Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 25

Author Topic: Prince's Guard - Blood in the Mists - Game Over!  (Read 40652 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Prince's Guard - Blood in the Mists - Turn 4
« Reply #225 on: November 04, 2012, 09:30:51 pm »

It occurs to me that of the four living people that aren't me or Irony, three are traitors, assuming no heir.  As such, I'm trusting my own view and gut more.

Right now it's telling me to attack ToonyMan.

Chiefly, it's because he's scumhunting by role.  Now, if he was doing this as a supplement to actual hunting, that would be different.  But no, gotta hurt the sword dudes!

@Tiruin:
I already addressed everything you ask here in the previous posts, so you really have nothing to say.  To summarize as concisely as possible with no questions of doubt: I want the swordsmen to have less hitpoints.  The fact you're being scummy helps.

Saying why you think he's scummy would do wonders to making you believable.

Tiruin:  You're attacking the hell out of Toony; great, fine.  Who else is scum and why?

Speaking of attacking the hell out of Toony, why aren't you doing it in red?  You seem pretty damn sure on him.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: November 04, 2012, 11:05:54 pm »

Tiruin:  You're attacking the hell out of Toony; great, fine.  Who else is scum and why?

Speaking of attacking the hell out of Toony, why aren't you doing it in red?  You seem pretty damn sure on him.
I just woke up. He posted when I was asleep. Why are you attacking only once? I'm guessing you're saving it for something else, aye?

ATTACK TOONYMAN

ATTACK TOONYMAN

For your other question, I'll have to do a thorough re-read because at work right now [and I'm really busy :/ ]. (Toony won't die though, given this situation unless he's a swordsmaster). Jim is being null, due to lack of posts, mostly. Leafsnail is being his calculative self, yet I'm confused why he keeps on poking the dead horse - to skew that proverb since it seems he's all after my attack on Dariush and nothing else. Verging near Loyal on you, mostly null, given your lack of posts - yet the ability to sift through current events for information.

I never asked you anything along those lines - I asked you, why in your eyes, should I defend myself. Why are you evading my question and imposing an assumption of your own, and why are you thinking that my answers are for approval from you lot, and not of my own volition?

It's pretty obvious that I already stated my stand on not defending myself when I can use my sword instead. I explained it in a post to IronyOwl, though I should've linked it in the first place, now that I see how you're approaching this.

Basically, I'd rely on my sword more than my hypothetical shield (I mean, swordsmen in this presumed era usually had bucklers, but that's verging from the point :P). My attacker can either be a Crossbowman, an unclaimed sword-user, or a guard//shieldman, so thus I say henceforth why I'd rather not defend my own body.
So it comes down to saving your attacks up for later, right?

Ohohoho, no, sire.

Turns = actions. I wanted to get rid of my doubts on Dariush, I have other reasons but they're all IRL hence me not mentioning them at all. He could've done something with his actions in that phase - he did post afterwards - but he didn't, so what are you trying to get at? You say you're alright with my attack, but not the timing. Then you infer that I did a softball question which relates to the attack, and not the timing. What is your reasoning behind that, and did you look at my posts addressing Dariush in the first place?

I see you're looking at it from another viewpoint where I am, the lack of his post. What do you think about it, may I ask? And what do you think about my attack on Dariush - as compared to the rest who have struck at him?
Whether Dariush actioned or not is irrelevant.  The issue is you suddenly lashing out at Dariush even though previously you didn't have him down as scum, and that there was no apparent reason for this change other than "The question I asked him in my last post had an invisible time limit".  If you'd said in the first of those two posts something to the effect of "Answer me now or I'll attack, Dariush" I could believe the time delay would cause the attack, but as it is I can't see that as an excuse.

I've explained what I think about your attack on Dariush.  The other attacks on him do not have similar circumstances surrounding them so I do not regard them as suspicious.
@First: No, it should've been decided on his next post proceeding after my ultimatum. Something which just pissed me off more as he's still being stubborn in not stating anything else other than U R SCUMMY. U HAVE SWORD. His logic doesn't make sense - attacking me because of 'enforcing' a belief that is mostly a possibility, not backing it up via any means, and the sudden shift from not believing I'm scum, to believing I'm scum due to role along with Toaster.

@Second: I had my posts on him as suspicions. While you were targeting him, I had my own target [Deathsword], and though you were really aiming for him from the past, it seems that you're nitpicking my attack on him regardless of what I've said about him earlier.

The other attacks, which you say, differ in their reasoning but the player's pattern in their attacks are what I'm talking about.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: November 05, 2012, 10:47:32 am »

Why are you letting yourself get hit Tiruin?  Whatever, defend Self I'll be busy tonight and tomorrow before turn end (classes and a hair cut) so better to be safe for what I can now (in the worst case).

It occurs to me that of the four living people that aren't me or Irony, three are traitors, assuming no heir.  As such, I'm trusting my own view and gut more.
Thanks for the precaution words.  So firing blindly is superior to actually using game mechanics to help us?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Prince's Guard - Blood in the Mists - Turn 1
« Reply #228 on: November 05, 2012, 12:27:10 pm »

There are Three unresolved Attacks:
    Tiruin Attacking ToonyMan
    Toaster Attacking ToonyMan
    ToonyMan Attacking Tiruin

Caz has sustained 4 Wounds and has been slain!
Deathsword has sustained 4 Wounds and has been slain!
Tiruin has sustained 1 Wound
Dariush has sustained 5 Wounds and has been slain!

Turn 4 will End ~10am Pacific Tuesday, or when all Actions have been made or Passed
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: November 05, 2012, 02:17:53 pm »

Hey Tiruin you just did pretty much exactly the same thing again.  Only this time it was way more obviously a bandwagon.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: November 05, 2012, 08:28:13 pm »

Hey Tiruin you just did pretty much exactly the same thing again.  Only this time it was way more obviously a bandwagon.
Well, looks like the second traitor has revealed himself in the most obvious way possible.

Smart. And blind.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: November 05, 2012, 08:38:00 pm »

Also.

Why are you letting yourself get hit Tiruin?  Whatever, defend Self I'll be busy tonight and tomorrow before turn end (classes and a hair cut) so better to be safe for what I can now (in the worst case).

You go with the idea that sword-users should have lower health.

I go with the idea that MY SWORD WORKS.

So let's see the next pattern afterwards, aye? Other than evading my whole line of questioning, the only thing that is the reason you're hitting me is that I am a sword-user.

Because your suspicion on me before was wholly technical.

Leafsnail. Explain your trash on me.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: November 05, 2012, 08:42:40 pm »

Are you really going to claim that failing to act until someone else basically tells you to (and also makes the same action first) is the action of a townie?  Two phases in the row you've made ridiculously opportunistic attacks on people, with completely inexplicable timings and reasonings.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: November 05, 2012, 08:47:47 pm »

FTR your reasoning this time is weird because you make the excuse that ToonyMan posted while you were asleep, but don't explain what was especially wrong with the post he made while you were asleep (this from the guy who can't post a list of suspicions without analysis of every one of them).  Which means the reason boils down to "Toaster told me to".

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: November 05, 2012, 08:53:24 pm »

Are you really going to claim that failing to act until someone else basically tells you to (and also makes the same action first) is the action of a townie?  Two phases in the row you've made ridiculously opportunistic attacks on people, with completely inexplicable timings and reasonings.
Are you actually reading my posts instead of being blind to your own reasoning?

I gave ToonyMan an ultimatum to explain his posts. I had a damn FOS ON HIM.

If you can't reason that I was going to attack him after that, then I have lost all faith in logic and human reason.

FTR your reasoning this time is weird because you make the excuse that ToonyMan posted while you were asleep, but don't explain what was especially wrong with the post he made while you were asleep (this from the guy who can't post a list of suspicions without analysis of every one of them).  Which means the reason boils down to "Toaster told me to".

He evaded every single one of the questions when it takes little time to even skim the thing for interrogative questions.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: November 05, 2012, 09:02:36 pm »

Also, fallacious reasoning.

Let's say this in dialogue form:

Toony: SWORDSMAN LIFE MUST GO DOWN! I ATTACK TIRU!
TIRUIN: NO U! ANSWER ME FIRST AND WHY YOUR SUSPICIONS ARE [BLAH BLAH BLAH]...
TOASTER: HEEEEY, Y U NO ATTACK TOONY?
TIRUIN: O GOOD IDEA, I ATTACK TOONY! THEN I HIT HIM AGAIN BECAUSE I CAAAAN!
LEAFSNAIL: What is this.

Do you see how it looks like?

No, wait. Do you know what you just did? This isn't hypothetical now, I want to see your reasoning.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: November 05, 2012, 10:16:11 pm »

Tiruin:  Why did you hold off for so long to attack him anyway?  What could he have done to make you not suspect him?

Do you have any case on Leafsnail that doesn't involve his attack on you?

Why are you attacking only once? I'm guessing you're saving it for something else, aye?

Since I suspect multiple people (IE- you and Toony) I'm seeing how other attacks go before using my second action.  If I do attack again it'll almost certainly be one of you two.

Toony:
Thanks for the precaution words.  So firing blindly is superior to actually using game mechanics to help us?

Go ahead- please quote where I said we should fire blindly.

As bonus points, your application of game mechanics is tantamount to firing blindly anyway.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: November 05, 2012, 11:53:22 pm »

Tiruin:  Why did you hold off for so long to attack him anyway?  What could he have done to make you not suspect him?

Do you have any case on Leafsnail that doesn't involve his attack on you?
@First: Giving him one chance to redeem himself, as evidence I point to my post before his. Because of his sudden shift in disposition to whatever target he has [me] - either judging by role or has done no scumhunting at all and is drawing from blanks was my conclusion, I wanted to see what was going on in his mind before attacking or not. As an aside, he chooses those with swords instead of those he thinks is scum, this one is proven by his suspicion list where I was listed only by technicalities.

@Second: It depends on his wording, but I wanted to see his answers. All I got was a FUCK YOU and being walked out on.

It's pretty obvious that hurt me.

@Third: Before that...he was pretty clear in my eyes - judging by reason and being calculative in his words and attacks. But ever since that. Well, his tunneling on Dariush's death followed by his recent attack, I find it feasible that he just wants to strawman me before saying I'm 'bandwagoning.'

Leafsnail: What makes ToonyMan so important that you've to defend him by your words?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: November 06, 2012, 03:09:20 am »

I continue to fail to understand your argument beyond that Tiruin as a Swordsmaster should have less hit points, which is bullshit.
Swordsmen/master can attack twice and also overpower the Prince in case they're the last two left (the Prince would hopefully have more hp at that point and win otherwise), there you go.  I could add how he's been acting since my attack and Dariush's comment last turn before dying and aaaaall the things I've constantly been explaining but wait I just did.  Mind you this is a rerere-rehash of what I've been saying this turn so honestly I'm staring at the gun on my table at this point.

Yes, yes, I know all of this.

Him being swordsmaster is not sufficient enough reason.

And you have not clarified what about his reaction is scummy, other than that it is scummy. Even when Toaster brought it up in the post he attacked you.

Attack ToonyMan.

This does not add up.

Tiruin has been arguing with and has suspected ToonyMan over the entire course of the turn. Where's the opportunism? Attacking someone after a full turn of suspecting them? Suuuuuuure.

Toaster, read on Leafsnail's attack and his reasons?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: November 06, 2012, 04:56:00 am »

Where's the opportunism? Attacking someone after a full turn of suspecting them? Suuuuuuure.
Or rather not attacking someone after a full turn of suspecting them, but instead attacking them after another guy attacks him first and challenges you over not attacking.  Tiruin's attacks today and yesterday have something in common, which is there is absolutely no way of working out why he choose to attack then rather than the previous post (except opportunism).

Are you actually reading my posts instead of being blind to your own reasoning?

I gave ToonyMan an ultimatum to explain his posts. I had a damn FOS ON HIM.

If you can't reason that I was going to attack him after that, then I have lost all faith in logic and human reason.
But it was Toaster attacking that triggered your attack, not anything ToonyMan did.  Sure you had an FoS.  The question is why that FoS only became an attack once you felt you had backup.

He evaded every single one of the questions when it takes little time to even skim the thing for interrogative questions.
So why are you providing the reasons for your attack after the event rather than at the time again?  And he kindof asked you to rephrase your questions into things that are possible to answer rather than the weird vague shit you had before.

Leafsnail: What makes ToonyMan so important that you've to defend him by your words?
Nothing, and I haven't.  The key fact is that you are a mafia member and clearly don't give a damn what alignment your targets are as long as you can kill them.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 25