Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 641 642 [643] 644 645 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 556396 times)

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 6: Enjoying the Gub Life?
« Reply #9630 on: April 28, 2014, 11:59:24 pm »

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)
Morton gazed at the castle with mild wonder, not sure if he could exactly call it welcoming. But then, should a fort be particularly welcoming? Matters of appearance to travelers aside, the desk is certain that there are magic users to be found here, but it does strike him that officially employed mages are going to be particularly more difficult to persuade to move. But one never knows until they try though, do they?

Seeing as he's one of the two who can physically stand, the desk floats on over to the platform and quietly settles down on it. He's not particularly sure what to do now, waiting patiently. Perhaps it works as a door knocker, letting a doorkeeper know that one is wishing attention? Perhaps a method akin to telepathy? Was it an enchantment perhaps? Or some other form of magic? The tea apostle's interests were peaked, to say the least.

"I wouldn't bother much about it, good sir Scott. They may not receive much in the way of visitors. It must be dreadfully isolating, I fear." The desk said to the ghostly head. While he found Scott's actions a tad odd, it was nothing to comment on. Perhaps mental fatigue, Morton figures, as he doesn't believe those of incorporeal-make would tire as others would. Considering all that's happened, he can't particularly blame the ghost. It was not just a scant week ago they were all at the manor, going about their old businesses. Or was it? The desk isn't quite comforted in his difficulty in judging passed time. When one never sleeps it becomes hard to separate one day from another, it seems.

Stand on platform, wait patiently and politely.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 12:01:07 am by Xanmyral »

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9631 on: April 29, 2014, 03:23:17 am »

((HAHAHAH! Evangelical jokes. :'D))
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9632 on: April 29, 2014, 06:23:02 am »

((I can almost imagine Morton going around like that! Haha))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9633 on: April 29, 2014, 02:27:40 pm »

In the refugee camps of Eckledun...

Kevin tries to dance even faster! And faster! And faster still! The audience look quite impressed. Sigmund, though, pays them no mind, for he is a little too busy hiding his shame from being totally overshadowed by Art's info-gathering skills.

"Well, I gathered mostly the same information as you, but, for what I heard, demons are also involved in all this. Hmm, the Gub said that they have been sentient for about a week, so all that has happened was pretty recent. I suspected about the takeover as I went around Mothdale, but I did not expect the assailants to go away," he says at first, but is struck by an idea. "Unless the making of the Gub was planned by them! But who would be able to make something like this? It is troubling. So much death without apparent reason. And the Gub would actually benefit from having more people around, specially their Archmage. It doesn't make sense."

"Their archwizard was apparently some weirdo. Specialized in shields and stuff like that. Maybe that ties into the whole thing? Didn't have any apprentices. Lived alone in his tower, apparently."

Sigmund merely sighs and continues.

"But we have to attend to more urgent matters first. The people seem to be distracted, and we could perfectly steal the soul of this poor mage inside this tent, or we could try to pay him to get him back at Mothdale. So, let's try the less-barbaric solution first. I'll check if the other's have some money, as I suspect Mark has looted my body before I have been transferred to it. When I come back to handle it to you, well, I think that I can leave the negotiation on you hands, assuming that whoever is inside the tent is a life mage."

"Yeah, sure."

As Mark tries to keep up, Kevin just increases the speed and complexity of his footwork up until the point where he feels one of his legs give way - with a painful twist and a nasty wobble, Kevin is sent sprawling to the ground, which makes the audience emit a collective 'aw!' of crushing disappointment before they lose interest and start wandering off. Ah, the treacherous ways of men and women with short attention spans. Sigmund, slightly miffed, walks over and gathers some coins from the ground - or tries to, anyway - seems a lot of the audience picked their (well, maybe not their own, strictly speaking) money off the ground before leaving. Damn these wily refugees! He turns to the injured Kevin and his buddy.

"I need all the money you have to pay for the life mage to go the Mothdale. These people are all refugees from a massacre there, so this is not an easy task."

"Mark looted our bodies, I think he'll have any coins we had," Kevin says, still rubbing his injured knee.

"Yeah, I got the coins, now let's give these people a proper show," Mark says, seemingly looking at nothing at all (granted, he doesn't actually need to face anything to see it, unlike his friends) while handing Sigmund his 9 coppers and 6 silvers. And despite Mark's unreadable method of perception, Kevin gets the feeling that Mark is looking at him. Very closely, no less. Sigmund decides to leave them to it for now and hands Art the coins.

"I... don't think this'll help that much, but hey, you never know. Unto the breach and all that. Wish me luck!" Art says, walking off and disappearing into the healer's tent.

In the basement of the Red Tower of Power...

Niklas, guessing that he probably does make for a better test subject than the kid, agrees to testing.

"Ah, you look competent though! But it's not like it's the first time I've run the risk of being killed by magic, so I'm sure I won't die this time. Magic away, then!"

"Okay, here goes! Zippety... BOOP!" the boy says, violently poking his fingers into Niklas' eyes at the last word.

[Lifeboy's magic roll: 4]

Niklas recoils a bit from the poke, and, while rubbing his eyes, notices that the basement looks quite a lot brighter now! He can actually see! Hooray!

"Okay, now me! Hooskity... ZOOG!" he shouts as he drives his fingers into his own eyes immediately afterwards.

[Lifeboy's magic roll: 4]

He yelps a little, then blinks a few times, regarding the room around him with wonderment. His eyes look somewhat... different now. There seems to be a pronounced mirrorlike quality to them now.

"It works! Yay me! Hooray for you! We make the bestest team, huh?"

"Bestest team, yay!"

"Three cheers for heroic adventure in the darkest of dungeons"

In the Temple of Automaton Worship...

Darren, once again, feels quite resigned to his fate.

"Ah... A bit more wouldn't hurt, but..."

"A bit... more, huh?" his friend (who Darren has dubbed a 'her' for the purposes of what comes next) says, and suddenly her body grows in each direction, her volume increasing threefold in seconds. She's about the size of three women horizontally now, Darren thinks. "How about this? Have to make sure you're comfortable, right? Otherwise the whole thing falls apart."

At a colorful castle by the seaside...

Scott feels highly deflated and embarrassed as he regards the colorful castle, and nobody aside from him can really say why, to be honest.

"I... I can't stand," he states the obvious, floating weightlessly over to Morton and attempting to rest on his surface. It seems to work at first, as Morton does seem somewhat impermeable by ectoplasm, but Scott feels his surface get uncomfortably hot the longer he spends near it, and buggers off within half a minute.

"I wouldn't bother much about it, good sir Scott. They may not receive much in the way of visitors. It must be dreadfully isolating, I fear," Morton says, moving over to the platform and settling atop it.

"I can't see inside the place. That's a sign there's something magical there," Justine says. "Hopefully someone deserving of the gub."

"I hope it is somebody agreeable. The color scheme seems to indicate so. Well, it could be somebody brutally annoying as well, of course," Tailor Craig says while they wait. Only about half a minute passes before an individual in a bright blue robe, his face obscured by a pointed black cowl, appears before them, and speaks in a high, mildly girlish, but still definitely male voice.

"You approach the secluded retreat of our mistress, Lady Melville!" he says cheerily. "Do you have business here? Perhaps you are potential guests of an agreeable nature? Do you bear any messages?"

"We fit the first category best," Justine says.

"But we're also the second as well, of course," Tailor Craig adds.

"Then you are welcome!" the man says, and the world around the entire group turns to powder, blasted away like so much dust to reveal a huge entrance hall, the general color scheme making it rather obvious that it's the castle they already saw. Paintings of important-looking people cover the walls, and empty-looking fountains form a slightly desolate line running along the middle of two parallel ascending staircases along the sides of the room. There appear to be doors to the left and to the right, as well as past the fountains and on the second floor. The whole place looks a bit... dusty in places.

"Behave yourselves well! I shall go and rouse Lady Melville and tell her the good news!" the man says and disappears, leaving the group alone in the room. A moment passes.

"So I guess we-" Tailor Craig begins, but is cut off by the sudden reappearance of the man. With him appears to be a short, rather exquisitely beautiful maiden with bone-white skin, looking no more than nineteen years old at best. She seems to be dressed in somewhat old-fashioned, though nevertheless very well-made and nicely maintained finery. Also, her hands resemble slightly underdeveloped bat wings, as a side note, with the bones looking slightly misshapen and with bits of skin (still entirely white and partially transparent, with subtle blood vessels occasionally visible under the right light) stretched between the fingers and between her arms and the sides of her torso.

"Ladies, gentlemen, desks and blobs, I introduce Lady Pauline Melville, the mistress of the manor!" the red-robed man says, bowing while backing off from the maiden, arms outstretched toward her in a presenting gesture. Lady Melville giggles and curtseys.

"Oh, don't mind Henry," she says, flapping her arms a little as if by instinct before blushing and lowering them along her sides. "He so rarely gets to introduce me. What brings you to my little corner of the world?"
« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 03:42:26 pm by Harry Baldman »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #9634 on: April 29, 2014, 02:35:17 pm »

Häer! Hōōr! Hnng!

Now then, let's go get what we came for!

Search for whatever it was we came for. Xantalos has forgotten because of six days of fever.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9635 on: April 29, 2014, 03:40:44 pm »

Sigmund leaned closer to Kevin and said:

-Damn you Kevin, can't you just keep a good body without destroying it? At least you should still be able to play any instruments. Don't really count on me to carry you on the way back.

He then turned to Mark, feeling that he needed to say something about how he was helped by him, even after all the complaints:

-Now that we have an oportunity to talk, well, I think that I should say at least, yes, well, thank you, for fixing me even after all my complaints and that. But know that I am only going to need it again if I am in a desperate situation, so don't do that unless I absolutely need it, yeah?

A few seconds pass as Sigmund is uncomfortable silent, then he speaks again:

-Now that we are waiting, why don't you go and look around for more mages? I, unfortunately, am not really good at travelling around towns, and Kevin is hurt, so the task must rely on you.

He then hoped for his psychopath companion to leave. Because he felt even more awkward with a Mark made of flesh than with the weird metal skeleton tree.

((The second response from Art says the same thing as the first one, just pointing it out. Also, I find this new character really interesting. It seems like a vampire!))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9636 on: April 29, 2014, 03:43:05 pm »

((The second response from Art says the same thing as the first one, just pointing it out.))

Fixed!

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9637 on: April 29, 2014, 05:12:01 pm »

"Pardon me for my rudeness, and I apologise profusely to my compatriots for this embarrassment, but I'm a spirit not a 'blob'! And I refuse to be insulted, degraded and demeaned by such a distasteful address!"
Shake with anger.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 05:19:02 pm by Innsmothe »
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9638 on: April 29, 2014, 05:31:39 pm »

"Pardon me for my rudeness, and I apologise profusely to my compatriots for this embarrassment, but I'm a spirit not a 'blob'! And I refuse to be insulted, degraded and demeaned by such a distasteful address!"
Shake with anger.
((I can almost imagine your charred and amorphous self shaking with disgust))

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9639 on: April 29, 2014, 06:28:37 pm »

Mark sulutes His companions "I wont let you down" Then heads out to find more mages.
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9640 on: April 29, 2014, 06:45:21 pm »

Sigmund sighed after Mark left, then spoke to Kevin:

-Allright, lets find a place where we can sit to chat like sisters or like we are common people at least, yes? We need to talk about what we know about the Gub.

Help kevin to sit nearby, in a place that it is not the middle of nowhere.

-So, what information have you gathered so far? I can say hat the Gub has been sentient for about a week, has emotions, and is not or at least not entirely human.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #9641 on: April 30, 2014, 07:01:37 am »

"I didn't ask to be put into this body, you know."
Let Sigmund help me, and once I've sat down try to test if I broke my leg or just sprained it or something.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 02:09:01 pm by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9642 on: April 30, 2014, 08:02:07 am »

Shake with anger.

"I apologize deeply, sir," Henry says, placing his hand in front of his mouth worriedly. "Such a terrible mistake on my part! I am shamed. How can I make amends?"

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9643 on: April 30, 2014, 09:16:50 am »

"Apologising was enough. Few do even that courtesy nowadays."
Gauge how genuine his reaction was.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9644 on: April 30, 2014, 10:16:51 am »

"Apologising was enough. Few do even that courtesy nowadays."

"You are too kind, sir," Henry says, bowing to you. You're... not really good at reading someone who's hidden behind a robe and a cowl. His body language does seem expressive, though.
Pages: 1 ... 641 642 [643] 644 645 ... 719