Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 557006 times)

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter One: Who's Laughing Now?
« Reply #135 on: October 30, 2012, 12:48:52 pm »

((Looks like my turn will be coming up sooner than expected. *insert evil laugh here*))
(( I concur. Mine also steadily approach.))
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 30, 2012, 12:58:08 pm »

((In an RTD, anything is possible. The halberdiers might all roll 1s and stab one another instead of the players. You never know. After all, Jordan did just walk into an inn, slaughter Skip Rogers in full view of everyone and walk out unharmed.))

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: October 30, 2012, 01:02:06 pm »

((In an RTD, anything is possible. The halberdiers might all roll 1s and stab one another instead of the players. You never know. After all, Jordan did just walk into an inn, slaughter Skip Rogers in full view of everyone and walk out unharmed.))

((AWWW YEEAH.))

Go for Bruce! The Backstabbing bastard must be punished for his wrongdoings! Politely!
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: October 30, 2012, 01:13:25 pm »

DAMMINIT! AGAIN!
Murderise the hare, then take back what I said about random.org's mother.

EDIT - stupid spell checker
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 02:27:52 pm by TopHat »
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: October 30, 2012, 02:24:01 pm »

Outside the lair of the supremely irascible Bernie the Necromancer..

Bruce, intending to betray his undead compatriots, decides to look for a weapon! He spots one in Jordan's belly! He goes for it!

[Jordan vs. Bruce: 6+2 vs. 5-1 (distracted by shiny!)]

Just as Bruce reaches for the sword with his right arm, Jordan lops it off! Stolen blood spurts from the stump!

"I say, keep your dirty claws off my sword! I got it from the officer over there in fair combat!"

"Aagh! Gaah! The pain!"

"That's what they all say! Ignorance does not make you innocent!"

"Aagh! You bastard! YOU BASTARD!"

"Don't you start too! I swear, it's always the same with you louts!"

Samuel, feeling his comrade's pain, decides to end the annoying yelling of that silly officer!

[Samuel vs. Officer: 4+1 vs. 3-2 (horrifically dismembered and bleeding badly)]

Samuel unleashes a beating of unholy proportions on the officer, caving in his skull and splashing his brains on the surrounding halberdiers!

[Halberdier morale roll: 1]

The six halberdiers that were preparing their sneak attack forget what they were doing! The halberdier on the ground sobs quietly! The recruit chooses to desert rather than face anything like what he just witnessed! All are shaken! They all take a few steps back!

Samuel chooses to use this window of opportunity to finish off the downed halberdier!

[Samuel vs. Halberdier 1: 1 vs. 6-2(beaten and shaken)]

However, the downed halberdier leaps up to his feet before he can reach him and lunges at Samuel with a desperate scream, tears flowing down his cheeks!

[Halberdier 1 vs. Samuel: 5-1(shaken, not using halberd due to hysteria) vs. 6+1]

The halberdier makes a valiant leap, but Samuel is far too quick to be caught by that trick!

[Counter attack! Samuel vs. Halberdier 1: 6+1 vs. 2]

Instead, he pounds the halberdier into the ground with his cane, leaving a barely recognizable pile of bloody viscera!

[Halberdier morale roll: 1-1(from previous experience)]

The halberdiers all stare at the remains of their most recently dead compatriot, having unwillingly witnessed the terrifying spectacle in its entirety! They all turn tail and run!

Jordan and Samuel, riding high on a wave of grotesque atrocities, decide to pursue and eliminate as many as possible!

[Jordan vs. Fleeing Halberdiers: 4+2 vs. 1-1 (shaken)]
[Samuel vs. Fleeing Halberdiers: 2+1 vs. 1-1(shaken)]

Samuel catches up to one halberdier and trips him up, then whacks him with the cane until he stops moving! Jordan, however, may have a disadvantage in mobility, but he makes up for it with sheer style and flair! He spins and leaps behind the halberdiers, slashing at their legs, knees and spines! Four of them topple to the ground like felled trees, whereupon they are quickly beheaded by the Zombie Guillotine himself. Finally, he hurls his axe into the back of a final halberdier, splitting his poor heart in two! He quickly reclaims the axe and yells after the panicking escapees:

"Do come again, I'm sure we'll have jolly good time once more! Cheerio!"

In the forest of madness...

James, at a complete loss on how to deal with the wild hare on his face, decides to just nursery-rhyme it into submission!

[Who wants to sing: 3-2]

"Twinkle, twinkle, little AARGH OH GODS WHAT DID I DO TO DESERVE THIS oh wait, I remember."

[Forgive me, oh gentle gods: 2-1]

"Almiria, I invoke the ancient and sacred right of TAKE-BACKSIES! Nyah nyah nyah, can't go around that!"

You get the feeling that if the gods could directly spit on you, they definitely would.

Spoiler: GM Note (click to show/hide)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: October 30, 2012, 02:26:16 pm »

((*grumble*))

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: October 30, 2012, 02:31:08 pm »

AAH CURSE YOU STUPID AUTO CORRECT I WANTED TO SAY MURDERISE! DAMMINIT!
Beat the harDe into a bloody pulp, and see if the gods are actually bound by TAKE-BACKSIES.

EDIT- SEE! SEE! HARE DOES NOT CORRECT INTO HARD!
AND PLEASE USE A REAL DIE NEXT TIME!
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 03:44:17 pm by TopHat »
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: October 30, 2012, 02:41:47 pm »

Samuel will gather up all the gold, jewelry/etc that's worth-while, and equip a decent suit of armor, grab a sword and shield if possible, and head to the Necromancer. He'll give him the jewels and gold/etc, and ask if he may now learn...Magic!

Glorious rolls! Samuel and Jordan make a great team.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: October 30, 2012, 02:55:12 pm »

Beat the harDe into a bloody pulp, and pray to one of the gods I haven't pissed off yet.

((Are you sure you want to pray to one of the three gods you haven't pissed off yet? Because that might end badly for you (see last abbreviation of previous turn). Also, I ain't usin' no real die, those are fo' suckas that got space to throw 'em properly.))
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 03:09:38 pm by Harry Baldman »

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: October 30, 2012, 03:14:54 pm »

"I WON'T GIVE UP!"
FIGHT! FIGHT TO THE BITTER END!
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: October 30, 2012, 03:15:41 pm »

Beat the harDe into a bloody pulp, and pray to one of the gods I haven't pissed off yet.

((Are you sure you want to pray to one of the three gods you haven't pissed off yet? Because that might end badly for you (see last abbreviation of previous turn). Also, I ain't usin' no real die, those are fo' suckas that got space to throw 'em properly.))
YES AT SOME POINT IT WILL WORK.
*sighs* just use random.org then :(

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: October 30, 2012, 03:18:03 pm »

((Actually, no. No, it will not. You are Disliked By The Five. Sure, only Pacitarius really, really hates you, but they all are very unwilling to help you.))

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: October 30, 2012, 03:41:33 pm »

((Actually, no. No, it will not. You are Disliked By The Five. Sure, only Pacitarius really, really hates you, but they all are very unwilling to help you.))
What modifier will I get for the roll?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: October 30, 2012, 03:42:41 pm »

((It will autofail. No roll at all.))

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: October 30, 2012, 03:43:11 pm »

Ah. Action changed.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 719