Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 19

Author Topic: Best and Worst of: Chairs  (Read 13362 times)

Jervill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Best and Worst of: Soft Drinks
« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2012, 02:24:49 am »

I can't stand Mountain Dew.  Root beer is my favorite, but I also like the colas.  Pepsi/Coke goes good with rum and 7-Up/Sprite goes good with whiskey or as a replacement for tonic water in mixed drinks on occasion.

rhesusmacabre

• Bay Watcher
  • UNDEAD-CANNOT BE ATTACKED
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2012, 03:06:56 am »

I usually just have tap water these days, but when I had soft drinks regularly my favourite was dandelion and burdock (no particular brand). I also quite liked cream soda and Irn-Bru.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 06, 2012, 03:10:14 am »

Vanilla coke/iced tea for best. Root beer/club soda for worst
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Best and Worst of: Legend of Zelda
« Reply #33 on: October 06, 2012, 03:15:58 am »

Next!

The best Zelda game is Majora's Mask. There's an absolutely massive amount of things to do even for a Zelda game, the time system ensures that you have to be on the ball to complete quests, the masks are fun, there's symbolism everywhere, and this game is fucking dark. We're talking about a game where the main plot is about the end of the world, perpetrated by a being that exists to cause suffering.

Second best is Wind Waker. Yeah, yeah, heresy, but I liked the art style. It was very distinctive. Indeed, the whole game is distinctive and has a very memorable flavor for all the areas. Some of the best music as well.

Third best is Ocarina of Time, which I'm sure will be seen as additional heresy for being all the way down here. Still an amazing classic regardless, but Wind Waker and Majora's Mask are just plain better.

Fourth is A Link To The Past, which is more or less 2D Ocarina of Time. Fifth is Twilight Princess, Sixth is Minish Cap, and in last place is Zelda II. Just did not care much for it.

(Note that topics will be switched at random and are dependent upon my arbitrary thoughts.)
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 06, 2012, 03:22:17 am »

Hmmm best and worst Zelda hmmm.

Worst: Zelda's Quest for the CDI... Imagine Blood Omen except absolutely dreadful in everyway. That is pretty much what it is.

Best: For the classic styles it is Link to the Past which pretty much set the basis for which all the classic style Zelda games will be judged. For the best of the new Zeldas I have no idea.

But honestly it probably doesn't have a best just yet. The New Zeldas hasn't hit its all time high just yet. Wind Waker was pretty close but was bogged down by lousy mechanics.

in last place is Zelda II

Honestly Zelda II is so interested because for such a disliked game it REALLY was the creation of so many of the staples we see today.

Honestly you want to see where the inspiration for Ocarina of time came from? Play Zelda II and ignore the others.

ISP

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 06, 2012, 03:24:50 am »

I agree... of what I've played of them, that order seems fine.

Cameos in smashbros not applicable, not true loz games.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 06, 2012, 03:31:13 am »

I gotta say Ocarina of Time was my favorite. Majora's Mask may have had an excellent and dark storyline, but OoT was the one who inspired all those game mechanics and technologies that made MM possible. Hell, even modern, non-LoZ games use similar mechanics.
Second favorite is Oracle of Seasons. It was "my" first LoZ game, and I loved all the different items and quests you could go on. Not to mention Subrosia. That place was awesome.

I agree with those who disliked Zelda II though. I didn't hate it or anything, it just didn't feel so great.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 06, 2012, 03:51:58 am »

Zelda II was my first Zelda, so it has a special place in my heart  :o  It's very, very different from the rest of the series.  I honestly still enjoy it, the idea that Link focused more on using magic, acrobatics, blocking, and leveling up is unique in the series.  I never played Zelda I, and I couldn't get into Link to the Past much, honestly.  Majora's Mask... definitely my favorite :3

My least favorite is Skyward Sword.  They reused multiple areas at least three times each, the sky area was painfully lacking in content, the ground area badly lacked exploration, the writing was awful, the story was awful, the characters were awful, and every connection to the other games was botched every time.  The only part I was genuinely impressed with Skyward Sword was the desert sea area, despite a serious logical flaw involved in that too.  The game is a mess.  Consequently, I did a review on SS a while back.  Check it out for full details :)  Includes spoilers.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 06, 2012, 04:08:38 am »

Kinda sad though that Zelda II never caught on even in a small way.

It had a neat idea if it pulled it off.

Meansdarling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 06, 2012, 04:30:40 am »

I really enjoyed the one with the sailing.

Windwaker! That was it.

The style of it was awesome, though sailing got boring and the world was too empty.
Everything was so pretty I could get lost there and just enjoy the music and scenery.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 06, 2012, 04:51:58 am »

I remember that it used to annoy me that windwaker was "Kiddy" in terms of art style. I used to be a big fan of Zelda games, but that was when we would play the zelda games as a family, it was one of the only video games my mother would play (That and mario games). Now that my mother has passed, I dont really care for mario or zelda games. Twilight Princess and Link to the past were probably my favourites though
« Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 04:55:11 am by Kedly »
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Peewee

• Bay Watcher
  • Watcher Of Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 06, 2012, 05:40:52 am »

No love for Link's Awakening? Maybe I'm just seeing it through nostalgia goggles (beat it when I was 10), but that was definitely my favorite.
Worst: Phantom Hourglass
« Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 05:45:44 am by Peewee »

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 06, 2012, 06:15:39 am »

Yeah, Link's Awakening is the clear winner for me, if only for nostalgia.

Worst is Spirit Tracks.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Valid_Dark

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wont let me Dream, I wont let you sleep.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 06, 2012, 06:45:55 am »

OoT > Twilight Princess> Links Awakening > Windwaker > Majoras Mask > Phantom Hourglass > 4 swords > Oracle of ages/seasons > The Legend of Zelda > Minish Cap > Spirit Tracks.            and those are the only ones I've played.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 06:47:55 am by Valid_Dark »
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't

My milkshake brings all the criminals to justice.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 06, 2012, 10:15:51 am »

Ashamed to say that i never actually played legend of zelda except for fourswords anniversary edition.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 19