Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Awesome Canadian Meetup Thread: Nobody else has made one so it's official now  (Read 1947 times)

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
  • Horrors! Crundles in the caverns!
    • View Profile

So I noticed that there are at least two other Edmontonians on this forum. Something clearly needs to be done.

But a thread with an audience of three is a bad idea so if anyone else wants to try starting a meetup in a Canadian municipality then I can add it here for convenient reference and we can meet each other and have conversations like "omg dude ur on bay12" "omg me 2!!!!!" "lol" and then leave for school or a job or whatever.

CURRENT GENERAL LOCATIONS
- Edmonton: basically, I can meet anyone on Whyte Avenue and I have at least one spare a day so it would be cool if someone stopped by. So far the list is at FuzzyZergling, feralferret, Mlamlah and me. Be sure not to get stabbed by someone pushing a shopping cart full of sharpened can fragments.
- Toronto: Come on, there's got to be someone from Toronto so I'm putting this here ahead of time. Descan is near Toronto~! And so is Zrk2. It turns out there are lots of people who live in our capital, it's not like Washington at all.
- Northern B.C.: In case you have a plane or something you can meet Kedly somewhere that's possibly closer to the Yukon than Vancouver.
- Windsor-Essex: GreatJustice lives here.

ACTUAL EVENTS WITH DATES AND STUFF
Be sure to put all your dates in metric!
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 09:04:48 pm by GoombaGeek »
My wooden badge was delicious.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

I'm near Toronto~!
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile

I wish I was a Canadian. America is not a very fun place to live for liberal comrades.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile

I wish I was a Canadian. America is not a very fun place to live for liberal comrades.
Thats because you never been to anywhere else :P

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile

Thats because you never been to anywhere else :P
I've been to Montreal. Seemed better to me.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Denver is also very liberal too and less eh?

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Isn't that because nobody lives there?

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

not my fault i had to move ;_;

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

not my fault i had to move ;_;
You're contributing to the "Denver is so damn empty that even Canadians know about it" problem.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Man, northern B.C. is pretty much middle of no-where, and according to the last time I checked that bay12 map, there only seems to be greater vancouver area bay12ers in BC D=
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
Re: Awesome Canadian Meetup Thread: Nobody else has made one so it's official now
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2012, 05:20:21 pm »

Plenty of places in alberta are not much better sadly, but... cool! i'm an edmontonian, and i promise to not be a 58 year old asian man with a serious social disorder! Yay!

GreatJustice

• Bay Watcher
  • ☭The adventure continues (refresh)☭
    • View Profile
Re: Awesome Canadian Meetup Thread: Nobody else has made one so it's official now
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2012, 06:01:02 pm »

Windsor-Essex here. Great view of unemployed people, empty factories and Detroit.

EDIT: Oh, Alberta. What an odd place.

I've got some cousins there, and they're quite inexplicably the only extended relatives I have that are even remotely religious. Funny enough, they're from the communist-expat/atheist Turk side of the family, so I guess Alberta is closer to god or something.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 06:05:51 pm by GreatJustice »
The person supporting regenerating health, when asked why you can see when shot in the eye justified it as 'you put on an eyepatch'. When asked what happens when you are then shot in the other eye, he said that you put an eyepatch on that eye. When asked how you'd be able to see, he said that your first eye would have healed by then.

Professional Bridge Toll Collector?

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2012, 06:15:53 pm »

Windsor-Essex here. Great view of unemployed people, empty factories and Detroit.

EDIT: Oh, Alberta. What an odd place.

I've got some cousins there, and they're quite inexplicably the only extended relatives I have that are even remotely religious. Funny enough, they're from the communist-expat/atheist Turk side of the family, so I guess Alberta is closer to god or something.
It's Calgary's fault. I blame magnetic fields created by the mountains that flow downhill from the continental divide, attracted to that one really tall tower downtown.

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2012, 07:30:44 pm »

My theory is that stephen harpers birth created a paradox in space time, as no one so conservative in such a douchey way could be born outside of the bible belt, the backlash in the multiverse caused the surrounding area to turn into a satellite state of that first layer of hell.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2012, 08:47:34 pm »

I'm near Toronto.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.
Pages: [1] 2