Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: adamantine sword trap underground  (Read 1396 times)

SauliusTheBlack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
adamantine sword trap underground
« on: September 12, 2012, 01:53:16 pm »

Title says it all. HOW?

PS: fortress mode
They died for their fellow Dwarves. They will be remembered, at least until your Dwarves see a particularly nice statue.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
Re: adamantine sword trap underground
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2012, 02:01:00 pm »

It's a curious structure. *spoilers*wiki link*spoilers*

Know that if you dig down to it will be guarded by a bunch of zombies that you can defeat and deconstruct it to take the adamantine weapon that is rightfully yours.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2012, 02:20:17 pm »

Know that if you dig down to it will be guarded by a bunch of zombies that you can defeat and deconstruct it to take the adamantine weapon that is rightfully yours.
Who says it's "rightfully yours"? Somebody put that sword there for a good reason, and that somebody might get angry if you take it...
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2012, 02:29:27 pm »

Who says it's "rightfully yours"? Somebody put that sword there for a good reason, and that somebody might get angry if you take it...
I define anything that enters my fortresses as "rightfully mine", up to and including goblin armor and adamantine weapons. :P

But regardless, you are going to need a strong military to deal with the undead guarding it.
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Kaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2012, 02:32:21 pm »

Taking into consideration that it shows up as part of your fortress stocks, I guess it's yours. Actually everything on the map is rightfully yours since if a thief steals it you get a message as if they stole it from you.  :D

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2012, 02:38:06 pm »

Yes! One of these again! They are super rare...

:P
This is a blank sig.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2012, 02:43:20 pm »

You know !!FUN!! is inbound when everyone starts using smiley faces. :P

Anyways at the OP. If you are already spoiled or want to be then just click the wiki link in my original post and read the wiki page. However if you would like an experience that very few of us have had before (most of us being spoiled by accident or on purpose) then you can embark on one of the most !!FUN!! things in the game, preferably while telling us your story as you go along. Also some terms you might want to avoid reading or learning about: HFS, clowns, candy, (obviously) spoilers.

And to everyone else here, no outright spoilers or hinting at anything too heavily. We gave away all that we needed to with the first three posts, so don't go any farther then that!

SauliusTheBlack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2012, 02:55:05 pm »

I am quite well aware of the circus. I just haven't found the adamtine sword before... However, this could be my first time actually breaching it...
They died for their fellow Dwarves. They will be remembered, at least until your Dwarves see a particularly nice statue.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2012, 02:57:10 pm »

I am quite well aware of the circus. I just haven't found the adamtine sword before... However, this could be my first time actually breaching it...
The first time breaching it is always fun. :)

And if you are aware of the circus already then know this, the adamantine weapon trap functions the same as adamantine spires do for circus purposes. Though it would still be fun to hear your story of the breaching when it happens, especially if this is your first time.

SauliusTheBlack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2012, 02:59:31 pm »

Mission in current fort: Reach, and claim, adamantine sword.
NO WIKI allowed.
somewhat of an account will be placed here afterwards, I think, if I can remember after the adrenaline...

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2012, 03:19:21 pm »

I remember one time someone wax mislead into thinking that nothing bad would happen by taking the sword...how evil we are...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2012, 03:56:29 pm »

Oh, how I wish I'd find one of those.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
  • UristMcSoldier is an enemy of the Twinkling Incest
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2012, 09:58:27 pm »

Since when did we start handing out explanations and links?  I remember a time when all we said was "It's masterwork quality, an amazing addition to any legendary unit."
ive gotten in the habit of replacing my chief medical dwarf as soon as he gains any notable skill in diagnosis.
It's really funny watching them do unnecessary surgery because of a wrong diagnosis.
the conditions were bad enough to turn a dwarf who didn't care about anything mad, that's pretty hardcore.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2012, 10:02:00 pm »

I dunno, probably around the time every nobody had figured out the spoilers and/or SpiralDementia's tale became renowned around our corner of the world wide web.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2012, 10:22:34 pm »

Since when did we start handing out explanations and links?  I remember a time when all we said was "It's masterwork quality, an amazing addition to any legendary unit."
If we say "spoilers abound" and then give a slight bit of info, people who don't want to be spoiled will go through with it. If we give vague explanations a person is much more likely to go look at the wiki and be spoiled. Better to tell people that it's a spoiler and give them the choice to go through with it or not, then to make people be unsatisfied and go spoil themselves trying to find answers.
Pages: [1] 2