Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 54

Author Topic: the peasant dwarf  (Read 90695 times)

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: the peasant dwarf
« Reply #615 on: December 08, 2012, 04:06:53 pm »

And try to learn lizzard-speak. even if it is gobbo-speak.
I agree with this.
As do I, it's what I ment with the chatting with the lizard thing.
That's a good idea for the long-term, but we must not forget what our goals are. Get our companions outfitted, make our way to the Old Fort, and try to learn Lizardese on the side.
+1
+1
Just to make sure
+1
Find weapon/armor grade metal, bring ore to Mountainhome/sell silver ore and buy iron/bronze/steel, smelt it and make full armor sets for all three of you, and a lot of spare weapons of all kinds. Blowgun sucks, dwarves can reproduce neither the ammo nor the weapon. Still, with metal armor she'd be quite durable, and she needs a melee weapon anyway.

You could also buy an anvil for some of the silver ore, and an axe. That way you have everything to add a smithy to the inn, complete with smelter and wood furnace with fuel. Would be even better if you found coal.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

xominxac

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Bookkeeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: December 08, 2012, 04:49:15 pm »

Just wanted to tell you guys to take a look at brewsters sig for the dwarf comic.

Brewster

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Engraver
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: December 08, 2012, 05:09:05 pm »

You get a strong urge to want to learn lizzard-speak. You continue to order round after round and begin speaking with your two new companions. They tell you simple commands like "where's the bathroom" "where's my spear" "how do you clean blood off your loin cloth". You're lesson lasts late into the night. You learn lizard jokes and riddles. You learn lizard history and skills. Very basic remind you, but you learn. You eat all your meat, and order more booze and food with your coin. You wake-up with a slight hangover and no coin in your pack. At least you can speak with your new comrades now.

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: December 08, 2012, 05:29:26 pm »

We're out of food, so we should hunt. The jabberer should be hungry as well, maybe we could use him to track cave animals or vermin. Hunting will also provide us with bones for darts and leather for our companions' armor. Also, did we get our 10% cut as discount, or does he still need to give it to us?
My interactive forum thing: Adventures of Sir Major

xominxac

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Bookkeeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: December 08, 2012, 05:36:00 pm »

I second the hunting.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: December 08, 2012, 05:38:39 pm »

Not too dangerous prey tough.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: December 08, 2012, 06:21:54 pm »

Then we ask the lizardmen about hunting grounds, somewhere with stuff we can safely kill. As 'we' includes a Jabberer, this is just about everything in cavern layer 1, such as giant olms, blind cave bears and cave crocs. Delicious, x4 value multiplies cave crocs...
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Uthric

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: December 08, 2012, 06:48:02 pm »

Then we ask the lizardmen about hunting grounds, somewhere with stuff we can safely kill. As 'we' includes a Jabberer, this is just about everything in cavern layer 1, such as giant olms, blind cave bears and cave crocs. Delicious, x4 value multiplies cave crocs...

Not only do we have a bad ass mount ( that needs a bit more training) we have a bad ass mount WITH FB ARMOR.

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
  • !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! Come smell the ashes
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: December 08, 2012, 06:52:48 pm »

Not only do we have a bad ass mount ( that needs a bit more training) we have a bad ass mount WITH FB ARMOR.
We have an overgrown chicken wrapped inside the skin of a rather large squid.
The weredwarf Urist McUrist has come! A bearded drunkard twisted into minute form. It is crazed for booze and socks. Its unwashed beard is tangled. It needs alcohol to get through the working day and has gone without a drink for far too long. Now you will know why you fear the mines.

Et tu, Urist

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: December 08, 2012, 07:05:40 pm »

Also, we almost got ourselves killed by raccoons, and our allies are one naked lizard with a sharp stick, and another naked lizard with not enough tiny sharp sticks. I second the easy prey.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: December 08, 2012, 11:00:07 pm »

we can eat raccoons, right?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: December 09, 2012, 04:17:15 am »

we can eat raccoons, right?
Sure, and get fancy Wild West Ranger's hats of their skins!

AWWWWWW, those faces of lizards watching each other!
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: December 09, 2012, 11:02:56 am »

Maybe we should pick a prey that's less organized then these racoons?

AWWWWWW, those faces of lizards watching each other!
While we're talking about that, I loved the face of our dwarf watching the lizards watche eachother.

Uthric

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: December 09, 2012, 11:56:13 am »

If all the tribes speak goblin, then the raccoon men should to, let's take a quick ride but and inform them we will be coming back to kill them all In there sleep at some point.

Then promptly haul ass away and go hunt us some cave animals make armor for are Helpers and trade the rest to the dwarf fort for some proper armor for us and weapons for all of us.

And see if we can train are mount to track things.

Ooooooo, ask are lizard friends of they know of any near by ores.

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: December 09, 2012, 01:15:56 pm »

If all the tribes speak goblin, then the raccoon men should to, let's take a quick ride but and inform them we will be coming back to kill them all In there sleep at some point.
Sadly, we haven't encountered any antropromorphic raccoons. Just the regulair variety.

Then promptly haul ass away and go hunt us some cave animals make armor for are Helpers and trade the rest to the dwarf fort for some proper armor for us and weapons for all of us.
We have to remember not to bring lizards to the dwarves, though. Those races aren't friends.

I like the idea of asking about ores, but we have to describe what those ores look like. Lizards don't use metal, after all.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 54