Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10

Author Topic: Monster Hunter RTD : Discussion thread.  (Read 14765 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Hunter RTD : Discussion thread.
« Reply #75 on: September 19, 2012, 12:28:53 pm »

@Tiruin: Foxfolk/Kitsunes here aren't theriantropes unless the GM says they can shapeshift or something. As far as I remember, they were basically humans with fox ears, tails etc.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 19, 2012, 12:34:23 pm »

@Tiruin: Foxfolk/Kitsunes here aren't theriantropes unless the GM says they can shapeshift or something. As far as I remember, they were basically humans with fox ears, tails etc.

Who knows.....
Durrr..

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 19, 2012, 01:02:37 pm »

Who knows.....
I know.

:3

Still, I like how the turns are presented.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 19, 2012, 02:57:19 pm »

I'd still like a bit of background on the orcs :D  For instance do orcs like goblins, or treat them as inferior evil little things?
Nom nom nom

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 19, 2012, 03:09:14 pm »

I'd still like a bit of background on the orcs :D  For instance do orcs like goblins, or treat them as inferior evil little things?

Yeah they like them. They're good allies, provide excellent thiefs, marksmen and traders to the orcs! Also they often do things orcs are too bulky to do, like catching small creatues or selling orc wares. As orcs themselves can trade but not so well compared to the smooth talking goblins.
Durrr..

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 21, 2012, 11:56:20 am »

Well, since I didn't post any action and just picked a group before the trip started, I suppose I can submit one, right?
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 21, 2012, 12:01:52 pm »

Well, since I didn't post any action and just picked a group before the trip started, I suppose I can submit one, right?

Everyone expect Khan have to post a action.
Durrr..

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 21, 2012, 12:16:51 pm »

What kind of action should we post? What kind of transportation we want to take?
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 21, 2012, 12:56:11 pm »

Please red the fluid time mechanic part. It explains everything you should know and what kind of action you want to post.
Durrr..

peglegpengeuin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 21, 2012, 03:51:43 pm »

Everyone expect Khan have to post a action.

I posted an action too. I'm spending that turn dreaming.

Dharma dreams of his elf village. His parents are still alive here, their house sitting in the village. Dharma lies in a pile of leaves which oddly feel like clothing. Orcs, gnomes, and other creatures pass through the village in the background. One of the elves comes up to Dharma, and begins speaking. "Drank too much, didn't you?" The elf transforms into a glass of beer before continuing. "Did you figure it out yet? How paralysis magic works?" Dharma shakes his head. "You'd better figure it out. We need to be useful." The rest of the dream drifts forward in a strange twilight between drowsy confusion and enlightenment.

((Anyone here ever go to sleep not knowing how to solve a problem, and then wake up knowing the answer? That's what I'm aiming for here. Of course, it was never previously established that Dharma was trying to learn paralyzing magic, but whatever. Here's to hoping for a good roll.))
Awesome website for people who like suggestion games: Choice of Games

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 21, 2012, 04:10:47 pm »

Oh yes, my bad.
Durrr..

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 23, 2012, 04:39:03 pm »

oh wait so with the time mechanic as well, my hunting action would only really involve the area around the monster-hunter base?  Ehmk then.
Nom nom nom

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 24, 2012, 11:51:40 am »

Hello guys!

-New turn!
-Next lore suggestion! Otherwise i will do the orcs.
- How does one make a in-thread linky which warps the user to the designated post? I'd like to do this for easier turn navigating.
-Ehhhhhh........ rest?
« Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 12:01:15 pm by Mr.Zero »
Durrr..

peglegpengeuin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 25, 2012, 01:08:39 pm »

I'm thinking of making a paralysis potion for the gnome so he could dip his crossbow bolts in it. Tell me if you guys think it would be more useful to make that or do stick with my current action (study the desert). Note that it would probably take at least two turns to make, since I need to learn the recipe on top of making the potion.
Edit: Oh, and I think orc lore would be the best choice for next lore.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 03:01:58 pm by peglegpengeuin »
Awesome website for people who like suggestion games: Choice of Games

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 25, 2012, 02:42:03 pm »

- How does one make a in-thread linky which warps the user to the designated post? I'd like to do this for easier turn navigating.
Click on the subject line of the post in question; it'll change your current URL to that post specifically, which you can then use in a link.

As for lore, I'm good with orcs.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10