Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 108

Author Topic: <Syndicate>: Sequel Preparation - Vote on the Sequel's Location!  (Read 144302 times)

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
Re: <Syndicate>: Chapter 14: Promotion!
« Reply #360 on: October 31, 2012, 05:51:50 pm »

Dave leaves the market after mentally marking its location and continues looking for good spots.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: <Syndicate>: Chapter 15: Fight of the Century
« Reply #361 on: October 31, 2012, 06:58:33 pm »

Chapter 15: Fight of the Century

Grab some minions, look for some resturants in need of protection. Offer it.

William heads back to the basement. He yells out, "I need some soldiers!" They all stare at him. One asks, "Who are you?"

"COME GET ME YOU FUCKING [REDACTED]!"

Scramble up that fire escape!

Alex runs to the fire escape, the Cobardi hot on his tail. "He just called me redacted! No one fucking calls me redacted!...Hey guys, what's redacted mean?" (1) As Alex reaches his hand out to grab the fire escape, another hand grabs him and pulls him back. (5 vs. 2+1) As Alex struggles out of one Cobardi's grip, another punches him straight in the nose. "That's what you get for calling me a redacted!" (1+1 vs. 4) Alex tries twisting out of the hold, almost getting free. The Cobardi lets go by shoving Alex into a wall. (2 vs. 5+1) The same Cobardi strikes at Alex's back, but the Syndicate man is able to turn around quickly and block him. (2+1 vs. 6) Alex lunges at his attackers but gets shoved back into the brick wall again. Damn wall. (2 vs. 1+1) Punches are thrown, but Alex raises his arms and blocks them. His arms take a bit of a beating, but so do the fists of his attackers. (4+1 vs. 1) Alex finally manages to get a good dodge in as one Mafia-wannabe punches at him, and ends up punching the wall. "Aw fuck!" He clutches his hand in pain, and Alex takes the opportunity to grab his face and smash it into a wall. He makes some gross noises as his face slides down the bricks, leaving splotches of blood. A second Cobardi lunges at Alex, but he retaliates by kicking him in the torso, sending him sprawling back. (5 vs. 4+1) The third Cobardi, the only one injured tackles Alex. The two are knocked to the ground in a grapple-fest.

Start at the legs and work myself up!

A large crowd gathers for the Final Match. It begins!

(Intuition: 6 vs. 5) Both boxers are fast, but Aaron manages to strike at Nikolo first. (5+1 vs. 6+1) Aaron punch is fast, but Nikolo moves even faster. Woah, this guy is agile! (2 vs. 3+1) He swings at Aaron, but the shorter boxer ducks under the attack. (1+1 vs. 1+6) Aaron jabs hard, but Nikolo swats Aaron's attack away, leaving the Syndicate boxer off balance! (3+1 vs. 3+1-1) Aaron puts his hands up to block Nikolo's attack, and it works, but Aaron's arm is left sore after getting smashed by the taller man. (2+1 vs. (2+1 vs. 3+1) Aaron works his old strategy of trying to get behind, but Nikolo sees this coming and goes in for a quick attack. (1+1 vs. 1+1) Both men run into each other, sending them both stumbling back. With a lower center of gravity, Aaron recovers first and goes in for an attack. (5+1 vs. 5+1) Nikolo counter charges, and they end up ramming into each other again! One spectator comments about comparing this to a bull fight. (3+1 vs. 4+1) Nikolo launches an overhand bash at Aaron, but Aaron takes the opportunity to get behind Nikolo. (5 vs. 4+1) Aaron strikes at Nikolo's back, but before he can land, Nikolo spins around and blocks. (4 vs. 2) Nikolo punches and actually manages to strike Aaron, this time hard in the right shoulder! With one that stung, Aaron goes for a counter, (1 vs. 5+1) but comes face-to-face with another of Nikolo's lighting hooks! (4+1 vs. 6+1) Aaron jets his head back to avoid being hit, and closes in further, aiming to use his tighter stature to get inside Nikolo's range. (5+1 vs. 1) Aaron unleashes all he's got with high punches, bashing in Nikolo's stomach and chest areas. Nikolo's legs buckle in response, and Aaron goes for another opportunity! (5+1 vs. 5) Nikolo recovers, but not fast enough as Aaron literally does a jumping uppercut straight out of a video game! It connects with Nikolo's chin directly, sending the giant toppling over. The crowd gasps and then goes wild. As the ref starts counting, Nikolo tries getting up, but no one of his size that's fallen this hard would be able to get up quickly. "...Four!....Five! We have a winner!" He lifts up Aaron's arm. The crowd cheers.

Aaron has won the Boxing Tournament!
+240$, "Licheville Boxing Champion" Title
Melee Skill increased to Level 5!

"goddammit, is there no fecking afforable computers in this town? I'll tell Mal and Doug to give me what they got. That should be enough for one of these."

Jason goes back to ask Mal and Doug for some cash. They're back in the Pub Basement. As he asks, Lucas is there to tell him something...

Gather up all the money from all of my men then have them all join me for a drink, Assign the 1 new man to each mugger group and the final 2 new men to my bodyguard, then buy drinks for all of my men and women. Also say this to Jason.

Sorry but this money is spoken for, I've got a lot of men who need equipment, your welcome to join a group next time they go out and take your share but nobody here gets money for free and everybody get a fair share.

After the drinks have the group form up ready for new instructions and initiate the 4 newbies.

Lucas collects the total of 388$ dollars. An 1 man is given to each mugging collective. 2 of the burlier ones are added to Lucas's bodyguard. He then goes upstairs and buys drinks, (-50$) for his crew. There are cheers and laughter. He then talks to Jason and tells him that the money in his 'group' belongs to them.

After the celebration, the group prepares for more instruction. Lucas initiates the four men that came with him, causing another small celebration.
+4 Footsoldiers!

((By the way, has Lucas been wearing his mask the whole time?))

William then barges in and requests for footsoldiers. Lucas's army is a bit confused, one of them asking him, "Who's that guy?"

"Hey!, anyone found any other gang bases?"
Look to see if i have the blueprints for the house with the meth lab.

Well, it's not a house, it's an apartment. But same idea.

Mason realizes he's back at the base, where they don't have a computer system yet, so he can't do a search here. However, it seems Jason is pining to get a computer.

"Yeah, thanks. I had a bit of a walk." Go inside, have drink, milk guy for more info (how far from Lichville, etc.) If he asks how I got here, lie like a lying lier on meth.

Jackson proceeds inside to have a drink with the farmer. "You have any milk?" "Sure do." Jackson gets a tall glass poured for him. "So, how far is this place from Licheville?" "Licheville huh? Well...I'd say a good 10 kilometers or so. You came all the way from there I assume? People from there don't come around here that often, we mainly get city folk from the port cities. Say, where are my manners! I'm Durnham! And what's your name?"

Dave leaves the market after mentally marking its location and continues looking for good spots.

Dave takes the Market's address down in his head and exits it, looking for more spots. (4) He spots a shack a few blocks away. Good location, though it looks like it's currently occupied by a few residents....

The Bartender walks downstairs. "I have some news for you all. First of, that bobby you ran into William, he left a note, saying that he's coming in (5 Turns) and he's bumped the price up to 750$. The Hawkson Boys left a spray-painting on an apartment down the street, bastards. Wonder what's up with them. Also, some boys from the Lou Shen are upstairs, don't you know them? That's all. Also, can I have my cut?"

Currently, the Pub Master's cut would be 13.60$.

Spoiler: Syndicate (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Kings (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 07:20:32 pm by TCM »
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: October 31, 2012, 07:06:02 pm »

Explain about the whole being one of the bosses things. Try and get some soldiers, also research poisons that can be transfered via skin contact.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: October 31, 2012, 07:09:23 pm »

Dave looks around for rival gang activity.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: October 31, 2012, 07:10:35 pm »

((Makes sense that I pulled a 'Punch out!' move, considering I always think of it when I use the name Aaron in a game.))
Walk out triumphantly, trying to avoid further fighting. Get back to the Pub and rest up. Maybe get some information of jobs around town.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: October 31, 2012, 07:17:21 pm »

Instruct all the current soldiers to only accept orders from me then give each of the men £10 and give the Knight £15.
"I am one of a group of bosses, while they all out rank you that does not matter you all work for me, if they give you any orders that involve leaving the base or contradict my own orders then you disregard the orders they gave you and return to the base to wait for me ok? I'll make sure you all get your fair shares and that you get promotions as you earn them but to do that you need to stay with me. It's also safer for all of you if your orders come from one person alone so you always know who is your boss. This is your first share, the more you all bring in the larger the share you'll all get and remember, your loyalty to me will be well rewarded.

Grab Paul and tell him
"Take your 3 and go with William he's another one of your superiors in the syndicate, consider this another assignment your to watch his back and look suitably threatening then return here and await further orders from me once  he's done with the protection racket clear? Also if he gives you orders that you think are likely to result in the deaths of your group then it is up to you if you obey them or if you ignore them and return here to wait for me, so use your head I want you to be loyal but I need you to be alive for that."

Turn to William
"You have 4 men take good care of them I want them back in one piece, I have work for them to do so don't get them into any fights if you can avoid it. The man in charge of the group I'm sending with you is Paul let me know how he does.

Turn to Sean
"Take your lot back out and continue as before, report back in 6 hours, if you get the chance to grab a member of another gang who is alone and who is not one of the Chinese guy's then go ahead and bring them in but keep there head covered, no names and do not allow them to see your faces they can not know who any of us are clear?

Tell Doug and Mal
If you can find a computer store with light security then hit it and bring back a few of the best computers, same as before no killing, nobody sees faces and if possible bring back a vehicle as well I think we're gonna need it. If you can't find a good store then find a drug's store and take as many medical supplies as you can but be sure it's security is light, do both if you can but be back here in 6 hours with the haul.

Fyfe
Continue training your student and learning yourself, were gonna need you sooner or later so be ready.

Give the pub master he's cut and ask him to keep an ear out for people looking for work or anything else of interest then head up to meet the Lou Shen boy's and have my guards stick with me, once I approach them say the following
"Good day friends my name is Leon I believe you know one of my associates, do you have something that we can help you with?

« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 07:42:17 pm by mesor »

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: October 31, 2012, 07:56:43 pm »

Hey Mesor, is Lucas in a mask or not?
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: October 31, 2012, 07:58:32 pm »

(( Oh sorry forgot bout that, no he's not at the moment thats only if he's doing something illegal :) ))
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 08:00:45 pm by mesor »

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: October 31, 2012, 08:07:24 pm »

"Jackson, thanks" Look at watch/clock "Oh god, I'm gonna be late. One more question... know about any gangs operating around here? Its a big problem back in Lichville..." Ask, get up, shake, leave back to the tunnels.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: October 31, 2012, 08:10:49 pm »

Thump these wannabes, british-style!
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: November 01, 2012, 03:18:04 am »

"I support the computr idea, i need my blueprints fix!"
Go check the hawkson boys out in the only sensible way, knock on the door.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: November 01, 2012, 07:16:42 pm »

Wsoxfan...

wsoxfan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: November 01, 2012, 11:59:56 pm »

(goddamit)
"Lucus, I'd like to go with Doug and Mal. I'll know what computer we'll need."

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: November 02, 2012, 04:33:28 am »

"They are gonna get a few and they are going to rob the store not to go shopping, you'd only get in the way but by all means go ahead just stay out of the way so they can do the job and leave they have work to do."

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: November 02, 2012, 05:56:01 pm »

I'm going to idle Wsoxfan. Turn coming soon...

EDIT: I'm stupid. Sorry Wsoxfan.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 06:28:17 pm by TCM »
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 108