Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: No Words  (Read 3136 times)

Pastabilities

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
No Words
« on: October 08, 2012, 06:15:29 pm »

I don't really need any.

Proceed with jokes/fortress design ideas.

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
  • UristMcSoldier is an enemy of the Twinkling Incest
    • View Profile
Re: No Words
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2012, 06:16:44 pm »

Never in the history of dwarf fortress has there been a fortress in more dire need of a mega-construction.
ive gotten in the habit of replacing my chief medical dwarf as soon as he gains any notable skill in diagnosis.
It's really funny watching them do unnecessary surgery because of a wrong diagnosis.
the conditions were bad enough to turn a dwarf who didn't care about anything mad, that's pretty hardcore.

thiosk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2012, 07:48:35 pm »

Community.

Fort.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2012, 08:02:21 pm »

Bone-ring.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
  • UristMcSoldier is an enemy of the Twinkling Incest
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2012, 08:20:49 pm »

ive gotten in the habit of replacing my chief medical dwarf as soon as he gains any notable skill in diagnosis.
It's really funny watching them do unnecessary surgery because of a wrong diagnosis.
the conditions were bad enough to turn a dwarf who didn't care about anything mad, that's pretty hardcore.

Mageziya

• Bay Watcher
  • OH NO, EVERYTHING'S DEAD!
    • View Profile
    • Derp
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2012, 08:22:23 pm »

Every dwarf, every dwarven man, women, and child, that comes to our forts will die there; it's truly sad when you think about it. And we ask our selves, why? Why do we push forward, knowing this fate, that we are destined for failure? Because, this game grasps the concept of mortality. Some games you can never lose, but we all stop eventually, causing a 'death' to those game's 'worlds'. Dwarf Fortress gives us a definite end, knowing that we will leave that world eventually, and move on to more.

VNdoug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2012, 08:29:47 pm »

Strike the Earth with your mighty bonering!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2012, 09:00:55 pm »

Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

chaosgear

• Bay Watcher
  • Pants-on-head retarded
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2012, 09:02:12 pm »

A giant halo made entirely of bone wrapped around a massive spire.

Make sure you can destroy it all with a single lever.
I always seem to end up with a magnificent burial complex and nowhere near enough bodies to fill it, or far too many bodies and nowhere to put any of them.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2012, 10:40:09 pm »

Laugh at your bonering, will they? You'll show them! Make them worry about the bonering you're reading for them!

Yeah, it kinda is. Look up the Dwarvish.
Yeah, but this is funnier because of the way the letters in the English translation can be grouped, especially if the name was indeed randomly generated.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2012, 11:38:30 pm »

Giant Magma spewign Phallus?
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

thiosk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2012, 02:30:20 am »

This is the story of the dwarven fortress bonering, founded in 69 by The First Wives.  The fortress is protruding.  It is encrusted with steel rings.  On it is an image of ribs in rubber wood.  The ribs are for her pleasure.

darklord92

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SERGALNORTH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2012, 03:00:43 am »

Laugh at your bonering, will they? You'll show them! Make them worry about the bonering you're reading for them!

Yeah, it kinda is. Look up the Dwarvish.
Yeah, but this is funnier because of the way the letters in the English translation can be grouped, especially if the name was indeed randomly generated.

I've had barbarity of bitches and... the impervious square anuses before in modded raws. Needless to say the second one was the last straw I decided to cull those from the files of my mod.

I'm in on this if it goes community. I smell a massively horrible thread equaling at least 1 / 10th of the mermaid bone thread.
Form walking potato man out of corpse. Absorb anyone else in the house.
We have a successful derail.
The Vilous Mod - Jingle berries!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Sig
Pages: [1] 2