Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10

Author Topic: Roll to Migrate: Planet H-3 - OOC Thread  (Read 11007 times)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: Roll to Migrate - OOC Thread
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2012, 12:46:21 am »

I suggest that, while the as yet unnamed giant creature is terrifying, I'm not sure it's you guy's biggest concern. (ha! see what I did there?)

Prioritize threats you can actually deal with, like getting eaten by ignis or other predators while you work...or sleep.

Also, finding something either edible or worth money short term, so you don't starve would be a good idea.

...Hey GUNINANRUNIN, how much does a day's ration of imported food and water cost?
It changes day by day. Probably 5 Cs for 1 unit of food, and 10 Cs for 1 unit of water. Water is infinitely more valuable than food. You can only last one day without drinking any water before you die. You can live without food for three. The rest of the galaxy will eat just about anything as long as it isn't toxic, so you can sell meat or plants as long as they are properly prepared. Too bad H-3 doesn't have much around to eat. When you guys start up an industry, you'll have to manually haul whatever you want to sell. If you can set up an automated system, then it will take advantage of it until it runs out, and you will automatically get cash for it daily. If you begin taking advantage of a food or water source, the Migrants' daily values will be subtracted, and the rest sold. You can set some aside and stockpile it, but you'll need Cold Storage for that.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2012, 08:30:19 am »

You can remove your Creds from your post inventories now. An updated balance will be in the OOC Thread from now on. New Migrants will have to deposit the Credits they bring with them manually before they become a part of the pool.

Jatha

• Bay Watcher
  • And people say I have no sense of irony...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2012, 04:06:10 pm »

So, how will resource collection be handled? Do we require special equipment like a drill platform, or can we use hand tools to gather minerals? Also, what is the selling price for water? (As in how much could be made off the frozen pool just outside the base?)

Alanoran

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is air droppable at least once.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2012, 05:51:45 am »

Heya, I'd like to join the wait list. I admit, I haven't done a rtd before, so I was hoping to get suggestions on potential character design.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Wasn't sure what to label the skills, and could definitely could use a hand in the equipment section.  :)

if the fox is too much, i can lose some details, or I'd like to add a general small scale robot starter kit, to build myself a companion later.

-edited skills/inv and Vixen; thanks Joben. If the skills still seem too interrelated, I can come up with some others.Wanted to flesh out tech skills in areas besides pure robotics; not sure how far I can push robotics into implied skill in those fields.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 07:40:02 pm by Alanoran »
_,-=._                     /|_/|
  `-.}   `=._,.-=-._.,  @ @._,
     `._ _,-.   )            _,.-'
        `      G.m-"^m`m'

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2012, 10:57:08 am »

Your "Profession" implies you have all the skills to do that job.
Your "Skills" are specific things that are unrelated to your profession to give yourself a few other useful things you can do or are extra good at.

For example:

Profession: Dentist (Implies tooth extraction, cavity filling, cleaning etc)
Skills: Horseback Riding, Advanced Flirting, Gardening

I don't think you need to specify general Profession related items, it's taken that you have the basic kit. Requested inventory is mostly for very specific, or exotic, things you want for you job, and non job related personal items.

For example:

Extra Novocain
Tooth Cleaning Nannites
lightsaber
fava beans
bottle of fine chianti
Broken Arrow - A small stats tweak to fix unrealistically overpowered arrows and bolts.

My RTD games: Roll To Raptor (On hold), Dino Arena

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2012, 07:42:15 pm »

-snip-
First of all, I apologise for being away for two days without notice. Second of all, I'll interpret his choices on my own, thank you.

@Alanoran I'll PM you your character sheet along with any revisions I may have.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 07:45:06 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2012, 08:16:08 pm »

So, how will resource collection be handled? Do we require special equipment like a drill platform, or can we use hand tools to gather minerals? Also, what is the selling price for water? (As in how much could be made off the frozen pool just outside the base?)
You can gather resources manually, using tools and such and then deposit them in your Processor, but the procedure will obviously take much more time. You can buy a harvester module for the rover that allows it to automatically collect some classes of resource, or aerial drones and walker drones.

Water will likely go for 50Cs/unit, but it depends on the market. From time to time there will be -events- that will change prices on items.

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2012, 08:17:57 pm »

-snip-
First of all, I apologise for being away for two days without notice. Second of all, I'll interpret his choices on my own, thank you.

@Alanoran I'll PM you your character sheet along with any revisions I may have.

Uhhh wat? I didn't "interpret" his choices.  :(

He asked for input on a character sheet, I noticed he had overlapping profession and skills, so i paraphrased what you'd explicitly told me.

You to me via PM on the Profession/Skill system:

decide on one career, and three minor skills that do not pertain to your trade.

Then this from the main thread inventory section.

(mostly just specific things. if you're a robo-tinker we'll just assume you have all the tools you would need to repair or reprogram one)

Donno what you're so snippy about. I was just trying to be helpful.
Broken Arrow - A small stats tweak to fix unrealistically overpowered arrows and bolts.

My RTD games: Roll To Raptor (On hold), Dino Arena

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2012, 08:52:01 pm »

Wait, the skills weren't supposed to pertain to our trade? Well, mine did, but ah well.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2012, 09:05:34 pm »

Instinctive Constructor denotes makeshift construction, things built from scrap and junk that are still functional.
Mechanical Repairman indicates that you're capable of fixing heavy machinery, like generators or engines.
Civil Demolitions Expert means that you can use explosives for constructive purposes, whether its building a road, sealing a tunnel, or blowing a giant monster's legs off. As long as it doesn't involve weaponised explosives (grenades, rockets, cannon shells, etc.).

None of those have to do with a Combat Engineer's duties, which include the following:
Performs and can improve basic combat constructions (trenches, fighting holes, wire)
Operates various light or heavy engineer wheeled vehicles (you can drive vehicles, and operate their weaponry).
Arms, disarms, and installs anti-personnel and anti-tank mines. Locates mines by visual means or by using a mine detector. Recognizes and neutralizes booby traps, friendly and threat mines, and firing devices.

You can do lots of stuff! :3

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2012, 09:06:58 pm »

Ah well, they seem similar in my mind. Now, we just need to figure out how to make money.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Jatha

• Bay Watcher
  • And people say I have no sense of irony...
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2012, 09:20:23 pm »

Wait, the skills weren't supposed to pertain to our trade? Well, mine did, but ah well.

I too selected skills in line with my profession. (Sort of...) Seeing how each profession comes with its own skill set, what exactly is the skill range for a “Professional Revolutionary”?
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 10:57:48 pm by Jatha »

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2012, 11:24:53 pm »

I too selected skills in line with my profession. (Sort of...) Seeing how each profession comes with its own skill set, what exactly is the skill range for a “Professional Revolutionary”?
Not much. You're a natural leader, strategist, and soldier so you get a speech bonus when trying to convince soldiers, especially large groups, and its very easy for you to recruit NPCs (if I include any). As a guerilla, you can fight with nearly anything ((sort of vague, but I'd probably give you bonuses in close-combat, and take away the negative effects of improvised weaponry, or weaponry that requires special training (rocket launchers, EMP weapons, booby traps, flamethrowers, etc.) and some other things. It would definitely require case-by-case judgement)).

Yhgi117

• Bay Watcher
  • Proud owner of an Internet connection. Mostly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2012, 07:13:06 am »

...(rocket launchers, EMP weapons, booby traps, flamethrowers, etc.)...
Will we actually get any of these, or are you just stickin' this stuff in for laughs?
You turn on your heel and scream like a madman before performing a flying leap directly into Vincent's gut. I'M A LEAVE! The two of you achieve orbit momentarily before roughly landing on the ground in a heap.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2012, 07:38:23 am »

….are you just stickin' this stuff in for laughs?….
Why do you say that?
The MRU has everything, so long as you ask for it. If its expensive, rare, not available because of a market event, or any combination of the three, then you might not be able to get it immediately.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10