Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

A new drunken world is imminent. Should we try a modded world?

Yes!
No!
I am small and neutral, like Switzerland

Pages: 1 ... 264 265 [266] 267 268 ... 341

Author Topic: !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! [We Hath Become Death, the Destroyers of Worlds]  (Read 1198538 times)

Camulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! [Nu World: Welcoming All Newcomers to Funky Town]
« Reply #3975 on: November 03, 2015, 08:46:45 am »

*wishes Yoink luck under duress*

Enjoy yer whiskey ye lucky bastard.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3976 on: November 03, 2015, 08:51:12 am »

11:49 AM

I am drunk enough that .... I can;t remember. There was smething importNt that didn't seem to remember any more, but I can't remember anymore. That was supposed to say "matter", by the way. I kinda get the feeling that I am ready to begin mu turn. Don't worry, I have lplenty ove booze left to finish it.

This is what I bein with . About to press unpause. Wish me pluck, LUCK,Iwill need t.

11:53 unpeausing right now

Oh fuck, some unnnamed dude was immediately poossed possessed.
Perhaps I shall clim him as my ow dorf (all Yoinks seem to be dead) if he succceeeds.

...He ca claimed a craftswarf's  workshop. Hope this turns out goo.d

I am feeling far drunker far quickker than I exapected to be. Ogh ooh gods. This is harfer than it loooks, believe me.

11:57 PM

You kno whwat? I'm going to dorf that guy anyway. He/she is still running ff it in search of materials, but they are now mah dorf anyway.
Hopefully tey turn out to be awesome and/or ossim.   Or "Uh-siiiiiiiim", as a recet friend of mine would say. Goood times, good times,.

Edit: Waiting for muy recently o dorc DORFED dorf to claim a waorkshop. It is 12:01 am here.
Fpr a terrifying moment I thought I had dorfed the wrong dwarf in my drunkeness, but it turns out ir is ass ALL okay.
Hopefffully dueface gets their shit together

Holy fuck I think this is drunker than I have ever been of a Drunk Fortreesss turn before.
I am fucking up all over the place. I havehalf a beer and a bit of whiskey and coke right in front of me, rady to drink. This is going to be insane. Oh gods.

12:05 am :
eez, the dorf version of me is ugly as fuck. I think he just begam  amysterious contruction, though. Hopefully he dies so I can dorf a prefttier dorf as my dorf. (I saw that typo, I just didn't correct it 'cause them's the rules)

12:09 AM (16th moonstone IG)

It seems no-ne expcecpt Kamin is training tright niw.. *NOW in this squad, at least.
I will try and reform out military, but who knows if I will success,. 

12:12 AM

Vc7c

Cuk yeah you motherfucker!S
I jus t created a thing.

fuck, that is really large as an image, sin't it? I will fix it later, I promise. Right now I need to finish m berr an drink the rest of thisk bourbon/whiskeyt before I sober up.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
O need to pee now.

12:18 AM: Wow, I know I am drunk right now. I was strumbling all over the toilet (restrooom/water closet for you filthy foregners, not the actual toilet itself....)

Well. Tiem to keep on playng.

(I ony ONLY correct typos wen it is to do with dates/times, for what it's wottyh. That seems important for th reader.

I was going to ask "isk there any reason that o all our stuff like workshops) is so far apart, but then I realised I would probably be better off kust drining more.

12:25 AM / 13rd Moonstone: Holy shit, I just tealised it is only a little bit before Winter. I will make it to next sring (as in not this one) or die trhying... hopefully I don't pass out along the way.

12:39: Awww.... I only

I tried to save a dorf sa named Cual  Camulustheinheriot, but tey died nayway. o a fi giant fucking frog. :(
this makes me sad. I'll do bettter in future, I promise. I am not sure what I'm istening to anymore..

12:43: windows Help opened just now.. somehow.... I think that means I need another shot.

12:49 Am
oh shit, this new mayor dude 'Vyro' just prohibited the export of helms.. ogood this thing I didnt heave any of those to trade, then.

12:53: I can't find the screen where I tellll the manager to do stuff... oh well I willl go take a leak instead.

12:58 Am Oh god axe kamin and axe Shouke are attacking each other.
They might be just aparrng but I don't sthink so cince the icon isn't blue.

....Oh wait, yes it is. vermine. NEVERMIND.

Gioood job whoever managed to set this miliatary up drunk. I canno get my dwarves to spar whilst sober....

1:03 AM: I just went and heck checked and made sure alll of our kitchens/stils are makiing stuff. Apparently j thye allw ere already, but I stilll fel feel pretty proud of myself. Now I am going to go make mysefl some instant nooodle s to celelbrate, hobo hopefully the foretress deoesn't die in the meantime.   

Edit:
Here is a picture of part of the fort just in case it allll dies before I get back.

5th Obosiodian/ 1:19AM:
I'm back, with my nice and spicy noodle, and it seems like nothing much has happened. The fort hasn;t crumbled or anything, ASorry to disappoint.

I will drink the rest of my whiskey and coke right now as a penace. 

1:25 AM: Jeez we seemto have a lot of unmemorialized dead folks, and a fair few ghosrs as well... I shall drink another beer to their memory (as peeps start carving memrials for them)

One of them is Yoink, that;s pretty tripppy eh> Notthe ccurrent Yoink, though.

19th Obsidiian / 1:39 Am

It seems like everything is going pretty weelll, expect we don't have enough slabs built/placed. I am trying to remembdy this, expect I can;t find my botte opener. I vaguely remember it falling or clattering across the room eralier , butI can't find it now. Mauy be I need some more noodle...

1:45: Fuck, Ican't find my n bottle opener. I know I brougt one in here somewhere, but I am too drunk to find it. I uess ince I'm up I might as welll pour myself another johnny walker nd coke, eh> ? ;)

1:53 am

Hey I am back, with some diroti doritos (which I alreadu ate) and a noter cup of whskey n coke.
There isnt much to report ging on t in the game at the moment, I am just struggling to get alll our ghost deslth with,
i think I will try to drnk the rest of this nw... wait, I have al,most an entire year to get throug. I should save t it for later.
Right now, I will save the game.

2:01 AM / 4th ranite 168

Urh, I just wafndered out into the kitchen, forgeot what I was oookig, for, came back in here then remember what I was doing, went back out and grabbed the goddamn bottle opener I was looking for. Not sure what happened to the last one I had.... it has probally ended up on the floor somewhere in heere.
I also ate a bit of broniw that someone left on the kitchen bench. Wierd.

In other newds, Sring has arrived. I will tr and ake it through another year but who knows if I will be able to.

2:15 AM Vyro the imposter ust done claimed a workship and is gonna craft us something. What a legend. Hpefully he he/she soedn't go insane.
In other news I am trying not to falll alseep right no. I should probably vchug this whiskey+coke, eh>> ?

Edit: 2:20 Am: Wow, I just anaged to order a whoele bunch of slabs to be made (fpr the dead people y'know), I am pretty proud of myself. I thinkrather than cracking/ drinkig this fresh cup of whisley and kcoke I will crac open another beer instead.
I am listening to Hooded Menace right now. Their new album is insanely enjoyabke.

2.24 am Here is a new screenshotl since Y'all are porbably getting bored of my rambling. 

I also just managed to open my next berrr. You guys should be proud of me!

2:39 Am I am back to listening to jazz. Mmmmm.
Also I'm amking some bedrooms since I dunno what else needs to be done. I willl problemly a expand the military next.

Yeeee boiiiiiiiiii

2:43 I guess I should get mr newskilllsz to try and make some stone craft stuff. God thing we have three or more craftsdwarfs worksops. cuz I couldn't be botherered assigning people to each one or w/e. It is only mis sprong goddamn.

3:08 Am, 19th Slate 168
 Aw noes, one of the Shor'ks doe rised a s a ghost.....

Edit: I'm still makng my way through my assortment of beers, don't you worru.
Aftre I finish this one I will chug the cup of JW and coke I have sitting on my desj.. Thats gonna be brutal. >.> 

3:25 am
we be outta wood, I gonn agetr us some more

...I should also rpobably drink that aforementoned wiskey and coke.. RIP me.

Edt: Oh shit, some dude, was just found drowned... toata;;u wasn TOTA::LLY WASN'T MY FAULT.
I will drink that w&c just to make up for it. 

...Well, it looks like I fell asleep. It is now 6:25 AM.
It also appears that I spilled part of that whiskey and coke on my desk at some point. Oh well.

Here is the save, hopefully it works: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=11256
« Last Edit: November 03, 2015, 03:46:39 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3977 on: November 04, 2015, 03:07:30 am »

Wow, I barely remember any of that. :o
I think I need a medal for making it through a seven-hour workday just a few hours after. (Not that I got much work done, mind.)

I should probably check if the save works.
Booze is Life for Yoink

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #3978 on: November 04, 2015, 03:45:11 pm »

Why are there symbols of Chaos all over the fort?

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3979 on: November 04, 2015, 05:21:13 pm »

Time for exterminatus, somebody PM Wrex.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Vyro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3980 on: November 06, 2015, 10:16:59 am »

Why are there symbols of Chaos all over the fort?

Because our Armok the BLOOD GOD needs more praise and worship, and there was too little BLOODSHED in that fortress to justify. I also took the liberty of offering a few hundred iron BATTLE axes to Armok to make the BLOOD GOD not hate us too much. And I also arranged for a priesthood of BATTLE acolytes to support our plight. Call upon Omnicide #1 and Omnicide #2 any time to save the day with excessive violence! Praise be to Armok! Blood for the Blood God!

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #3981 on: November 08, 2015, 09:09:17 am »

"Sometimes I need a drink, but I can control myself."
Rofl!  What a cool thing for him to say.
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3982 on: November 08, 2015, 08:10:17 pm »

I know, right? I didn't even realise how amusingly apt that was until the next day, haha.
Booze is Life for Yoink

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3983 on: November 09, 2015, 05:59:11 pm »

When this fort inevitably dies the next one should be modded :P

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3984 on: November 09, 2015, 06:18:15 pm »

I'll probably take a turn on Wednesday evening.
My mentioning it now is in no way an advertisement for this tandem Civilization forum game and D&D 5e campaign I just announced that is currently taking applications, I'm making this post SOLELY to announce my possible upcoming Drunk Fortress turn. Just wanted to be clear about that.
#ShamelessSelfPromotion
#ShorkIsLegion
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #3985 on: November 09, 2015, 10:13:06 pm »

My mentioning it now is in no way an advertisement for this tandem Civilization forum game and D&D 5e campaign I just announced that is currently taking applications, I'm making this post SOLELY to announce my possible upcoming Drunk Fortress turn. Just wanted to be clear about that.
#ShamelessSelfPromotion
#ShorkIsLegion
That ranks high on the list of awesome things I'll sadly never have time for.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3986 on: November 09, 2015, 10:21:16 pm »

#ShamelessSelfPromotion
#ShorkIsLegion
That ranks high on the list of awesome things I'll sadly never have time for.
Not even the Civilization game? It's play-by-post, you'd basically need to spend a few minutes once every three days...
Not that I'm trying to recruit players from other threads or forum sections or anything
« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 10:53:33 pm by shoruke »
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3987 on: November 11, 2015, 11:38:36 am »

PRAISE KHORNE !

In other words, sup. I mostly forgot about you guys. I will try to take a turn sometime. It will certainly include magma and narcolepsy because I haven't get really drunk in quite a while, as opposed to slightly boozed up.

I'm sorry  ::)

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3988 on: November 11, 2015, 08:12:03 pm »

I'm starting my turn!
Or rather, I'm failing to. The .zip file Yoink posted only has a 'current' folder, not an actual fortress save.
oh wait, that folder is empty.

YOINK YOU MOTHERFUCKER, YOU UPLOADED AN EMPTY ZIP

So...
options...

Use previous save with same fort...
yell fuck it and make a new world and new fort...
yell at Yoink until he FIXES IT...

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3989 on: November 11, 2015, 08:16:24 pm »

I went and got an older save .fRom...
pfffft iduunno

I'm up to like 3 shots of coconut rum (and a bunch of Sunny D), so I'll be ready to play soon :P
Pages: 1 ... 264 265 [266] 267 268 ... 341