Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: The Depression Thread! Woo!  (Read 8058 times)

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Depression Thread! Woo!
« Reply #45 on: September 13, 2012, 03:38:17 am »

I've never been able to beleive in a guiding force myself, but I have always wondered if it would make not knowing what the future holds to be a little bit easier.
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 13, 2012, 03:39:31 am »

Truely, how grand it must be to look at the chaotic mess that is the human condition and see a guiding hand. I envy you, utterly.

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 13, 2012, 03:40:59 am »

Leaving religion behind brought me more happiness than keeping it, honestly.  Religion was a gold mine for self-blame and shame.  Realizing I was the guiding force of my own life brought a lot of happiness into my life.

edit: to each his own though, this life is tough, I won't ridicule anyone for finding happiness where they find it.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 13, 2012, 03:41:56 am »

While I'd be happy to talk off my nut about my belief, and while you can PM me about it if you want to follow it up, this thread is not about theological discussion :P So, back to your regularly scheduled depression!
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 13, 2012, 03:43:10 am »

Fair enough, life sucks =P
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 13, 2012, 03:43:54 am »

Aye aye, a discussion for a very different sort of thread.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 13, 2012, 03:44:34 am »

It was a large contributor in my depression, too. Turns out thinking you're going to hell is bad for your mental health.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 13, 2012, 03:53:27 am »

Yeah I can see that

Mimidormi

• Bay Watcher
  • Magnetite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 13, 2012, 05:39:11 pm »

Coming to terms with depression myself, i have to say this forum and this community have been of great help to me, even though i mainly lurk. I just wanted to thank you.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 13, 2012, 05:40:26 pm »

Coming to terms with depression myself, i have to say this forum and this community have been of great help to me, even though i mainly lurk. I just wanted to thank you.
* kaijyuu huggles
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Mimidormi

• Bay Watcher
  • Magnetite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 13, 2012, 11:18:54 pm »

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 21, 2012, 12:59:13 am »

Woke up feeling like a fuck up today, still haven't quite managed to shake the feeling.... also I can't bring myself to eat the sandwhich I bought mysel...

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 21, 2012, 02:18:22 pm »

I honestly do that some days.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #59 on: September 21, 2012, 03:56:03 pm »

I honestly do that some days.
With carpet that soft...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5