Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 27

Author Topic: Voandrath (Yak-Space)(Demigods Destroyed: 1)  (Read 38776 times)

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
Re: Voandrath (Yak-Space)(Still accepting folks)
« Reply #165 on: September 17, 2012, 06:18:11 pm »

"If you say so, sweet-pea. Lets see that Federal swordsmanship.Tomorrow at Centralis then."

With that he returned to the main building. These elections were shaping up to be a lot of fun.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: September 18, 2012, 12:28:41 am »

((When you get finished with your convo))
[7] With the Godsplitter in tow, you enter the atmosphere slowly, making sure not to over-heat the people aboard, you're directed to a city with a thick, huge wall, pass a number of a sand-covered ruins, to a landing spot near the structure of ceramic and steel.
[9] General Versen emerges from one of the buildings, wearing a thick, kevlar-weave, ballistic ceramic plated vest, a large, robotic hand resting by his side.
"Good job. Mercs, I'm guessing?"

After completing the normal landing procedures, Emmanuel opens the well-armored hatch that hides the cockpit, the light infiltrating the inside and showing both the young man and Bubblegum on his lap. As Emmanuel steps up from his seat, he sees Versen and answers the older man's question unabashed.

"Yeah, soldiers of fortune. Saw that something seemed like trouble around this sector and followed the track of one of these things. How bad is the situation around here?"

Wait for the Godsplitter to get recharged.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 12:33:26 am by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: September 18, 2012, 12:32:13 am »

Kaylee couldn't help but squint at the white Mech. She blinked. There were two people in the cockpit?

Shifting her gaze to the opening itself, it didn't seem spacious enough to accommodate more than the pilot and his amenities. Gladly, the pilot and whoever that other person was were out.

"What in Hell are you doing with another person Em- Mercenary?!"

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: September 18, 2012, 12:38:26 am »

After completing the normal landing procedures, Emmanuel opens the well-armored hatch that hides the cockpit, the light infiltrating the inside and showing both the young man and Bubblegum on his lap. As Emmanuel steps up from his seat, he sees Versen and answers the older man's question unabashed.

"Yeah, soldiers or fortune. Saw that something seemed like trouble around this sector and followed the track of one of these things. How bad is the situation around here?"

Wait for the Godsplitter to get recharged.
The older man shrugs, looking you over for a few moments, before his eyes drift to the other mech, the grey one.
"We renamed the planet Hell. My crew is calling themselves the Aces and Eights and I can only eat raw meat without throwing up."
He pauses, twitching his nose, before he shrugs, tone dripping with sarcasm, robotic hand coming up to itch at his chest, and you hear the Kevlar scrape against scales.
"As you can expect, we're doing just peachy."

[ 0 ] The fusion core will be at peak performance...in one week.

"What in Hell are you doing with another person Em- Mercenary?!"

He doesn't seem too disturbed by Kaylee yelling something.
"I imagine celebrating the destruction of the last Plagueship, Kaylee."
The general looks back to Emmanuel, reaching up to mess with his curly salt and pepper, his eyes looking Bubblegum over, who is deathly silent, pale, and stealing glances at the younger man.
"Pleasure to meet you, Em, by the way."

"If you say so, sweet-pea. Lets see that Federal swordsmanship.Tomorrow at Centralis then."

With that he returned to the main building. These elections were shaping up to be a lot of fun.
[1+1] When you arrive at the plaza, boots clicking on the white quartz floor, you notice that a number of the cameras set up around said plaza are off. Lights dim. You notice that one, with MMS imprinted on it is still on, and a few services you haven't heard of. A medical crew watches the two for a while, and a stern looking man stands in the center of the plaza, on the black slab.
The pink-haired woman emerges from a car, wearing thin, grey, faux-leather armor and carrying a large greatsword. She makes her way to the stone three spots away from the black slab, watching you.

Magnus will go along (and not skip the thing)
The carry the young man out on a stretcher, the security forces flanking him cautiously, before hes slipped into a hovering van, painted in red and white. Flashing blue sirens on top stay silent as they whir around.
The blue woman is forced to sit next you on the thin bench, the paramedics sedating Hayes tentatively before moving to peel away the bandages.
[10] They don't seem to notice anything amiss, not remarking on the fact that Haye's spine is so much metal and wire and silicon.
One instead slips on a glove, a jet of plasma emerging from the tip as he leans down toward Hayes, who's out of it, by now.
The woman reaches up to fiddle with a large, flawless diamond hung around her neck on a thick chain, eyes never leaving Hayes.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 01:52:30 am by filiusenox »
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: September 18, 2012, 12:45:48 am »

If not for the multiple personnel nearby, including the General, Kaylee would have her face buried in her hands as she saw the look on Emmanuel's face. It was hard to discern from her position.

"Excuse me. Sir. I have-...a migraine. I'll just. Work on- that power source."

Why didn't he tell me? Why didn't he even say anything about...the return trip took nearly an HOUR!

Gritting her teeth, the young soldier took a step back and moved over to the maintenance area, picking up the various tools used for checking and aiding a ship's power core.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 09:41:32 pm by Tiruin »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: September 18, 2012, 01:06:24 am »

"Pleased to meet you too, General Versen. This girl here is a friend of mine." he said, silently poking Bubblegum's shin with his own out of the general's sight so she would leave her stupor.

He then noticed Kaylee storming away with a face that didn't seem to be one from a person who just received pleasant news. Emmanuel looked sideways and remembered how bad the situation looked from outside.
"...We weren't doing anything." he stated as his friend moved away from them.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: September 18, 2012, 04:21:15 am »

Arthur arrived in his Navy uniform with an aide following him, his Acadia-pattern Navy sabre attached to his side.

He took off the jacket and handed it to his man, and taking a padded fencing jacket from him.
"You know, you might show off and even scratch me there and there, but that still does not improve your security, you know?

He finally finished putting on the jacket, last buttons and zippers closed up.

"You ready for this, pinky? I assume we are going until first blood? Or are you after a hard beating?"

He grinned mischeviously. For a president, his job so far was a far cry from pencil-pushing he imagined it to be.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #172 on: September 18, 2012, 08:23:55 am »

Avens cradled her head in her hands as she eavesdropped on the interesting conversation her two companions, and two of her companion's acquiescences are having.

She eventually opened the canopy, listening to the precision-carved pieces trundle on their tracks, unfolding the center of the mech and exposing the cockpit. She climbed out and hopped to the ground, lightly landing, and hesitated between following Kaylee and heading over to the girl and Emm.

"General Versen," she said, offering her hand. "I'm Avens Urbanum. Previously attached to the Sixteenth Air Squad of Monaj, which is probably fringe enough that you have never heard of it."

She gives Bubblegum a glance, then Emm, before snapping back to the general.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: September 18, 2012, 02:33:11 pm »

Magnus noted that the paramedics did not comment at all on the fact that Hayes was a cyborg. Although he was not sure whether or not that was good or bad, he simply frowned and watched; he had practically no knowledge of medicine (he'd known he'd go in politics since he could talk). He also noted to ask the alien lady who she was eventually, though he remained silent, in order to keep the docs focused.

Watch the operation unfold

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: September 18, 2012, 03:40:18 pm »

"You ready for this, pinky? I assume we are going until first blood? Or are you after a hard beating?"

Spoiler: Duel In Centralis (click to show/hide)

"...We weren't doing anything." he stated as his friend moved away from them.
Versen grunts at this, shrugging simply.
"Nice to meet you, young miss. And why would I care if'n you were?"

"General Versen," she said, offering her hand. "I'm Avens Urbanum. Previously attached to the Sixteenth Air Squad of Monaj, which is probably fringe enough that you have never heard of it."

[10] The general gives a nod, shrugging. His robotic hand rests on the sawn-off, though.
"Heard you left in a hurry, dodging the rest of the fleet, stole a mech too. Planning on using it here or what?"

Magnus noted that the paramedics did not comment at all on the fact that Hayes was a cyborg. Although he was not sure whether or not that was good or bad, he simply frowned and watched; he had practically no knowledge of medicine (he'd known he'd go in politics since he could talk). He also noted to ask the alien lady who she was eventually, though he remained silent, in order to keep the docs focused.

Watch the operation unfold
Another paramedic look the wound over once more, placing a spongy, white material inside the wound, he blood wicking away into the capsule, which is slowly turning pink, then the gloved one slowly begins to cauterize any majored ruptured veins, before turning towards the lacerated esophagus sealing it after some deft work with a set of forceps.

"Fifty emm, emm of tyxinincal."

Then he slowly removes the sponge, before taking up a needle, sticking it into a container, drawing out a bluish liquid and then pushing it into a cauterized vein.

Hayes still seems pale, even as one seals the wound with slow, careful stitching.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: September 18, 2012, 04:02:29 pm »

"Heh, you got me nicely, but you swing that sword of yours like piece of two-by-four."

Arthur handed his saber to the aide while he got to taking off the jacket. The paramedics wasted no time in tending to both of the duelists, but Vandelay shoo'd one of them off after he applied some of the medi-foam to his chest.

"But I must admit, you fight good." He motioned to his aide, who took out a small metal tube out of his uniform pocket and haded it to the admiral. He opened it up with one swift motion and took out a cigar. He proceeded to give it a good snif and stuck it in his mouth. His aide was already ready with a lighter. A stray ray of light shone on Arthur's face briefly, turning his photoreactive glasses opaque.

"Now that we have our little formality over and done with, care to tell me your name, sweet-pea?"
He said grinninng, the cigar sticking out in the corner of his mouth, his eyes invisible beyond the opaque glasses.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 04:07:06 pm by Ardas »

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #176 on: September 18, 2012, 09:20:22 pm »

"I thought it prudent to assign myself to an undervalued, underequipped, and understaffed locale," Avens replied. She deliberately did not look at the shotgun.

"I wasn't doing any good on Monaj, other than oxidizing my mech and being a nuisance to the public."

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: September 18, 2012, 09:36:23 pm »

"Sure, then." Emmanuel said before picking up the terrified Bubblegum, who seemed terribly unresponsive, and climbing down the mech with his legs and occasional help of one arm with the ease of the person who had done the same over and over in the few last years. The mech's canopy closed in a simple series of smooth movements, locking it.

"I'll walk around the city now. Not much to do and I think she needs some fresh air." he said, nodding towards the girl he was carrying and walking off to the nearest street.
>Yes?

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: September 18, 2012, 09:39:59 pm »

Emmanuel said before picking up the terrified Bubblegum, who seemed terribly unresponsive.
[1]When you set down the disheveled Bubblegum, her knee springs up, slamming into your groin, the fire you saw when she had the pipe rising back up.

"I can fucking climb, you know. Bad enough I have to sit in your lap without you having to carry me down the ladder."

Versen tries to suppress a grin, before he begins to laugh, a rich, warm sound, which echoes off the metal-plating of the mechs.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: September 18, 2012, 09:53:20 pm »

Fusion-cutters, Ion welders, Platinum-tipped wrench...

Kaylee was sifting through the various tools designed to cause 'repairs' in the power core of Em's Mech. Her mind focused on who that other person was next to her friend.

Em...sounds much better.

Of all the ideas, there was another person for the whole ride. She imagined how they were able to work in such cramped quarters with all their gear on.

Her sudden rage had abated and was replaced by speculation. If Em had another person with him, why didn't she -- for it was obviously a she -- speak? Nevertheless, more pressing matters had to be done.

She had a reunion to attend.

Grab a tesla-powered tool.

Report to the General the location of the ship in distress that was heard from earlier.

Go find Em.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 27