Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: The Goblin Age  (Read 11158 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: The Goblin Age
« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2012, 05:29:30 pm »

Alright, I just started a 4,999-year worldgen, with 50 civilizations and dozens of megabeasts alongside 150 caves, about twice as much evil, way more rivers and volcanoes, etc. The caverns will be open and flooded, the wars will be horrid, and the world will probably take until tomorrow to gen.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2012, 05:32:29 pm »

It shouldn't take TOO long, it only took 10-15 min to gen a 10,000 year pocket-size world, unfortunatly, the gobbo's died around the year 1000, and the Dorf's around 5000, the only survivors were the elves.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2012, 05:33:30 pm »

I'm not doing pocket-sized...And my netbook sucks a bit.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2012, 05:34:54 pm »

Oh, that might take awhile
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2012, 06:26:05 pm »

Waiting on a slow-ass computer to gen a decent world is a real pain. I can only achieve about year 150 in the first hour of world gen, and would NEVER reach 1050 before it crashes/slows to an imperceptible halt.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 19, 2012, 07:54:52 pm »

Try I seems to have ended with a crash in the 17th century. Let's try a bit less ambitious world...say, a smaller 2,500-year-old world with 30 volcanoes, a dozen megabeasts and a score of semimegabeasts alongside 5 titans, ten civilizations, one cavern layer, and so much evil that it's the seed?
Sig

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 19, 2012, 11:08:12 pm »

Alright, this was a disappointment. 2,500 years and almost nothing's happened. The last war ended in 826, a yearlong "struggle" between goblins and humans. The humans declared war for the goblins' godlessness, the goblins sent a couple thousand troops to attack 69 humans. The goblins were lead by an elf who was killed by "Nitho Robusthale the Guilty Shower of Immortality," who -----. The goblins' total casualties: 125. Only nine humans survived.  The goblins then attacked and sacked an unguarded human settlement before sending another couple thousand goblins to kill 65 humans, of whom nine escaped, with 750 casualties. The next month, the humans sent two peace agreements to the goblins, who accepted the second. This was the end of war...
The most recent non-tomb structure was a temple to a dwarven god of wealth and jewels, built in 406. Things have been built since then--ignoring tombs, a fortress was erected in 452, the first new site in a while; another fortress in 805 by the same civ; and a dwarf-founded tower in 1,084. The last tomb was built in 2,412, and houses the human civilization's law-giver of five years, whose mother held that position for less than a year. Civilization is crumbling at last...

And kobolds will rebuild it.

Everyone want the same 'bolds?
Sig

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 19, 2012, 11:16:40 pm »

Yep.
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 19, 2012, 11:39:38 pm »

Well, here's a neat tidbit: The settlements left in the world. I'm assuming all entities are playable in Adventure Mode in KC?

The remaining human empire is down to a tomb and a fortress to the northwest, plus perhaps some towns or hamlets hidden in their areas.
Dwarves are reduced to a single Mountainhome in the far south, seemingly on a volcano in evil mountains.
Elves are the best off, with two nations and at least a dozen forest retreats.
Kobolds and goblins? Seemingly extinct.

Intrigued, I head back to Legends to export some stuff. Sadly, I forgot which button let's me look at populations. Help?
Sig

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 19, 2012, 11:43:16 pm »

Huh, the one button does multiple things.
There are 419 dwarves, 1,057 humans, 11,739 elves, 34,828 goblins, and...81 kobolds. Huh.
Sig

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 19, 2012, 11:47:28 pm »

Yep.  The goblin are totally extinct. 
We're going to have to be very careful with the 'bolds.  After a few migrant waves, we're going to have to substain our population almost entirely on pups. 
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 20, 2012, 04:48:20 am »

Same bold please.
This is a blank sig.

Pitchblende

• Bay Watcher
  • Ne cede malis
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 20, 2012, 01:54:24 pm »

I'll take the same bold.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 20, 2012, 01:56:17 pm »

Same bold as well.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 20, 2012, 02:03:02 pm »

Yep.  The goblin are totally extinct.
Either goblins are not playable by adventurers, or those goblins are citizens of human or elven civs.

Let's see...Lightning, Monkey, Pitchblende, Elf, Corai, and me makes six, throw in a nut case and that's seven. I'll start soon.
Sig
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5