Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: May not be perfect for dwarf mode discussion but: (AKA I was a pansy elf)  (Read 1220 times)

parlor_tricks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://noyb

I have a confession to make.

In the interests of a mega project I chose a place away from necromancer towers. I also turned invaders off.

Then mid progress - I realized I had a possible set up for an epic survival horror adventure mode scenario.

And then realized I had no necromancers.

Someone give me hope that they will siege me. If not, is there anyway to mod them /df hack them in?

I'm going to be using the complex method of switching from dorf mode to adventure mode using df hack anyway, so I'm open to malarchy. Any suggestions?
« Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 05:09:24 am by parlor_tricks »

saltmummy626

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Lich of Gulgatha
    • View Profile

im sorry to say, they will not siege you. not only are you too far away from them as you said, you also turned invaders off. so no sieges can occur. because your world has already been generated, you can't mod them into your current fort to attack you either. you might be able to figure something out with DFhack, but might not be whay you want.
All is silence. The road is straight, without turning, in darkness. Now let there be an end to all things.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

you also turned invaders off. so no sieges can occur.

If you only turned off invaders using the .init, all you have to do is put INVADERS:YES and you're done.

thiosk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I actually didn't know how to place an embark based on towers, so now I don't have one either.

Sad face

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile

I actually didn't know how to place an embark based on towers, so now I don't have one either.

Sad face
Not ON, Nearby. using DFhack you could still put it on, but you'd probably get owned before you're ready so.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Sad face
Not ON, Nearby. using DFhack you could still put it on, but you'd probably get owned before you're ready so.
Actually all you'd have to do is lock the front door. Suddenly, box full of zombies.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

That's assuming none of the zombies are standing on the door upon embark...
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

thiosk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I certainly meant nearby.  Please post if anyone can figure out how to trigger an undead siege via dfhack.

Shininglight

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi There
    • View Profile

I had fun with a necro tower, locked the doors with all but two zombies inside, killed the others with my miners then collapsed the tower.... twas AWESOME.
tl;dr: My fortress is literally powered by puppy skulls.