Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 108

Author Topic: <Syndicate>: Sequel Preparation - Vote on the Sequel's Location!  (Read 144217 times)

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
Re: <Syndicate>: Chapter 23: Melodrama
« Reply #540 on: November 19, 2012, 09:18:43 pm »

(( Not part of the discussion, but how would he get them down the tunnel in the first place? Wouldn't they probably get suspicious about why he was bringing them down there in the first place? ))
((Just tell them that's where the money was.))

((You ambushed them in a place where they could spread out and use their weaponry without fear of hurting each other. Get them where they can't maneuver and use said skills, where your men can just crush them.))

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: November 19, 2012, 09:23:19 pm »

(( The basement would of been even bigger then the main room of the bar, so it would of had even more space for them and they'd still have know something was wrong the moment they walked into a basement full of men waiting for them.
The only way to set an ambush without it being blatantly obvious was to do it in the pub itself. ))

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: November 19, 2012, 09:25:12 pm »

(( The basement would of been even bigger then the main room of the bar, so it would of had even more space for them and they'd still have know something was wrong the moment they walked into a basement full of men waiting for them.
The only way to set an ambush without it being blatantly obvious was to do it in the pub itself. ))
((Tunnels, not basement. There's also the stairwell. That could have been another ambush point.))

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: November 19, 2012, 09:26:19 pm »

(( Meh but the same problem, choke point where my gang members have to fight far superior fighters 1v1. They'd have riped my men up 1 at a time, the tunnel would never work nobody is stupid enough to follow a criminal into a tunnel. ))

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: November 19, 2012, 09:28:46 pm »

((Tell them the money isn't in the pub because it wouldn't be safe there. Tell them it's downstairs.))

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: November 19, 2012, 09:30:57 pm »

(( It all comes back to the same problem, an ambush on the stairs is possible but a choke point is a bad thing when the enemy has superior skill. It'd be impossible to ambush them in the cave since they'd know it was coming the moment they saw a room full of people, no way would they be stupid enough to go into the tunnel plus why should they? You'd have had no choice but to go down and get the money since otherwise you were doomed. So it was either pub where an ambush was possible or stairs. ))

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: November 19, 2012, 09:34:11 pm »

((So, the stairs, assuming the tunnel is out. Lurk at the bottom, out of sight. Have your men push them down it. Stab them when they're falling.))

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: November 20, 2012, 06:16:37 pm »

((On a side note, I'm going to drop the cops in the Hawkson Boy's territory, but if all else fails, we're bringing the bodies through the tunnel.))
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: November 20, 2012, 06:17:45 pm »

(( You may wanna kill them first, unless you want them turning in 3/4 of the syndicate :). ))

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: November 20, 2012, 06:19:31 pm »

(( You may wanna kill them first, unless you want them turning in 3/4 of the syndicate :). ))

((Oh, the cops won't be alive, don't worry.))
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: November 20, 2012, 06:20:13 pm »

(( By the way, read the Hawkson description we got again first, you have a flaw in the plan to drop the bodies on them.

The Hawkson Boys: An Irish Gang composed of over 500 members. They are the biggest and arguably most influential of all the gangs in Licheville. While the Cobardi deters the police with bribes, the Hawkson do it with intimidation. They brawl, extort, loot, and generally do whatever they want. A small fight to them is when they "only" bring along 50 boys. They've literally destroyed entire gangs before by attacking them en masse in a huge brawl. While overall terrifying, the Hawkson follow two strict laws: They all remain strong Catholics, and they never will use firearms.

You picked the one gang that completely refuses to use guns to drop the body of a cop who's been shot on :). ))
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 07:11:38 pm by mesor »

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: November 20, 2012, 07:27:05 pm »

((Back to the Hellriders, then. That was my original plan.))

wsoxfan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: November 20, 2012, 08:07:39 pm »

((There's another problem. If we can't catch Sean and bring him back here, then we're fucked either way. He will go to the cops, and they'll learn about our location. As such, after this turn, I'm going to scout out the other locations we originally considered for a back-up base.))

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: November 20, 2012, 08:09:19 pm »

(( No he won't grab Paul, him and Paul are friends, plus he had men with him who remained loyal if he tries to report you guys they can bury him in the process so no point him turning you in.

Seriously read the information on them all and my old moves, I planned ahead in case any tried to bail everything you need to know is in the old turns and the initial info. ))
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 08:12:28 pm by mesor »

wsoxfan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: November 20, 2012, 09:36:13 pm »

(( No he won't grab Paul, him and Paul are friends, plus he had men with him who remained loyal if he tries to report you guys they can bury him in the process so no point him turning you in.

Seriously read the information on them all and my old moves, I planned ahead in case any tried to bail everything you need to know is in the old turns and the initial info. ))
((If he goes to the police for protection from the syndicate(which would be the most likely) he'd likely trade his knowledge of what happened in exchange for his getting off on charges and being protected. Trust me, if we can't catch him, then we should consider the police to know everything he knows.))

EDIT: on a more related note, when will the replacement be called in? I'd rather that they create a new character in the gang, but that they take over a pre-existing character(Doug or Mal for example)
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 108