Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: All Hail Thikut Bomrekudo  (Read 1808 times)

timotheos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
All Hail Thikut Bomrekudo
« on: September 22, 2012, 12:04:42 pm »

All Hail Thikut Bomrekudo, Dragon Slayer.

When on the 14th of Limestone 768 the dragon Eruwa Beraithasa arrived to rain destruction on our beloved fortress you along with all the other soldiers where ordered to run and hide.
A roasted dwarf is no good to us and just maybe the cage traps would work and we would have a new pet. But no you dawdled back inside and you where caught alone.
Then you showed your true mettle, dodging attack after attack and and streams of flame. Blows where deflected by the edge of your cloak. Then somehow you managed to open an artery with your simple copper axe. The dragon kept coming but again you dodged and his blow was deflected by your breastplate. When you go a second blow in the blood loss became too great and the dragon passed out.
Your bravery hacking the dragon to death while all around you want up in flames is true testament to your courage. Songs will be sung of you and the best resources of the fortress will be put at your disposal.
When the lands around have stopped burning monuments will be built so the whole world will know of this great day.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
Re: All Hail Thikut Bomrekudo
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2012, 02:28:26 pm »

When on the 14th of Limestone 768 the dragon Eruwa Beraithasa arrived to rain destruction on our beloved fortress you along with all the other soldiers where ordered to run and hide.
A roasted dwarf is no good to us and just maybe the cage traps would work and we would have a new pet. But no you dawdled back inside and you where caught alone.
Then you showed your true mettle, dodging attack after attack and and streams of flame. Blows where deflected by the edge of your cloak. Then somehow you managed to open an artery with your simple copper axe. The dragon kept coming but again you dodged and his blow was deflected by your breastplate. When you go a second blow in the blood loss became too great and the dragon passed out.
Your bravery hacking the dragon to death while all around you want up in flames is true testament to your courage. Songs will be sung of you and the best resources of the fortress will be put at your disposal.
When the lands around have stopped burning monuments will be built so the whole world will know of this great day.

To sum up:
Urist mcbadass cancels run like a stinking elf: too badass.
Dragon cancels kill everyone: interrupted by dwarf.
Dragon has been struck down.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2012, 01:10:45 am »

Urist mcbadass cancels run like a stinking elf: too badass.
Dragon cancels kill everyone: interrupted by dwarf.
Dragon has been struck down.

random creature cancels living its daily life: interrupted by dwarf.
random creature has been struck down.

Is a nice little formula for how must lives in DF are ended.  Including the dwarves.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

sadron

• Bay Watcher
  • Manic Asphyxiation
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2012, 02:51:01 am »

Story was ruined for me when you mispelled "were" as "where".

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2012, 10:02:02 am »

Story was ruined for me when you mispelled "were" as "where".
Well, aren't you just a fountain of sunshine? :P

Great story, timotheos. Very lucky dwarf.
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2012, 12:50:40 pm »

A typical example of

Dwarf cancels Do Action As Expected: Must do Impossible.
Dwarf revolts against Physics!
Now updating the Monster Hunter Universe mod
Current Version: 0.4.95b - Updated June 17, 2015
New Thread
Download
Old Thread