Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 25

Author Topic: Prince's Guard - Blood in the Mists - Game Over!  (Read 40628 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Prince's Guard - Blood in the Mists - Turn 5
« Reply #300 on: November 08, 2012, 10:31:08 am »

Yep.

Shouldn't you be on the ground bleeding to death?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: November 08, 2012, 10:33:34 am »

Your sword isn't in me yet~

Also, that was a nice pattern. Seeing an opposing swordsman, followed by his only suspicion being a gut feeling...gave me worry. Oh, and shieldman Deathsword too. I wondered if we had mirror matches.

Still, come on and hit me! His Majesty over there is all smiling anyway. Behind that shield.

Bah.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: November 08, 2012, 11:13:31 am »

Now we just need to work out a complex plan for tomorrow.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: November 08, 2012, 11:44:55 am »

I intend to doubleattack Jim tomorrow, since he's the last traitor.  If you've got a foolproof plan, I'm all ears.

If he doubleblocks me, you and Irony could whittle us down evenly, with Irony whacking you for one point once for absolute certainty.  (I really, really, really, doubt that you are scum, but for paranoia purposes.)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Prince's Guard - Blood in the Mists - Turn 1
« Reply #304 on: November 08, 2012, 12:11:29 pm »

The Traitors Tiruin and ToonyMan reveal themselves!

ToonyMan pulls the crossbow off of his back and fires a shot into IronyOwl. He brings his shield up, but the point punches through and stabs him in the arm. Seeing an opportunity, Tiruin launches a flurry of blows against the Prince. He parries one, while Leafsnail moves up to block the other shot. Given a moment's reprieve, IronyOwl stabs Tiruin in the gut, his fine blade parting the chain links of the Swordman's hauberk.

The Prince now safe, Leafsnail dashes over to ToonyMan and slams his blade into the Crossbowman's side.

Toaster and Jim Groovester, meanwhile, dance around one another, trying to gauge what to do. Eventually they each perform a finishing blow upon one of the traitors. Toaster also makes a swing at Jim, but it is easily blocked.

Caz has sustained 4 Wounds and has been slain!
Deathsword has sustained 4 Wounds and has been slain!
Tiruin has sustained 5 Wounds and has been slain!
Dariush has sustained 5 Wounds and has been slain!
ToonyMan has sustained 5 Wounds and has been slain!

The Prince, IronyOwl, has sustained 1 Wound

Turn 5 has Ended, since All Actions have been used

Turn 6 Started and will End ~10am Pacific Monday, or when all Actions have been made or Passed

Meph:  Can you defend against an attack made by yourself?

Yes. I suppose you'd be pulling your blow in that case.

Meph:  Since we're in a reactive game situation with a deadline, can Jim and I both agree that any action either takes would be to counter any action made by the other?

Hmm. No, while you can agree to do certain things I can't really allow a situation where people can exactly trust what another player will do.

« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 12:22:45 pm by Mephansteras »
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: November 08, 2012, 12:12:04 pm »

Yeah I guess yesterday I shouldn't have attacked Tiruin and did a sneak crossbow attack near turn end.  That would have been a bit more useful.  I'm still mightily pissed that Tiruin spent the entire game killing his own guys (Deathsword, Me) which led to me not thinking his was a traitor himself even after ignoring the many many many game mechanic errors he made.

(on the third link, notice how nobody is talking about a conniving heir because they don't exist)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: November 08, 2012, 12:12:48 pm »

Oh no the turn ended, my bad.  Time to get the popcorn!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Prince's Guard - Blood in the Mists - Turn 6
« Reply #307 on: November 08, 2012, 12:22:42 pm »

My only guilt is by making game mechanic errors. Thank you for pointing out the last one Toony. Mechanics really make me scum. I just don't know why nobody paid attention to anything else I was doing - oh wait, I was delaying. My bad.

And to think the way to play it right was to have to do it...right. I wouldn't have attacked you if you at least responded at all to my ultimatum. Perhaps I shouldn't have put subtle hints to my scumminess despite all my errors on mechanics, hmm? I should've gone full throttle and did something smart! Naaah, it just raises tension even further because I can't comprehend a single line of the rules. Chalk that one up on my long list of horrendous failures.

But meh. I don't care anymore.

And it had to be IronyOwl to stab me. Bah on that too.

Games always end near midnight. Hurrah.

Self-action: Rot in peace.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: November 08, 2012, 04:24:53 pm »

So now it's 1 traitor vs. 2 loyal guards + IronyOwl, it should be possible to win entirely mechanically. The goal, therefore, is to entirely eliminate Toaster with his two attacks, and then wear down the health of both myself and Leafsnail such that we are below IronyOwl's level. After Toaster is eliminated, then Leafsnail and I can eliminate each other, leaving IronyOwl as the sole survivor, and thus providing a loyalist win.

Therefore, I propose the following course of action for this turn:

Toaster targets Jim Groovester and Leafsnail with his two attacks.
Everyone else attacks Toaster.
No one defends themselves from any attack.

Thoughts?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: November 08, 2012, 04:44:47 pm »

Your plan would allow you to stall the game indefinitely for a draw.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: November 08, 2012, 05:01:11 pm »

So now it's 1 traitor vs. 2 loyal guards + IronyOwl, it should be possible to win entirely mechanically. The goal, therefore, is to entirely eliminate Toaster with his two attacks, and then wear down the health of both myself and Leafsnail such that we are below IronyOwl's level. After Toaster is eliminated, then Leafsnail and I can eliminate each other, leaving IronyOwl as the sole survivor, and thus providing a loyalist win.

Thoughts?

Nice scum slip in that you know the game would continue if I died.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: November 08, 2012, 05:35:09 pm »

Basically:

- Jim can't be left alone with 2 people (he can force a draw)
- Toaster can't be left alone with IO (he would win)

So basically kill Jim then Toaster if Jim isn't scum and chip a couple of HP off me

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: November 08, 2012, 05:40:05 pm »

Actually I'd prefer to take 3HP off Toaster first to check he's not a swordsmaster, one of those could stall the game too.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: November 08, 2012, 05:45:47 pm »

How about we do this round nice and calm, with Toaster->Jim->Leafsnail->Toaster once, nobody defending?

We could also throw in Toaster's extra attack on Jim and my extra attack on Toaster, but it's not like there's any rush.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: November 08, 2012, 05:48:11 pm »

Sounds fine.  Toaster.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 25