Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 25

Author Topic: Prince's Guard - Blood in the Mists - Game Over!  (Read 40682 times)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Prince's Guard - Blood in the Mists - Game Over!
« on: October 15, 2012, 03:41:41 pm »

I'm going to open sign-ups for Prince's Guard.

Prince's Guard is a Bang! variant instead of our usual Mafia games, but the two have enough similarities that I think it can still go in this subforum.

Setting: In the midst of a great battle being held in a dense fog the Prince finds himself alone with just his personal guard. Unfortunately for him, some of his Guards are Traitors who have been paid or coerced into trying to Kill him! He must try to survive while his guards fight one another around him. The loyal guards must remove the Traitors and keep the Prince from harm, but it is hard to tell who is Loyal and who is not.

Actual rules will follow in the next post.

We only need 5 players to start this game. I think the max will be 12. I'll let sign-ups run for a few days before actually starting the game.

Signups are closed and the game is now started.

Player List:
  • Toaster - Loyal Swordmaster
  • Leafsnail - Traitor Stalwart Guard
  • Jim Groovester - Loyal Shieldman
  • Dariush - Loyal Stalwart Guard
  • IronyOwl - The Prince
  • Tiruin - Traitor Swordsman
  • Caz - Loyal Swordsman
  • Deathsword - Traitor Shieldman
  • ToonyMan - Traitor Crossbowman

Replacement Queue
  • zombie urist
« Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 12:36:32 pm by Mephansteras »
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Prince's Guard - Signups! (0/5)
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2012, 03:42:01 pm »

In this game, rather than lynching people you have Attack and Defend options. Each player will (usually) start the game with 4 Life. Each Attack on a player that is not Defended will reduce their life by 1. When a player is reduced to 0 Life, they have been Killed and are out of the game.

Roles:

Prince
One player will be the Prince. The Prince's identity is known to all. The Prince has 4 Life with 1 Attack and 1 Defend per turn.

Guard
Most of the Players are going to be Guards. Roughly half of the players will be Loyal Guards with the other Half being Traitors. Since every guard was offered a bribe or blackmailed into trying to Kill the Prince, no one knows which guards are on their side. Only by paying attention to the Words and Deeds of the others can you determine another's alignment.

A basic Guard has 4 Life with 1 Attack and 1 Defend per turn.

Some Guards will be special:

Swordman - Can choose to Attack again instead of Defending

Shieldman - Can choose to Defend again instead of Attacking

Swordsmaster - Can choose to Attack or Defend twice in any given turn. A Swordsmaster only has 3 Life

Crossbowman - Can choose to make an Unblockable attack, but if he does so he cannot Defend that turn

Stalwart Guard - Has an additional Hit Point

Conniving Heir
One of the Guards may be a close blood relative of the Prince. If the Prince dies, he stands to become next in line to the Throne. But if any of the Traitor Guards discover who he is, they will kill him as well. Therefore, he only wins if he is the Last Man Standing after the battle.

The Conniving Heir may be Any of the Guard subclasses.

Basic Rules:

All action Declarations are Final. So make sure that you are sure of your decisions before coloring your actions.

Declaring an Attack: All attacks must name the target in Red.

Declaring a Defense: All defenses must name the person defended in Lime. A defense can only be declared after an attack against that Target is declared. You may Defend yourself.

The game doesn't have night and day phases. Instead, each round goes in Turns. A Turn will go for 72 Hours or until all players have used both of their actions. Any actions not used at the end of the Turn are forfeited.

There will be a Deadchat for this game.

There are no PMs between players for this game.

As always, directly quoting any PMs from me is forbidden.

The game will end when either the Prince is dead or all players arrayed against him are dead.

In the event that only two people are left (Prince and Traitor or Conniving Heir), a Swordsman or Swordsmaster will win. Otherwise, the Prince wins only if he has more health than the other player.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 09:43:03 pm by Mephansteras »
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2012, 03:57:01 pm »

Hmm...

In to replacement list.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2012, 04:03:21 pm »

Given that Cybrid is no more...
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2012, 04:07:14 pm »

I'll in.  Can you defend yourself, and if so how would you break the deadlock of a 1v1 game?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2012, 04:49:47 pm »

I'll in.  Can you defend yourself, and if so how would you break the deadlock of a 1v1 game?

Yes, you can Defend yourself.

Like with a normal Mafia game, there will be a set result should a 1v1 situation occur.
Come play Mafia with us!

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2012, 04:50:59 pm »

Can we know what that set result is?  EG one prince vs one corrupt guard (where both can just keep defending themselves and thus survive indefinitely)?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: Prince's Guard - Signups! (2/5 [12 max])
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2012, 08:28:15 pm »

I don't know how this works.

I will in regardless.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Prince's Guard - Signups! (3/5 [12 max])
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2012, 09:43:58 pm »

Ok, added the 1v1 info to the rules.
Come play Mafia with us!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2012, 05:54:54 am »

In to replacement list, just to see how this goes.

Or...in when players >8.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2012, 08:20:47 am »

But... but... but you promised me a pre-in. :'(

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2012, 08:27:46 am »

So there is no way of finding out who the others are? No inspects and summat'? Just good ol' scumhunting.

And we have to name our targets and who we'll defend in the game posts, right? As they're final?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2012, 09:01:21 am »

So there is no way of finding out who the others are? No inspects and summat'? Just good ol' scumhunting.

And we have to name our targets and who we'll defend in the game posts, right? As they're final?

That is all correct.
Come play Mafia with us!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Prince's Guard - Signups! (4/5 [12 max])
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2012, 12:25:57 pm »

Wow...only 4 signups in three days and just 2 active games, one of which is a BM. Where did everybody go?
Come play Mafia with us!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Prince's Guard - Signups! (4/5 [12 max])
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2012, 12:40:03 pm »

A drought of busy-ness has plagued the land with famine and desolation?  :-\
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 25