Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: The Depression Thread! Woo!  (Read 8056 times)

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
Re: The Depression Thread! Woo!
« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2012, 03:00:01 am »

That comic is very good for summing up depression for those who may not understand it, however, reading it makes me feel pretty crappy.

Meh. It only reconfirms what I have already felt/have known. I personally can't get any worse.

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2012, 03:00:20 am »

Yeah, I found that happened to me too, but then I had to read all of it
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 13, 2012, 03:09:29 am »

I find it's a very useful thing to link when people go "why can't you just be happy" and such bullshit.

I'm consistently amazed how many people think it's just an attitude thing. As if one can just wake up one day and decide to be happy. No. That's like asking a paralyzed person to wake up one day and be able to walk.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2012, 03:11:30 am »

I find it's a very useful thing to link when people go "why can't you just be happy" and such bullshit.

I'm consistently amazed how many people think it's just an attitude thing. As if one can just wake up one day and decide to be happy. No. That's like asking a paralyzed person to wake up one day and be able to walk.

That's what torques me off most. And it is pretty hard to make me angry.

through vigorous surpression of my negative emotions...

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 13, 2012, 03:21:23 am »

'He said to the paralytic, “Get up, pick up your bed and go home.” And he got up and went home.'
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 13, 2012, 03:23:03 am »

"I see" said the blind man, as he was talking to his deaf friend
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 13, 2012, 03:24:02 am »

Hehehehe. I was more referring to a biblical passage (woo, theology class!).
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 13, 2012, 03:24:43 am »

Hehehehe. I was more referring to a biblical passage (woo, theology class!).

It's intresting stuff, for sure.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 13, 2012, 03:25:16 am »

Yeah I was thinking it was a biblical reference. If you see Jesus walking around curing depression, send him my way.
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 13, 2012, 03:26:06 am »

Hehehehe. Will do my best :P

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 13, 2012, 03:31:01 am »

Man... :(  Yeah explains me a lot :X  I don't see myself as fat as I used to be, but I do use food as a tool to make myself happy more often than I should.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 13, 2012, 03:32:58 am »

Oh, yeah, that's me.

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 13, 2012, 03:33:28 am »

I suppose in a way he probably did, whether he was or was not the messiah he gave a great many people meaning and purpose in their lives, by all accounts some of those people lived pretty crappy lives, i'm sure some of them were depressed.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 13, 2012, 03:35:41 am »

All I can say is that without the Church, I'd be gone already.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 13, 2012, 03:36:53 am »

Viscous cycles :( Food has never been mine but I've had others.

I suppose in a way he probably did, whether he was or was not the messiah he gave a great many people meaning and purpose in their lives, by all accounts some of those people lived pretty crappy lives, i'm sure some of them were depressed.
I don't want to get into a theology discussion but I will say that religion serves as a comfort to many.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5