Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: On GoG right now - Do Survey, Get 2 Games For Free  (Read 5845 times)

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
Re: On GoG right now - Do Survey, Get 2 Games For Free
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2012, 11:58:56 am »

For the anecdote, when i was i was on my last education system years, with a group of friends we sometime played a german "paper" RPG named "The Dark Eye" :
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Dark_Eye

It was a very simple system, a bit too simple sometime, so we were writing additional materials, a few years later an expansion was officially released to make the game system more interesting and indepth and giving it more complexity (not as in complexity = difficult but as in complexity = much more polishing and possibilities) but i never played it.

Realms of Arkania is a game that use the system of "The Dark Eye", and even if only for nostalgia sake of that time, i'm very interested :)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2012, 12:15:23 pm »

Sweet, did their survey and actually had some things to say. Love GOG. Hope it murders the Steam / DRM scheme in its sleep and leaves the carcass for the kids to find in the morning. Burned pancake slowly sliding off the breakfast plate, plopping at their feet. The wife beside him isn't awake yet. They had argued the night before.

Steam bought GoG some time ago, I believe.
Love, scriver~

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2012, 12:20:44 pm »

Sweet, did their survey and actually had some things to say. Love GOG. Hope it murders the Steam / DRM scheme in its sleep and leaves the carcass for the kids to find in the morning. Burned pancake slowly sliding off the breakfast plate, plopping at their feet. The wife beside him isn't awake yet. They had argued the night before.
This quote and reply made me chuckle. Crush those hopes Scriver, crush them with good old fashioned capitalism.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2012, 02:48:21 pm »

D:

Grr. Wikipiedia says GOG LTD is owned by CD Projekt RED, which is not owned by another company. Let's hope Valve doesn't conquer the Polish.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2012, 02:52:01 pm »

Although I can't find an article on valve buying gog. Source?

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2012, 03:06:02 pm »

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2012, 03:40:15 pm »

Well, I wrote "I believe" because I wasn't certain. Could be they just laid an offer on it, or it was just a rumour, or I am misremembering it some other way.
Love, scriver~

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2012, 06:19:15 am »

Bumpan again, so people can get a last chance to see this before the offer goes out.
Love, scriver~

justinlee999

• Bay Watcher
  • Unflappably FABULOUS
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2012, 06:43:16 am »

Did anyone get the games? I still haven't gotten them even though I have done the survey.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2012, 07:13:52 am »

Uh, yeah, I realised now I should probably have updated the thread, so sorry for that, I didn't think far enough. The emails will arrive next week.

Quote from: Transcribed from their forum lay out, TheEnigmaticT is a GoG Guy:
Inuboy1000: Didn't he say next week a week ago? That'd mean the deadline would be two weeks which is against what they said at first. Sigh. Oh well. As long as I get it I don't care how long I wait. I'm gonna be enjoying the free game so much, it's awesome. Thanks GOG.

TheEnigmaticT: I don't think we ever actually gave a deadline initially?

Ubivis: To quote the news text: "When completing the survey, enter your e-mail address and we'll be sending you codes for Realms of Arkania 1+2 next week, after the survey is completed."
How I do read it, it says that I get code during this actual week.

TheEnigmaticT: Yeah, it looks like we dun goofed on that. Sorry about it; we'll have it next week.
Love, scriver~

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2012, 08:16:10 am »

I'm sure that was over a week ago (that I did the survey, and I remember what it said). I was wondering why I hadn't gotten an email, but *shrugs*.

Plenty of other stuff to play.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2012, 09:16:21 am »

Yeah, the survey ended Monday the 17th. The survey went on during week 37, an originally it said we were supposed to get the games the week after that, which would have been this week (week 38), but they changed it to to next week again (week 39), so we're not supposed to have gotten any mails. According to current schedule, they're supposed to start sending them on Monday.
Love, scriver~

justinlee999

• Bay Watcher
  • Unflappably FABULOUS
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2012, 12:05:16 pm »

Ah okay, thanks for the clarification, I was worried for a moment there.
Pages: 1 [2] 3