Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 108

Author Topic: <Syndicate>: Sequel Preparation - Vote on the Sequel's Location!  (Read 144190 times)

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
Re: <Syndicate>: Chapter 24: Contradictions
« Reply #600 on: November 23, 2012, 06:47:47 pm »

((God, will you guys stop trying to put realism into this!? Mesor, you died. That happened. No discussion. The cops are likely to come no matter what you guys do. The Cobardi's are likely our best bet for a blame, as we'd win over the other gang, The Vice Lords England, on our side, as they are in the middle of a feud with them. The Hellriders are 'Volatile' so they would be our next bet for a helpful blame.))
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: November 23, 2012, 06:49:12 pm »

(( But the injuries and situation don't match what would of happened if it had been the hawkson boys, so the cops will investigate and soon work out they were not involved. Hell riders are far easier to frame then Hawkson boys and much lower risk as well. Uhm how are Cobardi's the best bet when hell riders are the gang thats universally hated by everybody. ))

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: November 23, 2012, 06:56:27 pm »

((Mesor. The Hellriders' bio states this: At this point, it's easy for the Syndicate to get on the Hellriders bad or good side, especially the former. We need to make a plan for dealing with these guys A.S.A.P.
This does not mean 'hated by everyone'. Cobardi's would get us on the good side, or even an alliance with the second largest gang here. THAT would help. Their Drug-Running and Pimp business would get us BIG money, if we were in an alliance.))

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: November 23, 2012, 06:58:44 pm »

(( Hellriders: A small motorcycle gang that are the primary smugglers of Licheville. Being as rowdy and provocative as they are, they've managed to be have bad feelings with every exsisting gang in town. The main reason they haven't dissapeared yet is because one of their chief smuggling fields is firearms, and everyone knows they must be packing serious heat.

So basically every gang wants to be rid of them but can't because they have a lot of guns. ))

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: November 23, 2012, 07:07:40 pm »

((Yes, but that doesn't mean that getting rid of them will get us on the good side of EVERY gang. not likely any of them, actually. With the Cobardi, we can be sure we'll get the Vice at least friendly to us.))

Robyn

« Reply #605 on: November 23, 2012, 07:13:05 pm »

(( But they are extreme hard to set up since they have no specific calling card style thing to use, Hawkson boy's it'd just be the bodies battered to ruins with blunt objects, Hell riders it's guns. After that it gets more difficult. ))

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: November 23, 2012, 07:20:05 pm »

((Well, hide the body until we can figure out their calling card. Maybe it's something like they all smoke excessively. The body would have a lit cigarette on it. Or a member's driver's licence fell out in the area.))

Robyn

« Reply #607 on: November 23, 2012, 07:24:33 pm »

(( That could work I guess but you need to get rid of the car, phones and radios fast. All of them can be tracked and they can already trace it back to the pub. So you need to work fast, storing the bodies makes it extremely likely more cops will show up searching for those 3 so you need to have the bodies found fast to divert the cops from you.

Sorry I decided to butt in since this games look interesting :). ))
« Last Edit: November 23, 2012, 07:29:19 pm by Robyn »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: November 23, 2012, 07:47:30 pm »

((Fuck it, let's just do this saint's row style. FUCK YOU EVERYONE, WE GOT THE BIGGEST BOLLOCKS AROUND!))
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: November 23, 2012, 08:53:03 pm »

((Ok, let's just do this: take the bodies in a car (after killing them with Mal's gun), burn them in motor oil, and dump them in Hell Rider territory. Over and done.))
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

GraveHaunter92

• Bay Watcher
  • All legends are true, few are accurate
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: November 23, 2012, 09:17:59 pm »

((Hey, I know that I haven't joined in quite yet but I have to say I like the idea of dumping those bodies in Hell Rider territory ASAP.  Get's them out of our hands and gives the cops a reason to go snooping in an area full of trigger happy biker nuts.  With a little bit of luck, the cops and the Hell Riders will mess each other up for us.))
Jesus must have been guiding him in living out the way of the samurai.

wsoxfan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: November 23, 2012, 09:23:12 pm »

"As we seem to be at an impasse, let's put this issue to a vote amongst the kings of the Syndicate The options are:
A)Kill the officers and dump them in the Cobardi family turf
B)Kill the officers and dump them in the Hawkson Boys turf
C)Kill the officers and dump them in the Long Shou's turf
D)Kill the officers and dump them in the Vice Lord's turf
E)Kill the officers and dump them in the Hellriders turf
F)Keep the officers alive and use them for something(not releasing them)
G)Letting the officers go
H)Other(Please state this)
As Aaron isn't here and has no idea about what has gone down, he's excluded from this vote. I believe the best way to do this would be to act upon whichever option recieves the most votes.
To start, I vote E. Let's come to a conclusion quickly, Gentlemen, before one of the super-soldiers revives."

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: November 23, 2012, 09:34:48 pm »

Everyone keeps referring to the main cop as some sort of Super Soldier. You know why he was hard to kill? He was Level 3 in melee. There are people much stronger, even several hundred people over level ten in melee and a handful over 20.

If it makes you feel any better, all of the guys over 20 don't live in England. :P
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: November 23, 2012, 09:56:45 pm »

Yeah, the spetsnaz and the australian SAS have them all :P
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: November 23, 2012, 10:10:11 pm »

Yeah, the spetsnaz and the australian SAS have them all :P

They have none actually. See the Spetsnaz and SAS have to train their men in a variety of areas. This means they'll have levels in a bunch of different things, maybe some pretty high in melee, but none over 20. The ones over 20, even any over 15, have spent their whole lives training in one or more Martial Arts. For example: There is a guy in China in this game's universe with a Level 20 in Martial Arts/Melee. This means the lowest he can roll is a 5. So with someone who doesn't roll positive modifiers, they have to get a 6 vs. 5 on him, so this means they have a 1 in 36 chance of even hitting him. And a 6 vs. 5 is a good strike, but it won't knock you down. On the other hand, if he rolls a 6, his modifier puts him at a 6+4=10. Let me just say, if you get hit with a 10 in this game, without rolling above an 7 or above, you will die instantly.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2012, 10:21:09 pm by TCM »
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 108