Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10

Author Topic: Tournament Unlimited: The Finals  (Read 8063 times)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
Re: Tournament Unlimited Round 1
« Reply #90 on: October 23, 2012, 01:23:44 am »

Yeah!

Fireiy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 23, 2012, 02:04:00 am »

Still interested. Still don't know the mechanics of it...

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 23, 2012, 04:18:44 am »

I'll take my try at contest where I know the contestants:

-spongebob vs xeno:
1-xeno all the way.
2-depend on the audience. If it's young childs, bob. If it's scientists/thrill-searchers, and the xenos is behind STRONG glass, with something inside with it, xenos.
3-Xenos. In Alien's cutscene, xeno is shown using the ship's radio. Plus, it'll survive the crash and rip bob in halves. or board his plane.

-Reynolds vs dread:
1- Dread I guess... depend on either long or short term memory  :-\
2- Reynolds, unless dread can hack something. Five tons of adamantium aren't subtle, but integrated electronics can help.
3- Dread, for capt'n not even knowing what a robot is.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 24, 2012, 03:56:39 am »

Alright, i'm happy to see interest ^^, i'll start posting results and stuff again then.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 24, 2012, 06:44:40 am »

Good. its not quite dead yet.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 24, 2012, 03:38:55 pm »

I'll take my try at contest where I know the contestants:

-spongebob vs xeno:
1-xeno all the way.
2-depend on the audience. If it's young childs, bob. If it's scientists/thrill-searchers, and the xenos is behind STRONG glass, with something inside with it, xenos.
3-Xenos. In Alien's cutscene, xeno is shown using the ship's radio. Plus, it'll survive the crash and rip bob in halves. or board his plane.

-Reynolds vs dread:
1- Dread I guess... depend on either long or short term memory  :-\
2- Reynolds, unless dread can hack something. Five tons of adamantium aren't subtle, but integrated electronics can help.
3- Dread, for capt'n not even knowing what a robot is.

In competition two i'm assuming a wide range of audiences have access to the subject in question, perhaps through television. Pretty sure Spongebob wins there.
You make a good point on three though, a Xeno using a radio gives it the credit of more advanced learning capabilities than i previously thought, while at the same time, Xenomorphs are usually considered nearly mindless. Hrmm.

I guess i'll probably give the memory game to the Dreadnought then, assuming that the minds of these supersoldiers are enhanced too. I will however, give the spying to Mal, he's just a lot more adaptable as a spy. Robotics goes almost unquestionably to Dreadnought.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 24, 2012, 04:31:16 pm »

Xenomorphs are usually considered nearly mindless. Hrmm.
Well, there is several occasion of them showing signs of intelligence. Especially on Alien4, when they sacrifice one of them to purposefully pierce the floor with the acidic blood and escape. Later, one of them plays with the scientist refuged in the cage, activating "punish button" with tongue, and end up frozing him to death. (from what I remember).
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Full Sig

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 25, 2012, 08:51:49 pm »

I am now working on posting the results of round 1 as best i can, some of the competitions are very close to being tossups.

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 26, 2012, 08:37:16 pm »

Bugs Bunny Versus Miles Edgeworth

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Count Dracula Versus Lord Soth

Squirrel Girl Versus Sabre

Gordon Freeman versus Pheonix Wright

Taskmaster versus Black Mage

Spongebob versus Xenomorph

Xanatos versus Naruto:

Captain Malcolm Reynolds versus A Dreadnought

This is my (mostly) final decision, i could theoretically be swayed on one point or another before i post round two, if you're quick about it. As it stands round two will consist of:

Bugs Bunny vs. Dracula

Sabre vs. Pheonix Wright

Taskmaster vs. Xenomorph Soldier

Xanatos vs. A Dreadnought

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 26, 2012, 10:43:56 pm »

Figure i may as well put up competitions now.

Dracula vs. bugs bunny
Lying
Mixed Martial Arts
Urban street racing

Sabre vs Pheonix Wright
Bowling
Being a Mentor
Legal Battle

Taskmaster vs. xenomorph
Sailing
Belly dancing
Asteroid field navigation

Xanatos vs dreadnought
Composing poetry
Arm wrestling
Endurance juggling

Man, this roll was really mean to the Xenomorph XD
« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 11:07:19 pm by Mlamlah »

Fireiy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 27, 2012, 01:11:50 am »

Phoenix Wright I know, Sabre not so much. Bowling, I really don't know about Phoenix. Being a mentor, well he has a apprentice called Apollo. Legal battle. If Phoenix is the defence attorney and his client is actually innocent he would win. If his client was guilty, he would probably not win.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 27, 2012, 02:31:00 am »

...shit the RNG better be on my side. :/

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 27, 2012, 03:33:08 am »

Figure i may as well put up competitions now.

Dracula vs. bugs bunny
Lying
Mixed Martial Arts
Urban street racing

Sabre vs Pheonix Wright
Bowling
Being a Mentor
Legal Battle

Taskmaster vs. xenomorph
Sailing
Belly dancing
Asteroid field navigation

Xanatos vs dreadnought
Composing poetry
Arm wrestling
Endurance juggling

Man, this roll was really mean to the Xenomorph XD
Aye... (By the way, the picture is a xenomorph queen, boasting twice the size of Mr.Dreadnought.)

Rabbit vs Vampire:
1) Dunno... Both are pretty good at it. Maybe Dracula would win for having mesmerizing powers.
2) Modern incarnations of (non sparkling) vampires are ass-kicking badasses, but Lord Dracula is late-dark ages nobility. And Bugs is a cartoon character. I'll say Bugs bunny by default.
3) Bugs, Mr.fangy is never shown driving anything.

Sabre Vs Phoenix Wright
1)Bowling: no idea...
2)Being a mentor: Phoenix wright I guess (but I don't know sabre so...)
3)Legal battle: the LAWYER :D

Taskmaster vs Xenomorph:
3-0 for the guy that can learn anything :( (for the 2, te xenos may not even be anatomically able to do this...)

Xanatos vs Dreadnought:
1) Composing Poetry: Xanatos. (unless it is a Blood Angels dreadnought. This chapter have an unusual longevity and kill time between missions (and strokes of bloodlust) with art. The image IS a blood angels dreadnought by the way...)
2)Arm Wrestling: ... I don't know Xanatos' superpowers, but he has a FIVE TONS WARMACHINE in front of him. If Dready could grin, he'll do.
3)Endurance juggling: Assuming the dreadnought CAN juggle, he wins (for not being able to tire). But it is unlikely he can (with normal balls. Pretty sure he could give a try with orks heads).
Full Sig

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 27, 2012, 03:42:12 am »

Recap:
Sabre is a medieval warrior who's basically an alternate timeline king arthur who was just that little bit less good at king arthuring, she also lacks emotions due to some kind of magic deal thing.

Also, my bad on that picture, it *is* supposed to be a xenomorph soldier, but i guess my priority was a cool picture, i should have been less lazy XD. 

I'm not so sure on the dreadnought front, pretty sure it was supposed to be just a regular dreadnought. For reference, it is equipped with two powerfists a flamer and a stormbolter, if that loadout means it belongs to a specific unit, it will be in that unit for all relevant purposes.

Personally, i don't think that a dreadnought would have the manual dexterity to juggle however, even with power fists it has to be able to effectively catch the objects it throws in the air, and i'm not sure it can effectively do that. i would also like to point out that while it's not terribly relevant in these three competitions, xanatos wears a suit of power armour about half the time.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 03:46:08 am by Mlamlah »

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 27, 2012, 03:55:17 am »

The double-powerfist config is indeed a blood-angels exclusivity (in the figurine game. DoW 1 don't bother). Poetry by dread would probably be some kind of "all hail god-emperor of mankind", gregorian chant/ war cry hybrid.

The dreadnought CAN catch things with a powerfist (usually a greenskin, who is shortly crushed and tossed aside), but yes it probably wont be enough to juggle.

Space marines wear power armour 100% of the time, and a dreadnought is still at least 50% stronger than them.
Full Sig
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10