Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18

Author Topic: Devlogs from 2050  (Read 46287 times)

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
Re: Devlogs from 2050
« Reply #240 on: September 23, 2013, 11:10:43 pm »

BUGFIX: Found a typo in the time-independent Schrödinger equation that was causing wagons to emit high energy gamma radiation at temperatures below freezing. Bose-Einstein condensates should form properly now as well.
BUGFIX: Finally nailed down the cause of the exponential growth bug in creatures that reproduce asexually. Turns out they were able to reproduce with less material than they created, causing infinite growth. Bacterial infection rates and viral disease rates should be back down to intended levels.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: September 24, 2013, 01:46:09 am »

Havok integration is moving along smoothly, although I still can't stop dwarven brains from flying out of their skulls when they come to a sudden stop. For now I've just disabled gravity on them, but you'll still occasionally get dwarves dropping dead from their brain bouncing against the inside of their skull.

On a happier note, index of refraction is now fully simulated, although prisms of certain dimensions tend to magnify sunlight one thousandfold and spread it in all directions, resulting in many pages of "The ____ is melting!" and "The ____ is on fire!".
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Codyo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: December 09, 2015, 04:03:48 am »

December 9th, 2050
Major Changes:
* CPR Labor added. Doctors can now attempt to resuscitate the recently dead citizens and save them at a very low chance.

December 10th, 2050
Bug Fixes:
* Doctors no longer attempt to resuscitate a headless corpse.

guessingo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: December 10, 2015, 09:15:17 pm »

Performance Fix: Improved performance when fortress population reaches 1 million. Toady remembers the days when PCs could barely handle 200 dwarves.

Future of the Fortress: Toady still has not learned how to handle threading even though there are CPUs with 10000 cores on them. AIs on the internet troll Toady and his lack of coding skills. The AIs say they can thread it for him, but he won't let them.

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #244 on: December 10, 2015, 10:21:43 pm »

December 9th, 2050
Major Changes:
* CPR Labor added. Doctors can now attempt to resuscitate the recently dead citizens and save them at a very low chance.

December 10th, 2050
Bug Fixes:
* Doctors no longer attempt to resuscitate a headless corpse.

The zombies are now gone. Phew!
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Martin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: December 11, 2015, 02:27:23 am »

Feature: Reverted to 2D. 3D introduced too many bugs, performance issues.

Nullsrc

• Bay Watcher
  • A Euclidean Plane Crash
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: December 11, 2015, 07:56:02 am »

This hotfix also cuts down on the number of accidental deaths from internal bleeding, in which getting punched in the gut in-game caused your real organs to rupture. Seems like it was a single pointer gone bad. In any event, you can go back to using your neural implant headset instead of your 1990s keyboard.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: December 11, 2015, 08:36:52 am »

This hotfix also cuts down on the number of accidental deaths from internal bleeding, in which getting punched in the gut in-game caused your real organs to rupture. Seems like it was a single pointer gone bad. In any event, you can go back to using your neural implant headset instead of your 1990s keyboard.

You actually used your keyboards?
Spoiler: How quaint! (click to show/hide)

Nullsrc

• Bay Watcher
  • A Euclidean Plane Crash
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: December 11, 2015, 08:49:15 am »

You actually used your keyboards?

Yeah, I know. Had to go and actually find something that uses USB2. How did they even make that tech work back then? Those keyboards were awful... Who even thought something like Q W E R T Y U I O P was a good idea, anyway?

Ysyua

• Bay Watcher
  • .- ... - .-. ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: December 11, 2015, 09:39:33 am »

Who even thought something like Q W E R T Y U I O P was a good idea, anyway?

People who sold typewriters. Colemak will prevail!
Quote from: Ysyua
I had a trog give birth while scaling a wall. Just before one of my crossdorfs loosed a bolt at her. The trog baby drowned.
They said the walls were impregnable. You didn't have to prove me wrong by giving birth on them.

• Bay Watcher
  • Heresy will not be tolerated
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: December 30, 2015, 08:59:35 pm »

Do you know what's the most interesting thing about this entire thread? Everyone has over the years assumed that Toady will still be developing DF alone. Everyone.
We have a rich tradition of percussion instruments as well, all of which are based around a musician smacking variously sized hollow rocks.
It was quite brutal actually. Who knew you could suffer major head trauma from undergarments?

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: December 30, 2015, 09:16:46 pm »

Do you know what's the most interesting thing about this entire thread? Everyone has over the years assumed that Toady will still be developing DF alone. Everyone.
Why is that interesting? It's a solo project that he's spent 10 years (14?) by himself (with Threetoe) developing, why not another 34?

--More interesting is the number of people who assume Toady will get bored of fantasy and change DF into some sort of SF game

• Bay Watcher
  • Heresy will not be tolerated
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: December 30, 2015, 09:27:22 pm »

Why is that interesting? It's a solo project that he's spent 10 years (14?) by himself (with Threetoe) developing, why not another 34?

--More interesting is the number of people who assume Toady will get bored of fantasy and change DF into some sort of SF game
Well, it just shows the fact that Toady is a constant. His status as "developer" is unchallenged. The fact that you don't find that curious is another perfect example of that.

But I do agree on the Science Fiction bit. Whilst I imagine conquering space elves with dwarven power armor would be awesome, that's not really Dwarf Fortress, is it?
We have a rich tradition of percussion instruments as well, all of which are based around a musician smacking variously sized hollow rocks.
It was quite brutal actually. Who knew you could suffer major head trauma from undergarments?

Blastbeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: December 31, 2015, 07:31:56 am »

*Fixed the bug where lungfish were being used as currency. Lungfish monarchs can no longer be used to buy goods from trade caravans, but I still haven't found what allows lungfish to be crowned as monarchs in the first place.

*Tweaked demon behavior so they no longer flee the map when adamantine veins are breached.

*Tweaked elf behavior so they no longer propose marriage to forgotten beasts. Just to be sure, I tweaked forgotten beast behavior so they can't accept marriage proposals at all. My options were this or disable inter-species breeding entirely. Never again.

*Horses no longer inherently outnumber members of their respective civilizations.
I don't know how it all works, I just throw molten science at the wall and see what ignites.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: December 31, 2015, 01:04:29 pm »

I think a lot of us (myself included) weren't actually being serious, and were really just trying to be funny and/or amuse ourselves.
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18