Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: CSI Lostrag  (Read 1409 times)

Awessum Possum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
CSI Lostrag
« on: September 25, 2012, 08:21:09 pm »

I have now lost my fourth founder, this one to a vampire.

Does anyone have any tips on vampire hunting? None of my dwarves have sentient trophies and everyone has a nickname. All migrants bar one have living relations and a suitably short list of former homes. Can a non historical migrant be a vampire? Any advice would be appreciated.
because everyone here is OCD and ADHD, and then complain when their dwarfs act similarly in game.
@I used to be an axelord like you, until I took a (+bronze bolt+) to the upper leg, chipping the bone through the *copper leggings*!@

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: CSI Lostrag
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2012, 08:26:57 pm »

Only historical migrants will be vampires.
Is the "bar one" in any way suspicious? Is he nonhistorical?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Awessum Possum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2012, 08:28:48 pm »

Only historical migrants will be vampires.
Is the "bar one" in any way suspicious? Is he nonhistorical?

The "bar one" is non historical.
because everyone here is OCD and ADHD, and then complain when their dwarfs act similarly in game.
@I used to be an axelord like you, until I took a (+bronze bolt+) to the upper leg, chipping the bone through the *copper leggings*!@

Kilroy the Grand

• Bay Watcher
  • I only want to give you a small kiss
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2012, 08:30:40 pm »

Drown all of your dwarves. The one that doesn't die is the vampire.
*pew* *blam* "Aughgghggurglegurgle..." *slither* *slither* *pit* *pat* *tap* *click-click* *BOOM* "Aiiieeegurgle gurgle..."
X-com meets Dwarf Fortress

Awessum Possum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2012, 08:32:33 pm »

Drown all of your dwarves. The one that doesn't die is the vampire.
Yay! Witch hunt! and when I find the vampire... Magma!

Can Vampires have families?

EDIT:Face. Palm.
"Tithleth the Moth of Rain is a deity of the Bust of Day. Tithleth most often takes the form of a male dwarf and is associated with forgiveness and the stars.
In the late autumn of 1031, Tithleth cursed the dwarf vampire 'Farmer42P' to prowl the night in search of blood in willfulbolt."

Well case closed then. Sorry 'bout that.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 08:50:55 pm by Awessum Possum »

Scow2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2012, 09:13:22 pm »

... cheater.

TruePikachu

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished System Administrator
    • View Profile
    • cDusto (my personal server)
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2012, 12:54:10 am »

... cheater.

[DFHack]# cursecheck nick_
He likes Pokémon, composing ≡«☼characters☼»≡, Windows for its compatability, Linux for its security, and Pikachu for its electric capabilities. When possible, he prefers to consume pasta. He absolutely detests Apple.

Berossus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2012, 04:32:56 am »

As in every vampire-related thread, i want to say that vampires will have no thoughts about sleeping, eating or drinking.
Unless you have 280 dwarves in your fortress, checking the first paragraph of their thoughts for absence of food/drink/sleep related thoughts is a sure way to identify vampirism.
My son, many speak of the honor in war.
My preferred method is to wait until their back is turned, then impale them with a pike held by someone else.
Preferrably from a distance.