Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10

Author Topic: Down in the Pits - A Portal 2 RTD - Turn 17 **PLAYERS NEEDED!**  (Read 17605 times)

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
Re: Down in the Pits - A Portal 2 RTD - Turn 16 **PLAYERS NEEDED!**
« Reply #105 on: February 28, 2013, 06:43:38 pm »

Not as bright as me!

Locate sunglasses.
Sorry, sunglassesTM are a registered trademark of Crazy Old Guys Named Joe Ltd. You'll have to purchase a license.
Sue GWG for copyright infringement
([/jk])
I didn't use the trademark, and there are actually laws that prevent that.
How do you know?

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 28, 2013, 09:23:59 pm »

Not as bright as me!

Locate sunglasses.
Sorry, sunglassesTM are a registered trademark of Crazy Old Guys Named Joe Ltd. You'll have to purchase a license.
([/jk])
How do you know?

Because he's a weirdo who's life goal is to find a loophole in every law everywhere ever.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 28, 2013, 10:00:01 pm »

Not as bright as me!

Locate sunglasses.
([/jk])
How do you know?
Because he's a weirdo who's life goal is to find a loophole in every law everywhere ever.
Ah, but we are not dealing with real life, but with the Portal/Half Life univese. And there is no evidence of any laws stating I can't copyright sunglasses mentioned in this game universe. Therefore, because we can not just assume something like that exists, video game logic dictates it does not exist.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 02, 2013, 12:35:31 am »

Not as bright as me!

Locate sunglasses.
([/jk])
How do you know?
Laws to prevent copyrighting things in common use by the time you file the copyright. Like sunglasses.

Not as bright as me!

Locate sunglasses.
([/jk])
How do you know?
Ah, but we are not dealing with real life, but with the Portal/Half Life univese. And there is no evidence of any laws stating I can't copyright sunglasses mentioned in this game universe. Therefore, because we can not just assume something like that exists, video game logic dictates it does not exist.
Aside from the existence of super-science in varying degrees of madness, that universe is essentially our own.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 02, 2013, 05:55:54 am »

Sunglasses aren't in common use. I am the first to use sunglasses in the history of Portal.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 02, 2013, 10:05:19 am »

Sunglasses aren't in common use. I am the first to use sunglasses in the history of Portal.

But portal is supposed to be set in a sort of...post-apocalyptic future. So Sunglasses have been invented. Multiple times. ALTHOUGH, there is a chance that all the copyright laws have been abolished at this point in time.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 02, 2013, 01:08:59 pm »

There's a world outside of Aperture Science in Portal, you know.

But portal is supposed to be set in a sort of...post-apocalyptic future. So Sunglasses have been invented. Multiple times. ALTHOUGH, there is a chance that all the copyright laws have been abolished at this point in time.
What gave you the idea that Portal was postapocalyptic?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 02, 2013, 01:11:06 pm »

The fact that the announcer in Portal 2 states that is IS the future. And that the outside world is probably destroyed. Or ruled by an animal king.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 02, 2013, 02:38:17 pm »

The fact that the announcer in Portal 2 states that is IS the future. And that the outside world is probably destroyed. Or ruled by an animal king.
[/quote]
And what makes you think he's a reliable source of information?
Sig

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 02, 2013, 08:22:13 pm »

Well, he's the only real source of information we have on the matter. So we have to trust him.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 02, 2013, 09:26:32 pm »

Well, he's the only real source of information we have on the matter. So we have to trust him.
Isn't he, you know, an automated system, programmed by people basically guessing about the situation ahead of time? And also an Aperture Science automated system to boot?
Sig

Fireiy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 02, 2013, 09:49:09 pm »

Future seems plausible looking at the wheat field and its probably the combine ruling the world since both games mention each other.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 02, 2013, 09:50:27 pm »

Future seems plausible looking at the wheat field and its probably the combine ruling the world since both games mention each other.
But do the Combine have the proper copyright laws to prevent me copyrighting sunglasses?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 02, 2013, 09:51:14 pm »

I'm not terribly familiar with Half-Life, but don't fields of wheat typically signify...non-apocalypse scenarios?

But do the Combine have the proper copyright laws to prevent me copyrighting sunglasses?
Do they even have copyright?
Sig

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 02, 2013, 09:53:00 pm »

Do they even have copyright?
Of course they do, that's why Gordon Freeman couldn't just pick up any Combine's weapons. They have them copyrighted.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10