Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 91

Author Topic: Stardew Valley - Harvest Moon type game for PC  (Read 441362 times)

variablenonsense

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stardew Valley - Harvest Moon type game for PC
« Reply #555 on: March 01, 2016, 05:05:55 pm »

I was under the impression all of the rod unlocks were based on your fishing skill.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

If you need to level though, try the pond SW of the farm. There's only smallmouth bass there and they're very easy to catch.
Call me Vari. It's easier to type.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: March 01, 2016, 05:09:43 pm »

I was under the impression all of the rod unlocks were based on your fishing skill.

If you need to level though, try the pond SW of the farm. There's only smallmouth bass there and they're very easy to catch.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: March 01, 2016, 06:29:39 pm »

My 2c on fishing are that it's pretty fun but I can see why some people would hate it, particularly some of the fish which are really tricky to catch. Catfish, Tuna, Pufferfish, Squid. Lot of tricksy fish that jump around.

That said, I'm glad the dev made something fun and interactive for fishing instead of staring at a screen for 10 minutes and just waiting for the ! then you have a fish.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: March 01, 2016, 07:43:13 pm »

Finally made it down past level 40 of the mines. I noticed that starting from 40, the room layout of each level is the same as it was starting from level 1, just a different color palette. I also found a ton of iron ore and a Forest Sword down there. Squee.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

JumpingJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: March 01, 2016, 08:28:08 pm »

Finally made it down past level 40 of the mines. I noticed that starting from 40, the room layout of each level is the same as it was starting from level 1, just a different color palette. I also found a ton of iron ore and a Forest Sword down there. Squee.
Huh, I thought they were starting to look familiar. And a Forest Sword? Good on you, all I've found in the dropped weapons department is a surprisingly useful club and a surprisingly useless dagger.

On another note, I've been looking forward to this game for awhile. I'm pleased to say that the only real disappointment I've had is when I realized that non-hardwood fences deteriorate. Also the lack of really compelling waifus, but that may just be my pickiness.
I'M NOT HERE TO CHAT, I'M HERE TO DANCE OVER YOUR DEFEAT.
Imagine how much more exciting the dinosaur exhibits would be if we had necromancers.
Sigtext

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: March 01, 2016, 08:33:33 pm »

What I dislike about fishing since HM is finding the right conditions to find a certain fish to unlock something before the game-end time limit. That's why I spoiled myself the final fishes for the bundles..I was wasting whole days fishing with the Iridium Rod and still wouldn't get what I need.
I think one of the Lost Books should at least mention the conditions for the bundle fishes..there's plenty of other secret/conditional/legendary fishes there, no need to force people to keep trying to find the ones for the unlocks.

And about tool unlocks, you guys are right, my bad. It must depend on skill, and I took a long while to get 5-6 since I focused more on the mining/combat part, that's why I only got it on winter.

The game changed for me now. With like 17 6x6 sprinkled fields, it means I'm planting 10 times more stuff I used to plant the last year.
I have goats now, and they already destroyed my grass..so I guess I'm gonna make my Coop/Silo/Barn enclosures into one and make a huge grass field because I'm missing precious tiles by keeping them separate.  :P
The wife is also cute/funny some times. For some reason, my whole house changed its flooring to a single weird one after she moved in..but I think this was already reported.

I also have a RL friend who was playing a pirated copy of the game. He's a great guy struggling with all sort of things so he couldn't buy the game..and HM was a huge part of his childhood like it was for me, so I just gifted the game to him and he was surprised. I invited him to talk via mic while playing and it would be great if the game had multiplayer, ha!
I hope I got at least 3 hearts from that action and the cutscene better be funny. No, wait..
end of cringepost

Also the lack of really compelling waifus, but that may just be my pickiness.
That's why I married George. Evelyn just don't understand him.
As a male, you have so many great options when compared to the female options. You have a dancer/artistic/DIY, you have a gamer/dark/adventurer, a sculptor/artist/designer, a scientist/inventor/astronomer, and that's just 4 of them.  :P
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: March 01, 2016, 08:42:29 pm »

I'm suffering from lack of material for the 8 tile sprinkler. That one is not proving to be easy and I'm not up to recycling junk into it yet.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 09:17:59 pm by BigD145 »

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: March 01, 2016, 08:50:52 pm »

Who wants a Melon!?!?!?

Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

JumpingJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: March 01, 2016, 08:58:43 pm »

You have a dancer/artistic/DIY, you have a gamer/dark/adventurer, a sculptor/artist/designer, a scientist/inventor/astronomer, and that's just 4 of them.  :P
Well, when you put it that- Hold the phone; Abigail's a gamer?  :o

Who wants a Melon!?!?!?
snip
I'm not quite sure what I'm looking at, but I'd be willing to bet that it would be the one doing the eating. And probably singing as well.
I'M NOT HERE TO CHAT, I'M HERE TO DANCE OVER YOUR DEFEAT.
Imagine how much more exciting the dinosaur exhibits would be if we had necromancers.
Sigtext

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: March 01, 2016, 09:11:02 pm »

You have a dancer/artistic/DIY, you have a gamer/dark/adventurer, a sculptor/artist/designer, a scientist/inventor/astronomer, and that's just 4 of them.  :P
Well, when you put it that- Hold the phone; Abigail's a gamer?  :o

Spoiler: Yup (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: EDIT: New lulz (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 09:24:11 pm by Akura »
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

variablenonsense

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: March 01, 2016, 10:07:30 pm »

As a male, you have so many great options when compared to the female options. You have a dancer/artistic/DIY, you have a gamer/dark/adventurer, a sculptor/artist/designer, a scientist/inventor/astronomer, and that's just 4 of them.  :P

Just going to mention, it's not really 'as a male,' which I'm thankful for.  :P Kudos to the dev for letting us marry whoever we want.

At first I didn't like the bachelor choices, but they're growing on me, oddly enough. Except Mr-70s-mustache. I don't know what CA was thinking there.

Though honestly, I like all the characters so far. I haven't been going all out to raise hearts super fast (just making sure to talk to most people once or twice a week), but they're cute anyway.

Except Sebastian. Damn it emo kid get out of your room and love me!

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: March 01, 2016, 11:12:24 pm »

Ugh... Playing Game within Game caused a crash...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: March 01, 2016, 11:13:44 pm »

You can date females as a female character, I know, I'm playing a female and I'm dating Penny. 9/10 hearts people, 9/10!

Edit: Reached 10 hearts, and soon afterwards she asked me to come to the bath house after dark. O_o
Weiiiiiiiiird...... We will see...
« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 12:04:21 am by DigitalDemon »
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: March 01, 2016, 11:48:58 pm »

At first I didn't like the bachelor choices, but they're growing on me, oddly enough. Except Mr-70s-mustache. I don't know what CA was thinking there.

If you want to change it I resprited him without the moustache:

http://imgur.com/a/TOuVw

https://mega.nz/#!6IYhDKIb!UVcXgYw4NwJUl44QuzodDqKLFBFTFeq2PJxJsYOg70U

If you want it, just copy and past the file inside your Stardew Valley portraits folder, which should be Stardew Valley\Content\Portraits and make sure to back up the old one! I've been playing with it for the last couple days and I've had no issues in the few times I've talked to Harvey.

variablenonsense

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: March 02, 2016, 12:01:13 am »

If you want to change it I resprited him without the moustache:

http://imgur.com/a/TOuVw

https://mega.nz/#!6IYhDKIb!UVcXgYw4NwJUl44QuzodDqKLFBFTFeq2PJxJsYOg70U

If you want it, just copy and past the file inside your Stardew Valley portraits folder, which should be Stardew Valley\Content\Portraits and make sure to back up the old one! I've been playing with it for the last couple days and I've had no issues in the few times I've talked to Harvey.

Oh my god what a difference a shave makes!  :P That brings him from dead last to "crap should I choose Harvey or Sebastian" territory.

Thanks so much, I didn't think to just mod his portrait like that. Not that I'm good at spriting anyway...
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 91