Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 603 604 [605] 606 607 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 557461 times)

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 6: Enjoying the Gub Life?
« Reply #9060 on: February 27, 2014, 03:00:04 am »

Scott will surrender to the fates and close his eyes, spin and float in the direction he ends up facing.
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #9061 on: February 27, 2014, 08:57:43 am »

The desk looks around for anyone on deck, trying not to think about the walruses and strange thing by the ship. The tea apostle did inch his way closer to the door that lead down below the ship however, in case something bad were to happy. Normally Morton wouldn't be so negative, but considering what happened to him just shy a few minutes ago, the butler feels he should be concerned. While he's at it, he does the listening chant combined with an extreme focus on hearing, combining what he learned from Captain and Evelyn.

Stand by door leading into ship, commence listening chant and focus on listening, as Captain told him how!

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #9062 on: February 27, 2014, 12:31:13 pm »

((I sort of hoped that it would've failed, because if it had I would've tried to take over. But hey, I'm still Kevin and not some sort of amalmagation!))
~What did you DO?~

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9063 on: February 27, 2014, 01:06:23 pm »

((I sort of hoped that it would've failed, because if it had I would've tried to take over. But hey, I'm still Kevin and not some sort of amalmagation!))
~What did you DO?~

~Why, merged our souls for a little bit. I had tried it on other people before, but I never suspected it'd feel like this. There's this... newness, you know? Can't you feel it?~

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9064 on: February 27, 2014, 01:13:55 pm »

~Yeah, I can feel it. It felt as if it was going to be longer than a little bit, though...~

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9065 on: February 27, 2014, 01:17:27 pm »

~Yeah, I can feel it. It felt as if it was going to be longer than a little bit, though...~

~Yeah, turns out it's a little harder to separate two souls when you're one of them. Seems pretty obvious in retrospect.~

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9066 on: February 27, 2014, 01:39:21 pm »

~Guess it'd be fairly pointless to tell you any jokes now, eh?~

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9067 on: February 27, 2014, 01:41:18 pm »

~Guess it'd be fairly pointless to tell you any jokes now, eh?~

~You're not very good at them, after all.~

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9068 on: February 27, 2014, 01:45:46 pm »

~Eh, don't really need them in unlife anyway.~
Search my mind for remnants of magical knowledge from the soul fusion.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9069 on: February 27, 2014, 04:17:50 pm »

In the streets of Mothdale...

Sigmund knows how to handle dogs, obviously - back away slowly, don't make any sudden moves, be smooth, keep up an air of mystery, make sure to keep them interested, make a joke occasionally, preferably high comedy...

As he rolls away, though, the dog just keeps growling and slowly moving in his direction. It does not seem to like his presence one bit, though it does not look like it wants to particularly bite him, either. So Sigmund is left indecisive on the matter of whether burping at it forcefully would be appropriate under the circumstances.

In a hall in the Red Tower of Power...

Niklas, seeing nothing wrong with this new body, takes a moment to get used to moving around in it - it is rather easy, and the woman seems about as agile and strong as a regular person despite her small stature. It has no beard, but this is something Niklas believes he can fix with time and effort.

With all that clarified, Niklas runs to look for the fat lady - unfortunately, though, she is nowhere to be found, Niklas realizes after running through the nearby rooms. And the other people seem to be avoiding him for some reason.

"Dad? I have a question - are you still Dad or should I call you Mom now?" Torkel suddenly asks on top of all this.

At the Second Shank...

Mark, careful of the walruses in the water, hops onto the ship and begins to search for things of importance - he finds that all the supplies of the ship have gone completely untouched, and that nobody seems to currently be on it aside from him. Shortly after him, the Captain enters along with his enslaved helpers, as one can easily tell from the wailing that soon permeates the air. Guess there's not much to do now except hope that that bumping noise that the walruses seem to be making is not some kind of ominous portent of things to come but rather their inability to achieve some kind of objective. Just as he thinks this, though, he notices two tusks pierce through one of the nearby walls, then promptly remove themselves, allowing water to begin streaming in. Uh... that's not good. And, judging by the sounds he's hearing, more holes are getting made elsewhere as well.

Morton, meanwhile, moves up to the deck of the ship, taking up a watchful, inanimate position as he begins to recite the Listening Chant once again. It takes hold relatively quickly, the last chanting still fresh in his mind, and soon he can hear quite a few interesting things. Like the wind. And the birds. Nothing anyone cares too much about, though. Although he does hear a very unusual sound, followed by the rather surprising sight of the Artiste suddenly appearing on deck.

"Dang, Morton, you look messed up. Let's hope the rest are in better shape, eh? I'd love to stay and chat, but I'd rather get below decks as soon as possible. There's birds around, you know!"

Oh, Morton most certainly knows. The Artiste, however, keeps to his word and immediately steps away, disappearing in a very unusual fashion.

Inside an artifact pet store...

Darren tries to explain current events to the pet store lady.

"The constructs. I simply need to run them over there from here."

"The... constructs? Hm..." the lady says doubtfully. "I don't think they're allowed to own pets! Also, they don't have any money, do they? And I can't just give away my pets without knowing who is getting them, yes!"

In a place of blinding white...

Scott, seeing plainly that his eyes are no good here, closes them. Or, rather pretends he can't see, which seems to work just as well despite the fact that he has no working eyes. He then spins around and heads off in a random direction, entrusting himself to the fates themselves.

Eventually, he bumps up against something. It is a very odd feeling.

"Yeeheeheeheehee!" a soft voice giggles at him.

In a guest receiving area of Lizzie's mistress...

Kevin searches his slightly changed mind for emergent information about magic, because that feels like information that would come in handy. He searches his mind, and, oddly enough, distinctly remembers being a little girl once, and wishing that she could do something about that shouty neighboring man who always interrupted her naps and nightly sleep with his very unfortunate tendency toward loudness. And that was the day she knew she wanted to have magic.

Rather disappointingly, she didn't manage to get magic before her patience ran out and she resorted to merely leading one of his children off the beaten path, capturing him in a net and then selling him off to a traveling peddler in exchange for books about learning the art of magery. The man had been a lot quieter after that, and the daily and nightly sobbing had proven far less disruptive to her at first, and after that he just moved away somewhere.

Kevin gets a slight kick from remembering that. It was a more innocent time, of course.

~Looking wistful there, Kevin. What's up?~

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #9070 on: February 27, 2014, 04:21:45 pm »

Call me Dad still. Once I learn transmutation I'll be able to change my body to a man anyway.

Niklas wonders why people are avoiding him. Could it be his knife? His face? Well, as the proverb went, when people avoid you for some unspecified reason, shout.

HEY FAT LADY I GOT A NEW BODY!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9071 on: February 27, 2014, 04:31:06 pm »

Well, the dog wants me to get away, right?-Sigmund thought- That's definitely not something difficult to do.

Keep slowly backing away, try to go around a corner so that I break sight line. All being careful and not aggressive.

If successful, look again for people I know, looking at the sky for ninja slime clouds from time to time.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9072 on: February 27, 2014, 04:35:27 pm »

Call me Dad still. Once I learn transmutation I'll be able to change my body to a man anyway.

Niklas wonders why people are avoiding him. Could it be his knife? His face? Well, as the proverb went, when people avoid you for some unspecified reason, shout.

HEY FAT LADY I GOT A NEW BODY!

Moments later, the fat lady floats out of a nearby room.

"Ah. So you have. Quick work. I like that."

She scratches her chins thoughtfully.

"So, what type of magic would you like to learn? I'm thinking you would be best suited for something like, say, metamagic."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #9073 on: February 27, 2014, 04:41:15 pm »

What's that?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9074 on: February 27, 2014, 04:43:20 pm »

What's that?

"Magic that controls other magic. Mostly helps or hinders it. Not overly dangerous on its own, but a good starting point, especially if you intend to learn more magic later."
Pages: 1 ... 603 604 [605] 606 607 ... 719