Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: My Trade Depot Is Screwed I Think  (Read 597 times)

Mr. Dwarfinton

• Bay Watcher
  • This space has been left blank by the user.
    • View Profile
My Trade Depot Is Screwed I Think
« on: October 10, 2012, 05:26:32 pm »

Since my farmers are lazy bastards and they won't plant seeds I've been waiting for a caravan to arrive so I can grab some wine or whatever. The problem is that I can only move wood, stone and fish to the trade depot. Am I doing something wrong or is my game just bugged?

Bigheaded

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: My Trade Depot Is Screwed I Think
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2012, 05:30:50 pm »

Since my farmers are lazy bastards and they won't plant seeds I've been waiting for a caravan to arrive so I can grab some wine or whatever. The problem is that I can only move wood, stone and fish to the trade depot. Am I doing something wrong or is my game just bugged?

a great deal of items that show up under "all" do not show up under specific headings.
Dear Urist McStockpileDrone
I just found a barrel which contained a wheelbarrow. Inside the wheelbarrow was another barrel. I don't even understand how that is possible.

Mr. Dwarfinton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2012, 05:32:02 pm »

I already checked that. Just wood, stone and a fish.

e: I just checked what they have to sell and they have no alcohol. Can dwarves survive on ostrich blood?
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 05:35:05 pm by Mr. Dwarfinton »

Bigheaded

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2012, 05:45:35 pm »

I already checked that. Just wood, stone and a fish.

e: I just checked what they have to sell and they have no alcohol. Can dwarves survive on ostrich blood?

have you literally no water at all including murky ponds? as screw pumps whilst sounding complex and requiring 3 different parts, are ridiculously easy to use and change murky water into clean water. And ridiculously fast.

Save file? i can have a look if still bemused. Or you can wait if someone has an ingenious idea. Can also see why you have such lazy farmers.

Only other thing i can think of, is that all other materials are inaccessible to the depot, i.e you have locked doors leading into your fortress. The only items accessible to the depot being wood/stone + fish. Sounds quite likely.

Sounds like you do have water if you have a fish, i suggest you make a screwpump and a ~3x3 hole for it to go into, get it to 3/7 to 7/7 deepness so it doesn't all evaporate and you have water.
Dear Urist McStockpileDrone
I just found a barrel which contained a wheelbarrow. Inside the wheelbarrow was another barrel. I don't even understand how that is possible.

Mr. Dwarfinton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2012, 05:49:27 pm »

I'm having a bridge built over a channel which is on the only path to the fort, could that be why?

e: I feel silly. The bridge finished and people flooded out to grab water. I can also trade everything I have.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 05:53:10 pm by Mr. Dwarfinton »