Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 476 477 [478] 479 480 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 556463 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 5: The Path of Dreams
« Reply #7155 on: September 30, 2013, 11:46:54 am »

"If I'm going to earn money on the streets, it'll be by jesting and not by begging. So no."

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7156 on: September 30, 2013, 12:43:27 pm »

Sigmund shrugged yet again.

-If you want to earn money in a state such as that, go ahead, but I'm sure that you won't be able to do much.

Sigmund then goes to the cargo hold, where Mark is, and says:

-Well, I want to read your books, and I don't know if you can even read, but I will be a little considerated and read them with you.

Sit and leant towards Mark, using him as support, and read the book on divination.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7157 on: September 30, 2013, 04:56:17 pm »

At the Brotherhood of Fine Furniture and Other Odds and Ends...

Niklas thanks his kindly provider of chairs and works his magic!

However, these chairs don't seem willing to cooperate for some reason. Niklas can't help but wonder why that might be.

"It is these furniture salesmen, I tell you. You cannot trust their ways."

On the deck of the shrieking ship of Shriekpot...

Sigmund, quite aware of the horribly injured and outlandish state of both himself and his compatriots, proposes an idea for Kevin to ruminate upon.

"Well, do you want to come with me to beg for some money? You know, maybe we can use people's pity in our favor."

He can see it now - unfortunate victims of guardsman brutality, wailing their hearts out on the streets, their story pushing all passersby to openly weep tears of pure gold into handily-placed receptacles... ooh...

"If I'm going to earn money on the streets, it'll be by jesting and not by begging. So no."

Dammit, Kevin, Sigmund was on a roll here.

"If you want to earn money in a state such as that, go ahead, but I'm sure that you won't be able to do much," Sigmund shoots back, hoping that'll show the impudent jester who is the real idea man here. He then heads back to the cargo hold to his only true friend, if only by virtue of sheer immobility, Mark.

"Well, I want to read your books, and I don't know if you can even read, but I will be a little considerate and read them with you."

While Sigmund sits down and reads the book, Mark can't help but feel that he would appreciate limbs far more than a bedtime story from the schmuck who stole his books and just now gravely insulted his literacy. He's read the damn things already, for goodness' sake!

Sigmund, leafing through the book, finds that it has a whole lot of text in it. With words! And shapes! And diagrams! Oh, how terribly impressive! There's also a funny chapter on something called visceromancy, that looks like a fun thing to read in a darkened room in the middle of the night. Other than that, it's mostly just depictions of people finding meaning in all sorts of random crap.

At the Feisty Jelly...

Scott explains the problem at hand.

"The Special's the problem, they enjoyed it too much."

"Hah! I'm sure they did. So, whaddaya want again?"

On a telepathic ship...

Morton inquires further on the ship's emotional experience.

~Very true, very true indeed. It's never quite the places we've been that make them special, but rather what we remember of them, and what has happened there as I've always found. What was her name? She sounds like the kind of person I'd hear causing sweeping changes across the lands.~

~Marian Fensworth, her name was. A name to remember and treasure, yes. Have you heard of her?~

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7158 on: September 30, 2013, 09:01:33 pm »

((Damned failed intelligence rolls))

A whole lot of random crap. That was divining. And yet it was used by the guards, and they proved to not be so incompetent. That would mean that either diviners can scam people for money, or all this bullshit was actually true, Sigmund thought.

Read about the different ways to find meanings in random crap.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #7159 on: September 30, 2013, 09:50:43 pm »

Has he? Morton ponders this. He was raised and mostly stayed in a small town when he was alive, and when he was given a second chance he primarily only left due to errands to run from Master Yaleson. ...Sadly he'd be surprised if he knew the name, but still racked his now-figurative brain for any idea.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #7160 on: September 30, 2013, 11:27:24 pm »

Do you have any spells on these chairs that prevent them from being altered or magic used on them? If so, remove them, please.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7161 on: October 01, 2013, 12:51:17 am »

Time certainly did seem to fly down there, what with the logic puzzle guard, and one and an eighth women to keep him company. Not to mention one not quite sane man.

Darren sighed. Hopefully the gods had some time to spare. It's not like they're going anywhere though, right?

Head outside. Look around. Gauge time.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7162 on: October 01, 2013, 02:28:59 am »

Some weak beer, I wouldn;t trust the water in a town like this. It's full of scum and villany.
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7163 on: October 01, 2013, 07:48:11 am »

In the depths of the shrieking ship...

Sigmund wonders what the deal with this random crap is. Is it just to play fools for money, or could there be something more underneath the layer of linguistic white noise? Looking through the book, Sigmund would say it's the first, mostly - sure, there might be a tip or two to be had, but he can't really say he's willing to read through the whole thing - it's woefully dry and lacking in handy illustrations, and the illustrations it does have seem to only confuse the matter further.

To put it mildly, Sigmund is quite dissatisfied with the quality of this volume. Only thing it says to actually do with the word dice is to roll them. Yeah, thanks. That's really helpful.

On a telepathic ship...

Morton considers whether he's ever heard the name Marian Fensworth, and he concludes that he really can't say. It's not a terribly memorable name, not to mention that he's spent most of his life in a single village that didn't hear or observe much of the surrounding world.

So he could be said to be woefully out of the loop on things, yes.

At the Brotherhood of Fine Furniture and Other Odds and Ends...

Niklas, somewhat disappointed at the way these chairs aren't doing what he wants them to do, asks the chair salesman if he can help.

"Do you have any spells on these chairs that prevent them from being altered or magic used on them? If so, remove them, please."

"No such spells, sir. We can add them to chairs, but only by request. And such requests are, of course, expensive."

Damn.

"There is something wrong with that man, I have to say. Be careful, dear."

At the Tomb of Everything...

Lacking an adolescent girl to interrogate, Darren goes outside. The fortified village looks as generally humble as ever, particularly so now that it's dark and you can't see a whole lot of it. If Darren had to guess, he would say that the fact that it's dark means that it's night, or at the very least the late evening.

At the Feisty Jelly...

Scott explains that he would like something lighter for his fellows than the horrid hell-brew he has already.

"Some weak beer, I wouldn't trust the water in a town like this. It's full of scum and villainy."

"How weak a beer are we talkin' here? Choose wisely, buddy."

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7164 on: October 01, 2013, 08:02:40 am »

((Two bad intelligence rolls in a row? Damn. I wonder if the beating that sufferred my head actually reduced my intelligence. And if the darkness of the damned place is giving me a bonus or not))

Read the book on bindings, looking specifically for how to break bindings.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7165 on: October 01, 2013, 08:34:09 am »

((Two bad intelligence rolls in a row? Damn. I wonder if the beating that sufferred my head actually reduced my intelligence. And if the darkness of the damned place is giving me a bonus or not))

((Actually, this was kind of a mistake I made for the longest time in this game - sunlight isn't actually supposed to reduce your intelligence if you're a vampire, just physically weaken you. I now know better.))

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #7166 on: October 01, 2013, 08:35:36 am »

(('ello, hows the game going?))

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7167 on: October 01, 2013, 08:45:29 am »

((So, I don't need to read in the dark, woo! Anyway, the RNG still doesn't like me. Either that or the books doesn't really have any kind of useful information))

Spoiler: For Gamerlord: (click to show/hide)

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #7168 on: October 01, 2013, 08:46:09 am »

((You guys still working for that demon bloke?))

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7169 on: October 01, 2013, 08:47:42 am »

((Does it seems that we have an alternative? By the way, Niklas is now made of chairs and does chair magic. And he also bought some steel aerodinamic spiked chairs))
Pages: 1 ... 476 477 [478] 479 480 ... 719