Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What's to come next? Choose your own !!FUN!!

Caravan
Migrants
Siege
(Semi-)Megabeast
LEAVE TEH DORFS ALONE!!!11

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 27

Author Topic: Strike the Earth! [Build A Fortress - Round 10][POLL][WAITLISTS]  (Read 57833 times)

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
Re: Strike the Earth! [Build A Fortress - Round 3]
« Reply #105 on: September 13, 2012, 01:58:42 am »

Also, get Dariush to attempt to train a llama into a WAR LLAMA.
All of my yes.

Also, nice footprints, PA. But I didn't say I want to exchange my axes for wooden ones, you know.  :P

Donut also digs a big temporary warehouse  at the far end of the corridor and rallies all idlers to drag all our stuff there.
Dariush finishes sparring and attempts to make a wooden pickaxe before getting to that llama.

Also, can we please get our skills in the 'dwarves' spoiler?

Also also, I propose an alternative for the control scheme: everyone can make suggestions, but the owner can veto the ones relevant to their dwarf. Seems fair, no?
Editing my action in then. Also, good idea. Then we are all mini-Gm's in a suggestion-RTD. :3
« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 02:00:34 am by Donuts »
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

PlutoniumApe

• Bay Watcher
  • they see me rollin'
    • View Profile
    • Stream Goblin
« Reply #106 on: September 13, 2012, 05:10:06 am »

Lobram make doors for the bedrooms. Carve the face of the dwarf whose room it is on each door as large as possible with an exaggerated expression typical to that dwarf.
Inod should just pick up the axes of mass destruction and process logs into lumber.
Datan suggests to Lobram that he would do the fine carvings while Lobram would just concentrate on carpentry itself.
Donut finishes sparring and digs a plot suitable for plump helmets.
Donut also digs a big temporary warehouse  at the far end of the corridor and rallies all idlers to drag all our stuff there.
Dariush finishes sparring and attempts to make a wooden pickaxe before getting to that llama.
Gobo the Hunter  Gets to popping shots at vultures, after adjusting his aim/sight in the snow with a few test shots. Names dog Wrex.
Gamur:

I'm a little worried about young Gamur  ???
Gamerboy4Life hasn't made a suggestions for his dwarf yet.
He didn't even make one last round. So there's the aforementioned problem.

Also, nice footprints, PA. But I didn't say I want to exchange my axes for wooden ones, you know.  :P
Also, can we please get our skills in the 'dwarves' spoiler?

Also also, I propose an alternative for the control scheme: everyone can make suggestions, but the owner can veto the ones relevant to their dwarf. Seems fair, no?

I felt like it was necessary to defuse that bomb as early as possible  ;D
Maybe you will get skills. Do something worthwhile first

I also remembered: The feathery trees are pines, the other larches. Or the other way around.
So they don't really have leafs - they have needles... which are technically also leafs. Or leaves? Meh.

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 13, 2012, 05:37:13 am »

I suggest that Gamur begins to point out the hopelessness of the venture to no one in particular, while organizing, taking stock of and eventually hauling of the goods in the wagon.

Editsss since i don't want to post again: If you ever want i could play a really derpy incometent villian of some kind =D, this would bring me great pleasure.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 06:07:35 am by Mlamlah »

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 13, 2012, 05:47:36 am »

PTW. I would love to kill these peeps, :D. If you need one, King of the Goblins is here and ready for action.

This is why NPCs need to be baywatchers.

Gamerboy seems to have a life offline, so I like the veto idea, too.  I think GB just wanted a dwarf and a story to come back to.

edit:
The suggestion way keeps everybody engaged... Ill post an unnofficial waitlist.  I believe there were 2.

one bw for migrant.
one for goblin(king).

edit2:
I think we should vote on it:  Can dorf creators veto suggestions on their dorfs?

PA this is what you wanted, just about from get?

whatevr we do we should put this distraction behind us so game can take off.

I vote yay.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 06:04:44 am by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

PlutoniumApe

• Bay Watcher
  • they see me rollin'
    • View Profile
    • Stream Goblin
« Reply #109 on: September 13, 2012, 06:35:31 am »

Lobram make doors for the bedrooms. Carve the face of the dwarf whose room it is on each door as large as possible with an exaggerated expression typical to that dwarf.
Inod should just pick up the axes of mass destruction and process logs into lumber.
Datan suggests to Lobram that he would do the fine carvings while Lobram would just concentrate on carpentry itself.
Gobo the Hunter  Gets to popping shots at vultures, after adjusting his aim/sight in the snow with a few test shots. Names dog Wrex.
Gamur: begins to point out the hopelessness of the venture to no one in particular, while organizing, taking stock of and eventually hauling of the goods in the wagon

Sounds like something I can work with

PTW. I would love to kill these peeps, :D. If you need one, King of the Goblins is here and ready for action.

This is why NPCs need to be baywatchers.

Gamerboy seems to have a life offline, so I like the veto idea, too.  I think GB just wanted a dwarf and a story to come back to.

edit:
The suggestion way keeps everybody engaged... Ill post an unnofficial waitlist.  I believe there were 2.

one bw for migrant.
one for goblin(king).

edit2:
I think we should vote on it:  Can dorf creators veto suggestions on their dorfs?

PA this is what you wanted, just about from get?

whatevr we do we should put this distraction behind us so game can take off.

I vote yay.

I don't mind that Gb4L didn't make a suggestion, as long as other people consider Gamur when making suggestions. I'm also okay with the veto thing, because I never mind fruitful discussions. I would also offer anyone that wants to play a villain to send me a PM, but I fear that I'd eventually disappoint with the whole planning aspect of it. If I had the time I'd do a goblin tower game myself and go crossover - because it's always awesome to have motivation like that. Things are definitely about to get interesting and I hope you all keep in mind that you embarked on a terrifying site - and Gamur will be vital in the long run... if he gets to use his talents

If there are no more suggestions I would probably go and work on the next round.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 13, 2012, 06:40:07 am »

...I'm sorry if I sound nitpicking, but can you please stop bolding random words? It makes text badly readable.

Also, IMO crossover with a goblin tower would be too much, especially since if you split your attention to two games, the quality of this one would inevitably drop. Just put willing people in charge of sieges or ambushes. :)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 13, 2012, 06:59:44 am »

I think he wants some adventerous soul to start it.  me not knowing how to draw period or gm precludes me.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

PlutoniumApe

• Bay Watcher
  • they see me rollin'
    • View Profile
    • Stream Goblin
« Reply #112 on: September 13, 2012, 03:47:18 pm »

Gamur: begins to point out the hopelessness of the venture to no one in particular, while organizing, taking stock of and eventually hauling of the goods in the wagon

Since there have been no more suggestions I'm working with these now. Did not intent to start another game, no.
And I will keep the bolding to a minimum, although I think it's a nice gimmick!

Spoiler: random dorf sketch (click to show/hide)

Dragor23

• Bay Watcher
  • A brazillion of football
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 13, 2012, 03:48:08 pm »

I really like your artstyle!

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 13, 2012, 04:06:01 pm »

<3 <3 THE KITTENS, AND THE LLAMAS <3 <3

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 13, 2012, 06:24:13 pm »

fuckin epic. PTfuckingW. why didn't you tell me you were doing this?

PlutoniumApe

• Bay Watcher
  • they see me rollin'
    • View Profile
    • Stream Goblin
Re: Strike the Earth! [Build A Fortress - Round 4]
« Reply #116 on: September 13, 2012, 06:37:53 pm »

ROUND 4 - BUSINESS AS USUAL

A hectic fight breaks out, but Gobo takes out all the birds, with Wrex doing most of the dirty work. It puzzles him why they are not bleeding, but that must be due to his excellent marksmanship.

Donut grabs a wooden pole before Dariush can take off crafting a wooden pickaxe. They both spar, with Dariush fighting furiously, but Donut manages to keep the upper hand.

Defeated, Dariush takes off to tame a llama for war. The llama is not impressed, but learns a thing or two from his unorthodox methods.

Donut continues his job digging a store room and starts the farm plot.

Since the wood supplies have run low, Datan suggests to work a tree together before going off to craft and carve the planned doors. All agree, since there are enough axes to go around. They manage to produce quite a lot together. Lobram complains about the lack of chairs. And he really needs a drink.

Work takes a little longer now, but Datan manages to engrave all three doors that Lobram produced.

Gamur sets up the two beds and stores all the barrels in the new room. He feels left out and spends copious amounts of time complaining to his new found friend. Donut finishes the room for the farm.

Spoiler: OVERVIEW - HUGE IMAGE (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dwarves (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Lifestock (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Supplies (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: ramblings (click to show/hide)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 13, 2012, 06:40:57 pm »

Gamur should start some farming. He's been lazy lately.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 13, 2012, 07:17:48 pm »

Continue the war llama training program with Dariush.

Hopefully we'll at least be able to use them as watchful eyes should a kobold appear...
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Phlum

• Bay Watcher
  • Above Is my true form, no mortal shall see it!
    • View Profile
    • Idontwanttowork
« Reply #119 on: September 13, 2012, 08:33:05 pm »

Let's send Gobo to go and explore the volcano. See if there are any veins of ore.
So I have spoken, may this thread live long!!

I don't share my age online, no one takes horny 14 year olds seriously.

"dwarf fortress is autism in a game"  -a guy named rick
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 27