Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 18

Author Topic: Apprentices to a Master of Magic  (Read 14967 times)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
Re: Apprentices to a Master of Magic
« Reply #120 on: October 30, 2012, 03:12:51 am »

Continue working on incorporeal manifestation, then see if I can do anything for the Mistress.

Evil Marahadja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 30, 2012, 04:18:23 am »

As it is now, does the person realise that they are under the influence of muddle senses if I use it?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 30, 2012, 02:08:06 pm »

((Oooooooh. Would there be any advantages to, say, a child or a slave as an agent?

Also, what servants does Lady Zirae have? I know rangers, slaves, and blacksmiths, and presumably she has at least the marginal loyalty of some peasants or something, but what else?))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 30, 2012, 03:29:38 pm »

"My Lady Zirae, I have a plan to further your grasp. If we can plant a object on one of the foolish nobles that oppose you, my divination can teach us much about their plans. I think it would be made all the sweeter if this was accomplished by giving it to him as a supposed 'gift' instead of by subterfuge".
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 30, 2012, 04:46:58 pm »

As it is now, does the person realise that they are under the influence of muddle senses if I use it?
Sorta. They'll notice the loss of senses, but will likely think they're just tired if they don't know about the spells existence. Important guards would probably call for a replacement.

((Oooooooh. Would there be any advantages to, say, a child or a slave as an agent?
I don't know what you're planning, but probably not.

Also, what servants does Lady Zirae have? I know rangers, slaves, and blacksmiths, and presumably she has at least the marginal loyalty of some peasants or something, but what else?))
Guards. As-yet undefined regulars-in-training you could take your pick from. A few priests (Faster initial magic training, starts with a bit of internal mana storage, though not as much as a player or a dedicated foreign monk). Spies. Rulership over almost half of whatever other populace exists in a subterranean town in an icy wasteland. Nobles don't have any skills useful to you, so don't try. You could pick any race, and I'll roll to see if there's one of the desired skill.

"My Lady Zirae, I have a plan to further your grasp. If we can plant a object on one of the foolish nobles that oppose you, my divination can teach us much about their plans. I think it would be made all the sweeter if this was accomplished by giving it to him as a supposed 'gift' instead of by subterfuge".
"Good, I'll leave the specifics to you; you'll have access to those minions you deem necessary. Remember that any 'gifts' will be suspect, but the payoff for success could be worth it. If you prefer a safer path, I suggest overindulging in wine and encouraging the troops with talk of a 'new weapon.'" Lady Zirae believes that there are always spies. "It would be trivial to let them steal it. Of course, the Tivoryns might then hide it somewhere useless."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 30, 2012, 05:40:50 pm »

Continue learning about weapons. Acquire a ranger agent. Preferably handsome-looking lizardman. What?
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Evil Marahadja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 31, 2012, 05:12:29 pm »

Now that I have improved both my muddlesenses skill, and my sneaking. Try once again to train with the rangers or guards in the art of sneaking. Using my muddle senses spell as I see fit.

Oh, and speciality.
The victim have a harder time realising that there senses has bean hampered with. Just like it's hard to realise that your dreaming even though the dream is very different from reality.

« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 01:50:32 am by Evil Marahadja »

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 31, 2012, 07:31:51 pm »

If anyone would like a player agent, i am perfectly willing to roleplay a subservient character. ^^

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 31, 2012, 07:45:07 pm »

I'll take you if the GM is ok with it mate, what kind of thing do you want to do in the game?
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 07:48:19 pm by mesor »

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 31, 2012, 07:48:36 pm »

Sure, once Lady Zirae likes you enough.

Evil Marahadja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 01, 2012, 08:30:52 am »

Btw. Thumbs up for the GM. Cool game!

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 03, 2012, 03:57:01 pm »

Still waiting on Lemon10's turn.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: November 04, 2012, 06:56:05 pm »

Lady Zirae should have him flogged for this sloth.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: November 04, 2012, 07:03:12 pm »

Especially as he keeps bumping Vanigo's empire game :P

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: November 04, 2012, 09:52:36 pm »

Oh no, everyone is catching on to my hypocrisy and laziness.  :P

Contact one of the nobles in the conspiracy (attempting to avoid the most and least powerful nobles), and offer to spy for him.
Give this as my rationale:
"I have studied under lady Zirae for many years, and as she gains more powerful she becomes more and more ruthless, she must be stopped while she is still weak."

Study Divination Focus in my spare time
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 18