Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 640 641 [642] 643 644 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 556303 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 6: Enjoying the Gub Life?
« Reply #9615 on: April 23, 2014, 10:56:57 am »

How about my knife?

Sadly, the loss of your arms also resulted in the loss of your knife.

"No, no, no! I do meat magic, and bone magic, and marrow magic! Not metal magic!"

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #9616 on: April 23, 2014, 11:06:10 am »

Well, what's the worst that could happen. Glow me!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9617 on: April 23, 2014, 03:00:16 pm »

Follow Morton, head and desk going onward to great and probably disastrous adventure!
((I wonder how he;d feel if Scott deliberately slammed himself into him in the form of a common meme?))
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #9618 on: April 26, 2014, 12:57:51 am »

[Urge, sorry. My life kinda-sorta went into lock down mode to get a few projects done the past few days, just recently free enough to get back to the swing of things with forums. I do wonder, was the nudging as in Scott pushed against Morton with his ectoplasm, or telekinetically? I've been curious if Morton can interact with ghost now ever since he had this form.]

~Is the western road particularly dangerous, good group Gub? While certainly... Er...~ Morton honestly couldn't think of a nice way to put it. ~...Delinquent, at times, there is always the hope for reformation and penitence. I do hope they don't run into any dangers.~ The floating desk communed with the Gub, wondering how much control he has over his light and seeing if he can fiddle with it in a minor way, nothing major.

"I'm certain that we'll find someone once we near a city or town, good mage Justine. It should be an interesting trip none the less, and there's truly never a better way to see the surroundings than to walk amongst them!" The desk spoke in his usual chipper tone, his inner, calming joy having returned after the successful diplomatic conversation with Gub.

Ah, the rustic joys of the country side! How he's missed it, having been cooped up in a claustrophobic ship and cold city. It does good to be reminded of one's home, after all, even if in just small ways.

Onward down the path Gub suggested, which is just onwards! Also, fiddle with personal lighting, see if Morton can control it. Attempt only slight changes however.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9619 on: April 27, 2014, 12:15:08 pm »

In the refugee camp outside Eckledun...

Sigmund knows it would be best for the group to split up for now - that way they won't cramp his style, and also maybe find out something on their own, though he wouldn't exactly bet money on that possibility.

"Well, we got a bunch of refugees. I wouldn't be surprised if they have run out of Mothdale, actually. And, whoever is inside this tent is probably a life mage. But, before attempting, well anything, it would be better to get to know what has happened in first place. So, I would suggest we spread out a little bit, hear what the people is talking about, then regroup here to discuss our findings."

He waits a moment for someone to respond. Nobody does.

"Any questions?" he asks, hoping that at least somebody makes it known that they still inhabit the same general place in space and time as he does.

"That includes me, right? I'm supposed to investigate as well?" Art asks, and Sigmund patiently nods. "Yeah, thought so. Okay."

After a brief moment, Sigmund looks at Mark, who seems to still be playing the bongos.

"And please stop playing those. I think that I am the one who is supposed to play them, not you," he says, taking away his weird friend's bongos and handing him the flute instead. Mark just begins to play that instead. Out of time and patience, Sigmund paces off in search of information, keeping an ear out for information. And, twenty minutes later, from a generous mixture of eyewitness accounts and thrilling tales of peril obtained in the process of investigation, he manages to piece together an important piece of information - most of these people are from Mothdale, and demons are clearly responsible for all this in some way. Exciting facts acquired, he comes back to the healer's tent.

Mark and Kevin are there already, which should not come as too much of a surprise. Mark appears to showing off his flute abilities with a virtuoso performance, while Kevin appears to be doing his damnedest to dance along to his high-speed rendition of three different popular folk songs layered on top of one another, and succeeding quite admirably. The dynamic duo's antics seem to have attracted a very sizable crowd of refugees, some of which seem to be throwing them copper coins on occasion. While Sigmund processes how and why they're doing this, Art walks up to him.

"Right, the people here are all from Mothdale, and they came here because a bunch of people came over one day, killed their archmage, obliterated their city guard and made good progress on exterminating the rat people as well as a whole lot of innocent bystanders. Also a whole lot of transmuters came to town for a few weeks and started massively shifting everything. Apparently it was some kind of organized takeover," he says. "The people in Eckledun are letting as many of them live inside the town, but it's been pretty problematic to provide them all with lodgings. The Black Circle of Magic are apparently helping out a lot of necessities and so forth, and many of the mages around here are their people. Some of the healers, though, are freelancers, or so I gathered. What did you find out?"

In the basement of the Red Tower of Power...

"Well, what's the worst that could happen. Glow me!" Niklas bravely says, as unafraid of untested magic as he is of starved bears during mating season.

"Glowy glowsticks go!" the boy chants, touching his stubby little pinkie finger to Niklas' chest.

[Lifeboy's magic roll: 3]

Niklas feels his torso begin to tingle, which quickly becomes a slight burning sensation. On the other hand, he seems to be very softly glowing. Not quite enough to see in the dark, but certainly enough to be seen in the dark - as such, he doubts he is more prepared to brave the spider-filled confines of the basement than before.

"Uh... ah... I know! How about I mess with your eyes to let you see better in the dark? I'll try it on you, and then on myself, okay?" the boy says enthusiastically.

"Ooh! Do it, dad! You might get cat eyes!"

"Don't encourage your father too much, Torkel! You know how impressionable he gets!"

On the road out of Mothdale...

Morton wonders if the gub might not have sent his friends into slightly more danger than they can handle (that is to say, any danger at all).

~Is the western road particularly dangerous, good group Gub? While certainly... er... delinquent, at times, there is always the hope for reformation and penitence. I do hope they don't run into any dangers,~ he says to the gub.

~oh no! it is perfectly safe! it is only their delinquency that could make it otherwise! they are silly, silly people, you must remember!~

While the gub speak, Morton is pleased to find that his glow seems to respond to conscious control rather freely - he can intensify and dampen it as he pleases. That could probably be useful, he guesses. But that is a consideration for another time. For now, travel is of paramount importance!

"I'm certain that we'll find someone once we near a city or town, good mage Justine. It should be an interesting trip none the less, and there's truly never a better way to see the surroundings than to walk amongst them!"

"Your optimism never fails to amuse, Morton," Justine merely replies, and the group set off along the northwestern road. There are few sights on the way aside from the thick pine forest covering the coastline dunes, and the road twisting and turning around coastal lagoons on the way. The vegetation is a bit sparse this time of year, and the animals seem quite skittish, which is probably a good thing. Eventually the group, in all their obviously abnormal glory, reach a structure! It looks to be a rather large seaside castle, constructed entirely of red, purple and gold stonelike blocks put together in strange, seemingly meaningful combinations. It seems to be quite the fortified place, though, and one can see the faintest glimmer of some kind of largely invisible field encircling the area. Outside this field is a platform with a heptagram on it - next to it is a polished marble sign saying "Visitors! Stand on the platform if you have business here!"

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #9620 on: April 27, 2014, 12:27:47 pm »

FASTER.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9621 on: April 27, 2014, 12:28:08 pm »

How about you try it first? That way if it doesn't work on me we each have a tool to guide ourselves through the dark.
Sig! Onol

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9622 on: April 27, 2014, 12:32:44 pm »

How about you try it first? That way if it doesn't work on me we each have a tool to guide ourselves through the dark.

"But what if my eyes explode or something? Then I won't be able to try it on you!"

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9623 on: April 27, 2014, 12:38:02 pm »

Ah, you look competent though!
But it's not like it's the first time I've run the risk of being killed by magic, so I'm sure I won't die this time. Magic away, then!
Sig! Onol

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9624 on: April 27, 2014, 01:19:01 pm »

((This is what I intend to do. As there are going to be reactions from NPCs, I don't care if the dialogs are done step by step, or whatever way Harry wants to do this))

Okay, time to not show how ashamed you are when you are beaten so hard in gathering information. Dammit, but maybe Sigmund was a bit rusty in all this things. After all, spying and checking mail was his first job after entering forced servitude.

-Well, I gathered mostly the same information as you, but, for what I heard, demons are also involved in all this. Hmm, the Gub said that they have been sentient for about a week, so all that has happened was pretty recent. I suspected about the takeover as I went around Mothdale, but I did not expect the assailants to go away.

Sigmund then got an idea:

-Unless the making of the Gub was planned by them! But who would be able to make something like this? It is troubling. So much death without apparent reason. And the Gub would actually benefit from having more people around, specially their Archmage. It doesn't make sense.

He then sighed, and continued:

-But we have to attend to more urgent matters first. The people seem to be disctracted, and we could perfectly steal the soul of this poor mage inside this tent, or we could try to pay him to get him back at Mothdale. So, let's try the less-barbaric solution first. I'll check if the other's have some money, as I suspect Mark has looted my body before I have been transfered to it. When I come back to handle it to you, well, I think that I can leave the negotiation on you hands, assuming that whoever is inside the tent is a life mage.

Wait until Mark and Kevin finish their song, then go with them and say to the public:

-I hope you have enjoyed my sisters' performance! Now, I'm going to join the fun briefly! Just wait for while I arrange our next song with them, please.

Now, talking in private:

-I need all the money you have to pay for the life mage to go the Mothdale. These people are all refugees from a massacre there, so this is not an easy task.

After getting the coins (and those in the floor), give them to Art, get back with Mark and Kevin, and perform a song with them as Kevin dances.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #9625 on: April 27, 2014, 01:44:52 pm »

"Mark looted our bodies, I think he'll have any coins we had."

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9626 on: April 27, 2014, 09:09:38 pm »

"Yeah I got the coins now lets give these people a proper show."
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9627 on: April 28, 2014, 01:30:20 am »

"Ah... A bit more wouldn't hurt, but..."
Go onwards.

Why could he not refuse the ectoplasm man/woman? If it were proposing what he thought it SHE was, there was plenty of reason to do so. Darren contemplated that for a few moments in his head. There were plenty of people who's promises he had broken, many of which were women far more attractive than it HER. Her, it's a her. Well, he supposed it was due to it's desperateness. It SHE seemed sort of like a kicked puppy to him, and he couldn't hurt the poor thing, even if it would lead to a possible unpleasant experience.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9628 on: April 28, 2014, 07:24:46 am »

Sigmund doesn't answer Mark and just keeps going with his plan trying to hide his desire to shudder. Mark just doesn't talk, it is weird, really weird to hear a psychopath speak so naturally.

((I cannot say how accurate was Harry when he mentioned how odd was to hear Mark talking))

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9629 on: April 28, 2014, 08:42:29 am »

"I...I can't stand."
Scott rests on Morton, hoping for this embarrassment to end quickly. 
« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 03:22:13 am by Innsmothe »
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.
Pages: 1 ... 640 641 [642] 643 644 ... 719