Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Historical Figure ID (Legends mode)  (Read 705 times)

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
Historical Figure ID (Legends mode)
« on: October 07, 2012, 09:37:37 pm »

Could there perhaps be a numerical notation that is independently consistent with all historical figures, so it is (situationally) easier to keep track of them? This could be namely used in the case where we end up with two people with the exact same names, keeping track of utterances names, or when numbers seem to be easier remember. Could be handled in legends something like "Urist McSomethingorother (H:0000021)" or something of the like. A particularly large number for sure.
Albeit, maybe have it a toggleable view could be a possibility maybe? I can understand some people finding the life of their world being somewhat devalued when they see every individual notated by a number.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Historical Figure ID (Legends mode)
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2012, 10:26:19 pm »

What good would this do?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2012, 10:52:56 pm »

To make it easier to keep track of and search for individual entities? As well as keeping track of entities which have duplicate, similar, or nonsense names as well.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2012, 06:33:24 am »

How would an artificial ID number be better than, say, improving the Legends mode interface?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Trif

• Bay Watcher
  • the Not-Quite-So-Great-as-Toady One
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2012, 01:35:09 pm »

I doubt that this will happen, for the same reason why there aren't any level 8 miners with 20 strength points. To the player, a creature isn't supposed to be a number but a personality.
And for the modders, the XML dump already has distinctive IDs.
Quote from: Toady One
I wonder if the game has become odd.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2012, 01:39:33 pm »

How would an artificial ID number be better than, say, improving the Legends mode interface?
Well, I'm just saying that is one of the (hopefully toggleable) options to improve it.