Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 91

Author Topic: Stardew Valley - Harvest Moon type game for PC  (Read 441396 times)

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stardew Valley - Harvest Moon type game for PC
« Reply #525 on: February 29, 2016, 06:21:58 pm »

My crashes are happening in winter as well, though I haven't been going into the mines. I'm going through withdrawals already since I can't progress any further.  :P

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: February 29, 2016, 06:32:20 pm »

Yeah, just in 5 minutes after the dev replied about it on twitter, lots of other people weighed in. It's seems to be "if you go outside during winter, game might crash on save".
Thankfully I didn't win the goddamned Journey of the Prairie King mini-game of hell. Can you imagine it crashing after you finish that? I can't go past the third level hahaha

EDIT: Dev has uploaded a fix, no patch notes yet, but I haven't crashed in a while.  :D
« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 10:43:55 pm by Gabeux »
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: February 29, 2016, 11:37:22 pm »

Not sure about seasons, but fertilizer will vanish if you don't plant anything on it in a few days. The tilled soil will also go back to normal sometimes.
And I was too lazy to do the Quality Crops bundle...and the Fishing Tank one too...but now I regret it. Only will be able to finish these on second year.

Yeah, I gave up on getting half the fish in the first year when I ran into the dual roadblocks that are the Catfish and Pufferfish before the Iridum Rod and tackle become available, and I only barely skated through on the very last day of Summer when they did unlock with that tackle that slows down the rate of loss.  Fertilizer was mostly easy because I had sap coming out of my ears from all the trees I had to clear.  I'm mostly racing because it seems like the big check in this game is after the second year instead of halfway through the third year, judging by what I've heard and the big ol' warning on the grandfather's grave.  Unfortunately, for me it's going to be the animal packages that get pushed back because of my heavy focus on crops, which might hurt if I can't get their friendships up in time.
Who gets buried with the "I shall return in two years" line, though? That's totally not creepy at all, especially since I'm pretty sure it's been a few years between his death and when you finally heed the call to Arcadia.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: February 29, 2016, 11:54:50 pm »

Considering that there are mystical elements in the game (the whatsemcalleds inside the community center) it's possible that some of that stuff will come in to play after the second year. I bet there are people who have already 'beat' the game who can say for sure... but I'm not rushing through it.

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: March 01, 2016, 02:01:05 am »

After a long winter filled with nighmares of days repeating themselves, and forced to endure the cold without his waifu, the farmboy went through the last season of the first year slaying monsters and ores, while throwing gifts at passers-by with no fear.
Chests filled with ingots and minerals of all sizes, the farmer eventually rushes to his workbench to draw a plan.
With the necessary tools and with new gadgets in hand, he sets off to prepare for the spring - perturbed by the sight of his future-self spending hours watering the fields.
He points the sword to the horizon as the sun sets, as if the sun would care for his petty ambitions.
Confirmed: No more crashes when sleeping on winter.
Brotip: You can't marry during the winter.
Evident: I can't write fluff. I can't write.

Spoiler: Image (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 02:03:24 am by Gabeux »
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: March 01, 2016, 02:06:27 am »

So I have an Ancient Seed. (The plantable kind)
What is the deal with these???

How do I plant them???
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

variablenonsense

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: March 01, 2016, 02:44:53 am »

So I have an Ancient Seed. (The plantable kind)
What is the deal with these???

How do I plant them???

You mean the blue seed packet, yeah?

Just plant it like any other plant. It'll grow slowly but it does grow. Put it near a scarecrow so nothing eats it and ticks you off.
Call me Vari. It's easier to type.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: March 01, 2016, 05:14:21 am »

Hey, how far apart must the Fruit Trees be, I know its the 3x3 but does that mean they can overlap those 3x3???

Code: [Select]
This?   Or This?
[][][]     [][][]     
[]FT[]     []FT[]
[][][]     [][][]
[]FT[]     [][][]
[][][]     []FT[]
           [][][]

I ask cause HM and such, lock the distance due to how things work in their game...

EDIT: So, my GF is playing too. She sent me this link of her plots...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Cute set up huh. But then she sent me this...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Wait, when could Rocks spawn???
« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 05:59:44 am by Neyvn »
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: March 01, 2016, 06:47:27 am »

Wait, when could Rocks spawn???

I believe it is the work of the spirits the fortuneteller warns you about. :v
Or that's what I choose to believe as it makes most sense.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: March 01, 2016, 08:45:01 am »

Yeah, I gave up on getting half the fish in the first year when I ran into the dual roadblocks that are the Catfish and Pufferfish...

If you're lucky, the traveling cart might have these. As expensive as some of her stuff is, I think the pufferfish I bought was only around 400g.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: March 01, 2016, 10:04:50 am »

Hey, how far apart must the Fruit Trees be, I know its the 3x3 but does that mean they can overlap those 3x3???

Code: [Select]
This?   Or This?
[][][]     [][][]     
[]FT[]     []FT[]
[][][]     [][][]
[]FT[]     [][][]
[][][]     []FT[]
           [][][]
I think it's the latter.  At least, my fruit trees could only be placed on a wide array; it gave me a "cannot place here" issue when I tried to plant them using the former, so I'm guessing they cannot overlap.

Yeah, I gave up on getting half the fish in the first year when I ran into the dual roadblocks that are the Catfish and Pufferfish...

If you're lucky, the traveling cart might have these. As expensive as some of her stuff is, I think the pufferfish I bought was only around 400g.
Thanks for the heads-up.  I already picked up some of my bundle materials from her, but I definitely keep a weather eye out.  Even if it were ten times that, it's easier for me to make some extra dosh than struggle through the fishing minigame.

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: March 01, 2016, 10:51:24 am »

Did you figure out what was making the game crash? Or did it just resolve itself? I'm still stuck on the second day of winter. Every time the game updates I try it out again but no dice yet.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: March 01, 2016, 10:53:25 am »

Still haven't got the game, but watching a few videos... man, that fishing minigame. It caused hella Breath of Fire flashbacks. Pretty sure the general system is used in several different games, but goddamn if I don't associate it most strongly with BoF. Pretty sure it was one of the PSX ones that used pretty close to that exact system -- only apparent difference is that SV doesn't have the fish shadows to land the hook on/near.

So, spoil me, here. Is... is there a merchant you can fish up?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: March 01, 2016, 11:49:54 am »

No.

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: March 01, 2016, 12:04:48 pm »

Did you figure out what was making the game crash? Or did it just resolve itself? I'm still stuck on the second day of winter. Every time the game updates I try it out again but no dice yet.

Nope. The dev uploaded the 'silent fix' and it stopped crashing.
Have you tried verifying integrity on Steam, or running in Admin Mode?
Even if you try that, I think it's worth it checking your error logs folder (/Roaming/StardewValley/ErrorLogs) and comparing it to recent crash reports, so you can weigh in or report it.
I'm not on PC ATM, but the error I had was "Object reference is not set for instance of an object" or something similar, and it shouldn't happen anymore.

I remember a user had an issue where every time he went to sleep with a certain item on his inventory, the game would crash. So he would put his stuff in a chest and sleep, and it seemed to be a workaround. Just in case you're bruteforce through it. :P
« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 12:41:56 pm by Gabeux »
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 91