Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 18

Author Topic: Devlogs from 2050  (Read 46348 times)

vdpk7

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Devlogs from 2050
« Reply #75 on: September 12, 2012, 04:21:04 pm »

- Space adaptation has been implemented.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 12, 2012, 04:51:30 pm »

-Fixed dwarves imploding from oversized beards requiring more containing space than space suits could provide, which caused dwarves to attempt space expeditions with their beards hanging out of their helmets.
They now explode instead.

-Added: blood and gore spattering on spaceship consoles now clog up the mechanics of the spaceships. This makes in-ship combat much more dangerous.

*two days later*

-Fixed blood and gore that was too close to nuclear power cells achieving sentient life. There will no longer be blood puddles going around strangling dwarves in cryostasis.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 12, 2012, 05:20:35 pm »

Dwarves should no longer develop space travel without electricity. I would have left it in, but the steam-powered spaceships lead to unplayability due to crashes. As in, they would crash into your fortress with alarming frequency.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 12, 2012, 05:38:19 pm »

Dwarves will now no longer be able to discover electricity without the needed sub-technologies. As of right now, anyone who discovers electricity before the world is listed in legends as being killed by lightening.
Sucessful revolutions occuring in Pure democracies will no longer kill every single person who has ever voted.
And as a special request from the modders, I have included syntax for non-standard sub-nuclear reactions. I would list it here, but The non-modding populations brain would explode.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 12, 2012, 05:44:54 pm »

Fusion can no longer be initiated with macroscopic particles, such as goblins.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 12, 2012, 06:12:04 pm »

Toned down purges in communist regimes; they were getting slaughtered in worldgen.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #81 on: September 12, 2012, 06:39:56 pm »

-Disabled Skynet.

GuardianTempest

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Daydreamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 12, 2012, 07:10:33 pm »

Someone make a thread about playerlogs from 2050, just to see what sort of crazy shenanigans might've been made.

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 12, 2012, 09:02:26 pm »

Someone make a thread about playerlogs from 2050, just to see what sort of crazy shenanigans might've been made.

Whatever amount of crazy toady creates is amplified by like five thousand whenever players get ahold of it. I approve.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 12, 2012, 09:11:01 pm »

That should be a new thread.

-----

Autocrats should no longer execute themselves for treason unless insane, even on legitimate grounds.
Elves no longer declare war for killing countless blades of grass by trade caravans bringing them wagons of tribute.
Forgotten beasts now have a crude simulation of ancestral species. This will be developed into a fully functioning "evolution of magical creatures" system as I progress a bit in the Evolution Arc.
Sig

GuardianTempest

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Daydreamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 13, 2012, 01:09:04 am »

Thread's up.

Sus

• Bay Watcher
  • For ‼SCIENCE‼!
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 13, 2012, 04:50:03 am »

- Updated cosmological constant to match current knowledge of dark matter and energy.
- Weak nuclear force now works as intended.
- Dwarves now react appropriately to being ‼on fire‼.
- Fixed bug where quantum tunneling would randomly cause a vacuum metastability event even when it shouldn't.

Certainly you could argue that DF is a lot like The Sims, only... you know... with more vomit and decapitation.
If you launch a wooden mine cart towards the ocean at a sufficient speed, you can have your entire dwarf sail away in an ark.

Adequate Swimmer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 13, 2012, 05:38:54 am »

Opening stargates at random can once again wake up the great old ones.
[VALUE:PEACE:0]

GuardianTempest

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Daydreamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 13, 2012, 09:16:23 am »

-Buffed elder gods by making them immune from 'portal gateway cutting', if you cut the power source it will still remain open until it is through, then it will shut off.

Fen

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretly A Kobold Werebull
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 13, 2012, 04:19:13 pm »

-Dwarfs encountering pan-dimensional beings in non-understandable forms should now properly take sanity loss.
-Night creatures have had alignment changed slightly so that Great Old Ones and other advanced Horrors won't wipe them out during world gen.
-Fixed Ent/Elf wars causing Elfs to start recursive civil wars on themselves from tree destruction.
-Orbital strikes have better tracking systems now to make up for increased firing time while the lava travels through the atmosphere.
This space for rent
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 18