Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17

Author Topic: Roll to Gladiate--Fantasy RTD Tournament! Round 4...Fight!  (Read 17825 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Roll to Gladiate--Fantasy RTD Tournament! Round 4...Fight!
« on: September 10, 2012, 10:13:32 pm »

The idea is simple. Eight players sign up and create a gladiator, of a DF species and profession. Megabeasts, semimegabeasts, procedurally generated creatures, and creatures that can't breathe air are off-limits, but anything else goes! Note, however, that if you choose a troll when your enemies include three dwarves, two humans, a goblin, a yak, and a cat, they're getting special advantages over you to balance it out.
Once we have eight competitors, I will assign them into pairs and they will start battling! Each combatant in a fight gets one action, then I resolve the actions simultaneously and you can start again. Repeat until one has defeated the other. Once the first round is done, I will assign the winners into pairs and repeat. Once someone wins, they get a special prize of some kind and we probably start again. The winner and second-placer get into the next tournament automatically, and others can reserve spots during the first tournament.
The most important rule is that fun is more important than winning.
Required Information for Gladiators:
Race
Profession, if any
Some level of description and/or background

Who is ready to rumble?

Spoiler: Supplementary Rules (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 06:11:59 am by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Gladiate--DF-inspired RTD tournament!
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2012, 10:18:54 pm »

Looks interesting.

Well, I might as well join now!

Race: Dwarf.
Occupation: For Hire guy/Juggler. He prefers non-combat oriented jobs, but will take them if they pay well enough. (This guy will die VERY quickly.)
Bio: Barloff used to juggle for an elderly king, but got framed for said king's death. He went on the lam, and took up random jobs for some extra gold.

EDIT: Changed race to DWARF. Because I fear the rage of Caerwyn.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 01:02:16 pm by Greenstarfanatic »
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2012, 10:30:35 pm »

Basically semi-standard low fantasy. Head up a couple subforums to learn more. If you don't want to do that, pick a race and a weapon.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2012, 10:58:30 pm »

Race: Dwarf (I'm too tired to imagine, alright?)
Profession, if any: Weaponsmith.
Some level of description and/or background: His name is Darwuf. He's very fond of steel. His favorite food is cheesy toast and root beer floats. He likes to make weapons, too. He hates other dwarves, but looooves elves. Probably because of the delicious things they have to smoke. Oh, and he's vegetarian.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2012, 11:00:06 pm »

Just how DF inspired is this? Could you explain how it works?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2012, 06:19:02 am »

Mostly the characters are DF-inspired.
Sig

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2012, 06:22:33 am »

Race: Goblin
Profession: Trader
Bio: Gartuk loves money.  Known for his aggressive business style, he'll outsell and buyout anyone who stands in his way. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2012, 06:30:31 am »

Race: Human
Profession: Taxedermist

Bio: Ger likes to run out into the fields and strangle vultures to death, afterwards he stuffs them and sells them at market (This is how I level up my peasants in adventure mode... that and sharpening and throwing stones for about two days, and about a day or two of sneaking back and forth.... then I go and get killed doing something stupid... dont attack elephants even if you are a legendary wrestler)
« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 06:34:03 am by Kedly »
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2012, 06:38:36 am »

Race: Dorfy Dorf Dorf

Bio: Urist likes running. But he is so short, so his agility isn't... that exceptional, so he likes to duel some elephants and dodge around.
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2012, 06:52:01 am »

Race: Raccoon

Bio: This little furry creature once stole a copper axe from a rather new dwarven oputpost.
And have been using it in combat ever since then.
Also, he need only one more kill to gain a randomly generated name for himself.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 06:54:03 am by Ultimuh »

JackoftheBox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2012, 09:28:27 am »

Race: Kobold
Bio: Jeekins is his name, and he believes that there is blood of a god flowing in his veins. The other kobolds didn't take him very seriously, so Jeekins decided to prove his godhood by entering this petty tournament.
This morning I found myself looking at the numberplates of the cars on my drive in to work and seeing them as tileset characters in ASCII... a silver Renault I was behind had an interesting scene of a Human wrestling a Minotaur near a bin.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2012, 03:39:10 pm »

One more spot!
Sig

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Gladiate--Fantasy RTD Tournament! one spot left!
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2012, 06:25:44 am »

We need to fill the last spot...please...
Sig

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2012, 06:44:24 am »

You could always make it an NPC?

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2012, 06:52:08 am »

Ill fill it :).
Name : Lucian.
Race : Wood elf.
Bio : A soldier in hes lords army he was demonstrating how to fire an arrow when the kings son ran into the field. The arrow hit him right between the eyes killing him instantly and he was banished forever.
Weapon : ( If im allowed to choose ) Strong recurve bow , 2 long thin knives.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 10:25:56 pm by mesor »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17