Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 16

Author Topic: Survive the End  (Read 22694 times)

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
Re: Survive the End
« Reply #120 on: September 28, 2012, 04:36:36 pm »

There are technically infinite spots. I'll put your char in to replace sayaks's, as he doesn't appear to be a player.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 28, 2012, 10:06:44 pm »

Grab the stabber! Throw it at the infected man!
(Bowie)
[4+3 weapon]v{6-2 missing arm} You throw the makeshift blade at him like a javelin, and the stabber gets driven through the chest! He has a vomiting fit and you see that the stabber hit him right under the sternum, so it's safe to say that his stomch's been punctured.

Dick will train his pistol on him, and tell him that he had better get out. Start coughing too, pretend to be sick.
(Dick)
[1] Seeing the pistol makes him jump at you.
{6+3+2 weapon+fit}v[6+10+5 gun+skill] You fire 2 shots into him and he drops.

>Examine Vent
(Carrie's dreamself)
You walk up to the vent and open it. Inside, you see a... forest? This vent appears to be a window to a charred forest. The trees are of pine and ash, while the ground is a mostly barren gray. The forest seems to stretch on for miles on end. In the distance, you can hear a woman singing a haunting, mournful tune. It lacks any repetition and seems to be freely sung.

Sitting here, all lone.
None travel this land,
and none hear my cries.
The life of the Siren is misery.

Why, great burning,
why did you not take me?

Look at the big ugly brute then smash him in the head with the club until the head ceases to exist then look to the others in the shop

"And this friends is what happens to people who insist on causing problems that get in my way, Now would you kindly get me enough food and drink for 3 days or am i going to need to go through you and your little barricade to get it?

Request the store workers bring me enough food and drink for 3 days in a duffel bag.
(Leon)
[5] After smashing the retching man's head in, you request a duffel bag full of rations. The manager replies:
"Thank you for ending that poor man. On behalf of the store, and the people who can make it home, we would be proud to give you enough food and water to feed all three of you! By the way, you might want to look for help with the police. They'll likely pay you for keeping order so efficiently.

Cut into an alley, any nearby alley.
There are no nearby alleys.

It is 9:07.
My tumblr.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 28, 2012, 10:17:19 pm »

If the necromorph looks not-alive, loot and run.
If it looks not-not-trying-to-kill, stomp it! That's how Dead Space works, right?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 28, 2012, 11:03:30 pm »

Wake up, sweating. Have time have passed by around half a day for me.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 28, 2012, 11:05:33 pm »

Wake up, sweating. Have time have passed by around half a day for me.
No. The time is the same for everyone. You will keep up with your dream.
My tumblr.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 28, 2012, 11:24:19 pm »

Damn.

Investigate Forest

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 29, 2012, 01:51:44 am »

What items are nearby? 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 29, 2012, 02:03:13 am »

Thank them for the food and water then head to the police station and ask if they need any help, If they do tell them ill require a full set of riot gear and a side arm and sub machine guns and as much ammunition as they can give me.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 29, 2012, 03:01:55 pm »

If the NOT A FUCKING NECROMORPH looks dead, loot.
(Bowie)
[5] You check his back pocket and find a wallet with $20.55 and some family photos in it, a pocketknife, a piece of string, a 3 pennies, and a Snickers bar. Also, pocket lint: easily the most valuable thing you found on him. That's some quality pocket lint. You overhear that Leon got some canned goods.

Investigate Forest
(Carrie's dreamself)
     You climb through the vent-turned-portal into the forest. It both smells and tastes of ashes. You look behind to see that your portal disappeared.
     This forest is so boring, so you investigate the singing, as it's the only interesting thing around you. You walk about the length of a football field before you enter a clearing. Strangely, the singing has not become louder or softer as you approach. In the clearing are three tall trees, each spaced about 50 meters apart. The three trees are all pine, and you can make out glowing shapes marked into all of them, none of them in an alphabet you recognize, but in different alphabets. The trees faintly shine lime green, purple, and red. The trees look just vaguely human. The red one is devoid of needles and its markings are look somewhat like Daedric. The green one has dying vines sprawling across its trunk and the symbols look a bit like Arabic. The purple tree is surrounded by pinecones that are emitting a scent that smells like decaying flesh and the sybols look like Chinese, if the carver was a 3-year-old stereotypical American.
     In the center of the triad is a tree stump lacking any symbols or abnormalities, aside from a woman, the woman who must have been singing. The lady, wierdly, has no lower body to speak of, and the stump of the tree seamlessly blends into her torso. Her pale skin is missing in some patches on her arms and back and she is nude. Her bronze hair is tied back into a ponytail, and her eyes are a piercing blue. She isn't very muscular, but she would look beuatiful, if she wasn't in her curent state. A jagged mark, similar to the kind on the red tree, is cut into her cheek. It looks sort of like a lowercase H, like this:
Code: [Select]
/|
 |
 +-->
 | (
 |  \

Tears are running down her cheeks, and her ballad has grown more melancholy, until she notices you, and stops singing.
     She smiles at seeing you, the kind of smile that you get when you learn your friend has been cured of cancer.
  "H-hi, ma'am. Are you here in a dream?

What items are nearby? 
[5] A glass bottle.

Thank them for the food and water then head to the police station and ask if they need any help, If they do tell them ill require a full set of riot gear and a side arm and sub machine guns and as much ammunition as they can give me.

[4] You head to the entrance of the store with your newfound allies with what supplies the store had remaining, which is 10 cans of black beans, a bag of rice, a bag of brocolli, 3 6-packs of water bottles, 2 packs of bandages, and 2 bottles of glue. [2] However, due to all the ambulances and emergency crewmembers, it may be a while before you can leave the shop.

It is 9:15.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 03:41:59 pm by Slayerhero90 »
My tumblr.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 29, 2012, 03:04:26 pm »

Push through the crowd and head to the police station.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 29, 2012, 03:30:19 pm »

My character thinks it's a necromorph.

Take the knife, string, and candy; grab the lightest nearby nonperishable food, and follow Leon.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 29, 2012, 04:38:40 pm »

>Touch Marking.

>Touch Woman.

>Touch Ground

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 29, 2012, 05:01:30 pm »

Dick will go over and check the man's wrist for a pulse. If none is found, call the cops and lock the corpse in the bathroom. If one is found, bind his wounds as best as possible, and call the cops. Try and keep pressure on the bullet holes.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 29, 2012, 06:00:25 pm »

Anyone know why Scelly isn't playing? He on a vacation or something?
My tumblr.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: September 29, 2012, 11:30:43 pm »

Push through the crowd and head to the police station.
(Leon)
[6] You hastily lead your companions throught the crowd of medical personell and walk to the police station. When you get there, nobody's there.

Take the knife, string, and candy; grab the lightest nearby nonperishable food, and follow Leon.
(Bowie)
You take everything.

>Touch Woman.
(Carrie's dreamself)
     You cautiously approach the woman. In responce to her question, you reply:
     "Yes, I'm fairly certain I'm dreaming. The fact that I was in a ruined skyscraper, crawled through a vent into this forest, and found you is completely illogical. You, I believe, are are the siren you sang about?"
     "I am Siren, y-yes. Who are you?"
     "My name is Carrie. This is a very disturbing dream I'm having, but I just can jump out of it for some reason. The question currently on my mind is, what is this place? Why did this dream take me here? Why are you in this condition?"
     "This is Kolasi-Oneiro Range as I'm told by the Supr4dmyn, as he c-calls himself. I have sneaking suspicions he's responsible for this mess. I cannot answer you as to why you are here, because I don't know how I got here or why this happened." She gestures to her body. "I don't remember anything before I became this w-wretched thing." Again, a gesture to her form, this time, slower and more mournfully.
     "Who's the Superadmin? He sounds like some socially inept gamer."
     "I've never seen him, only ever hearing him. From his voice, I'd say he's got three seperate personalities. Whenever he's within an audible range, I feel my head burning."
     "What do these markings on these trees say? I've never seen these languages."
     " The red, green, and purple trees are in the Kestvoshorik, Arlahhin, and Preidin languages respectively. Kestvoshorik is the language of death; when spoken by the superadmin, trees wither and what few animals that live here die. Arlahhin is of hunger. On its own, it does nothing, but spoken in conjunction with the red language, will cause your stomach to fail at its job. And then there's Preidin, the Insanity language. Tell me, what do you see, hear, smell, taste, or feel from that tree?" She points at the tree.
     "Pincones. They smell of rotten meat. Blecch." Realising how overpowering the smell is when you notice it, you hold your hand over your nose in disgust.
     "I see eyes; thousands of purple eyes, cracking through the bark. I've had the luck to not fall victim to those twisted words. He's told me that when he speaks them, everyone, not just the target, gets this feeling of being stalked by their worst fears. They never come for them. Ever. The people go mad from expecting something that won't happen."
     You walk towards her. "Do you need help getting o-
     "NONONONONODON'TTOUCHMEDON'TTOUCHBARRIERBARRIERBARRIERDON'TDIEIDON'TWANTYOUTODIEYOU'RETHEFIRSTPERSONI'VEMETINDECADES!"
     "Whoawhoawhoa. What do you mean by barrier and dying? Are you saying that if I get near you I'll die?"
     "Yes! These trees create a barrier! Walking between any two of them causes you to be afflicted by their affects!"

A humanoid walks into the clearing. He appears to be pale skinned and in his early teens. He's wearing dark-gray jeans, black shoes, a maroon hoodie with lines of black on it and the hood over his head, and glasses with red frames. He's holding a hatchet in one hand and is dragging along a wooden chair with the other. "Hey, Siren, I'm just tshekkyng up on you 4nd- who's thys? Who 4re you, m4'4m, 4nd how'd you get yn here? Ple4se tell me you h4ven't hurt my Siren! I'll gut you where you st4nd yf you h4ve!" He talks rather strangely, you note to yourself.

"Her name is Carrie! She hasn't hurt me! Please don't hurt her!"
     "Ok4y! I won't. I'm too l4zy to m4ke anothr ch4ir, so:
     "M4ch ein Stuhl!" A duplicate of his chair appears.
     "Why are you speaking German?"
     "Evydently, Grm4n ys the l4ngu4ge of cre4tion."

You can't argue with that logic.

Dick will go over and check the man's wrist for a pulse. If none is found, call the cops and lock the corpse in the bathroom. If one is found, bind his wounds as best as possible, and call the cops. Try and keep pressure on the bullet holes.
[1] No pulse found. You do what is nescessary.

It is 9:36 pm.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 08:05:01 am by Slayerhero90 »
My tumblr.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 16