Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 435 436 [437]

Author Topic: LaFotM OOC Thread: Shipping and bosses and madness oh my  (Read 272029 times)

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
Re: LaFotM OOC Thread: Shipping and bosses and madness oh my
« Reply #6540 on: October 13, 2013, 12:41:08 am »

I'd expect you people to have, I don't know, a little more respect?
:?
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #6541 on: October 13, 2013, 12:41:42 am »

I'd expect you people to have, I don't know, a little more respect?
:?
For the creator's wishes, he means.
I think.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6542 on: October 13, 2013, 12:42:49 am »

Pretty much, yeah.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6543 on: October 13, 2013, 12:43:50 am »

I really don't feel all that comfortable with people taking my setting and running with it. .-.
Well if you don't start a new game up, one of us will end up starting it ourselves. It's an inevitability.
Its seen as very disrespectful to take someones setting without their consent jsyk, if you want to make something similar make something similar but don't use Vorth's idea because he doesn't want you to. He ended it for good reason, and you should respect his wishes for you to not use it.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6544 on: October 13, 2013, 12:48:49 am »

Pretty much, yeah.
Okay. I just... hmm...
Okay.

I really don't feel all that comfortable with people taking my setting and running with it. .-.
Well if you don't start a new game up, one of us will end up starting it ourselves. It's an inevitability.
Its seen as very disrespectful to take someones setting without their consent jsyk, if you want to make something similar make something similar but don't use Vorth's idea because he doesn't want you to. He ended it for good reason, and you should respect his wishes for you to not use it.
You're sounding a tad pretentious in a fashion what rubs me a bit in the wrong way. He didn't react all that negatively when EC said he was tempted to start it up himself. As for the reasoning for his ending of it, he himself intended at first to start it up again after refining the rules and such, making it a slight more orderly. You also did not give me enough time between his reasons being made clear to me and your post to actually say that I'll respect his wishes, thanks a right fucking lot for that.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2013, 12:55:35 am by Slayerhero90 »
My tumblr.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6545 on: October 13, 2013, 01:09:10 am »

You're sounding a tad pretentious in a fashion what rubs me a bit in the wrong way. He didn't react all that negatively when EC said he was tempted to start it up himself. As for the reasoning for his ending of it, he himself intended at first to start it up again after refining the rules and such, making it a slight more orderly. You also did not give me enough time between his reasons being made clear to me and your post to actually say that I'll respect his wishes, thanks a right fucking lot for that.

1) Its not pretentious I am simply stating what should be common sense to pretty much anyone at all, I stated a widely known fact and nothing else. I do not think myself that smart, cultured, or whatever you want to call it, the fact that the very first thing you do when ll I do is politely tell you its disrespectful is that you launch into calling me pretentious shows that you clearly don't know what that means.

2) He didn't intend, he suggested he might start something like it up, but stated that he very likely wouldn't thus there wasn't a problem there. You on the other hand decided to make a post and instantly launch into preparing for and making a game in this setting without asking Vorthon before hand thus I found a problem with it.

3)
That expresses his reasons clearly enough that you should have known not to go ahead with it, but your post in response to this was essentially 'Lol nope, if you don't start it I will regardless of what you want.'

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #6546 on: October 13, 2013, 03:22:28 am »

Oh bloody hell seriously.

Lets not flog a dead horse, yes?

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6547 on: October 13, 2013, 01:06:43 pm »

It was not polite the way you put it, soul. And yes, while it may be common sense to not take without consent, back when the second game had ended and Vorth had decided to fix up the rules, kisame said, after another impatient urging of mine wanting the third game to come out, something to the effect of "If you want it so bad, why don't you start one to play in the intermission?" I declined to, because that was before Vorth decided not to work on this for a while, seeing as he had greater projects.

Now, I originally misunderstood the subscript quote to mean that maybe if I assure him I'll keep it the same he'll let me. I needed it clarified by Xantalos and then Vorth before I actually understood what he meant, and I was typing, saying that I'll respect his wishes, before you made your post.
My tumblr.
Pages: 1 ... 435 436 [437]