

"Hmm. Well, alright then."
Give the axe.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10505 on: April 08, 2015, 01:15:43 am »

"Of course I am who I was, and I am who I am. Wait. What do you mean?"
Enquire after why she is distressed.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10506 on: April 09, 2015, 11:23:10 am »

In an endless alleyway...

Morton and Mark snap into action, grabbing at Wilma and trying their best to prevent her consumption by this malevolent wall thing. They pull, Mark huffs, Morton puffs (mostly for solidarity's sake), and they start to make a little progress, the arm of the mage inching out of the wall quite slowly.

However, upon reaching a certain point, the arm refuses to budge any further. Wilma, quite optimistic at first, makes a very nervous sounding "uh", and the other two pause for a moment to assess their progress. Wilma's partially out of the wall, and doesn't appear to be getting pulled in any further, but still stuck inside up to her bicep.

"This... feels very uncomfortable," she says. "I can't feel my fingers anymore. Or my hand."

Outside the ruins of Eckledun...

Sigmund, forgetting for a moment that his anti-magic pebble is anti-magic, and also that he doesn't know where it is, tries to move it further into town nevertheless, just sort of blindly poking with his sphere.

[Sigmund's magic roll: 3]

He manages to unsettle a wall a little, though not particularly so. He supposes the pebble's not in the vicinity of it, which is probably a little bit of progress made on solving his problem.

Slightly above most of Eckledun...

Scott gives up immediately on extracting anything at all useful from this fellow.

"I hope you enjoy Shashlik, my friend. Pray we do not meet again," he says, flicking his immense flatness at the twitching body.

[Firestarting roll: 4]

The mage catches on fire, intensifying the hiss coming out of him. His arms start to flail wildly, and his head bends at angles most unnatural. Mildly entertained by the spirited reaction, Scott moves on, looking for something more to his liking, such as his nicest old friend. Descending a little lower, he starts to scan the streets once more. Doesn't look like Morton's anywhere to be seen, however, though there's a weird pink swimming pool that catches Scott's visual centers. Floating ever lower, he takes in its shape - rectangular, about the shape of a courtyard, with wooden-looking lily pads floating on its homogenously pink surface. They look kind of like sunken tables. Maybe they're alive. Or used to be alive, not that Scott'd be able to tell. They'd know where Morton is for sure if they were.

On a road to somewhere, one would hope...

Kevin, enticed by promises of power, surrenders the axe as well, leaving himself naked and weaponless in the damn woods, which doesn't exactly seem like a safe proposition. Patty seems incredibly satisfied, however, wrapping the scroll and the axe in the dress, and holding it in both of her arms promisingly. The impromptu satchel starts to glow as her eyes run over it, her face the very picture of intensity.

"This will work perfectly..." she says, her voice trailing off. Sucking air as her strength momentarily leaves her, she falls on her knees, plopping down on the soft, muddy road. The glow intensifies over the next few seconds, the dress glowing very brightly and giving off a little bit of white smoke. Patty opens her mouth and inhales, and an ecstatic thrill fills her. Her mouth opens, and a single, perfect, musical sound issues forth, the dress and the axe bursting into a blinding flame, burning up in a few seconds, leaving no ash whatsoever. The scroll they were wrapped with, however, remains. Patty hobbles to her feet and pushes it into Kevin's hands, and he nearly drops it due to its incredible temperature, though that subsides momentarily.

"The Mantra is yours now! Read it," she says, and Kevin sneaks a peek at the contents of the thing, which now look quite understandable, if still somehow completely undefined. "Chant its words and focus your desires, and everything can potentially be yours!"

In the home of Karina...

Darren does not fully understand the question. Must be one of those paranoid trick questions.

"Of course I am who I was, and I am who I am. Wait. What do you mean?"

Karina tilts her head and leans forward, looking distressed.

"I... you seem different, I don't know! And I... I'm not sure. I feel strange. I..."

Karina goes quiet, and Darren becomes aware of a certain line on her forehead, noteworthy because it appears to be vertical rather than horizontal. Was that there a moment ago?

"It... feels so odd."

Karine pokes at the line, and her ectoplasmic flesh stirs a little in the area. The crease looks wider the next moment, longer, then it starts to protrude, forming an odd ridge as her fingers run over it and her eyes widen in shock. Darren is transfixed as he stares at the formation of undoubtedly something, and is only snapped out of it when the ridge runs down Karina's entire face, and chooses that exact moment to bulge outward with a sickening crack, eliciting a pained shriek from the woman that cuts off as her jaw, and the rest of her face as well, starts to peel aside, the edges rolling up as they retreat to reveal a chittering blackness beneath. What looks like a malformed ant skips over the edge every now and then, dropping off Karina's body and floating off into the distance, almost but not entirely indistinguishable from a mote of dust.

Karina, it should be noted, still seems quite conscious - her hands frantically try to close up her opening face. Darren gets the feeling that she'd be making quite a lot of noise right now if she could - the opening now seems to be going down to her throat, and it almost looks as though the woman is entirely hollow inside - if the ant-filled cavity goes down, and Darren suspects it might, he couldn't rightly say he knows how much further.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10507 on: April 09, 2015, 01:02:24 pm »

((Did amazing power and fortune just come walking down the road from nowhere))
"Well, alright..."
Kevin hesitated. What did he really want? He'd just been milling about, following orders... Well, the portal body was nice. But this was new. Start with the basics.
Chant the words... Think about some decent, pocketed clothing?

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10508 on: April 09, 2015, 02:39:40 pm »

Scott will try to converse with the tables.
This is an obvious magical catastrophe and inanimate objects may have been given sentience.

Scott will flatly describe the party members he was with previously and ask for directions if any positive reply is forthcoming. Negative replies will be answered with flaming death, since this is a magical catastrophe and inanimate objects may have been cursed with foul sentience.
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10509 on: April 09, 2015, 09:43:50 pm »

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)

In Harlan's House of Hilarity and Harlotry...

Timothy, after righting himself to make the room and the lady less crooked, continues to speak with the woman. He still has exactly zero clue what she's saying, but it's not like that's stopped him from charming conversation before. She probably can understand what he's saying even less!

[Timothy's charisma roll: 3]

Although there is something to be said about a conversation consisting entirely of flirtatious non-sequiturs, Timothy's fairly sure he can't characterize such a conversation as 'moving along', exactly, given how he still doesn't know who this woman is or even what language she actually speaks.
Timothy, after an uncomfortably long pause, comes to the sudden realization that he needs to up his game.
In times like these, he supposes, it's generally the best course of action to stick to the classics.

Say, in my most suave voice: "What's a nice ghoul like you doin' in a place like dis?"
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10510 on: April 09, 2015, 11:18:53 pm »

"Ah! Err... That's also quite different."
Seal the fair lady shut with telekinesis!

"Oh yes, that's certainly different."
run run run run run
Maybe you can use telekinesis to seal the hole?

May someone please post a link to Kingspawn?
((That's a solid idea.))
« Last Edit: April 12, 2015, 10:16:30 pm by Spinal_Taper »

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10511 on: April 10, 2015, 02:38:12 pm »

"Oh yes, that's certainly different."
run run run run run
Maybe you can use telekinesis to seal the hole?

May someone please post a link to Kingspawn?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10512 on: April 10, 2015, 10:18:37 pm »

Go insane.Search around for anything that may be helpful
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10513 on: April 11, 2015, 11:16:26 am »

Time for metaphysical research on the pink:

Metaphysically find an isolated pink-affeted thing, or just one near the edge of the pink madness, then try to prevent further unraveling of its knots. Observe results.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #10514 on: April 12, 2015, 02:41:24 pm »

Morton hmms in thought as he inspected the area around the mage's arm that was still stuck in the wall. He gave another tug, still trying to pull it free.

"I don't believe that is a good sign, good mage Wilma. Perhaps its stuck? I think I know what might help, one second..." With that, the desk dug in his drawers and pulled out the tea he had saved for the ghosts on his team. The tea apostle really wanted to save it for them but... Tea can help out here, can it not? He shall be forgiven for its use to help another, surely.

Morton used some of the tea he had stored away for the ghosts to try and lubricate the arm free. Failing that, he'll simply give whatever was left in the flask to Wilma to try and calm her down.
Pages: 1 ... 699 700 [701] 702 703 ... 719