Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 27

Author Topic: Voandrath (Yak-Space)(Demigods Destroyed: 1)  (Read 38752 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Voandrath (Yak-Space)(Still accepting folks)
« Reply #150 on: September 16, 2012, 09:59:29 pm »

This was strange. What kind of Mech used melee weaponry that had thermodynamic properties? Especially...one that used the atomic powers of the stars, judging by her scanner result.

"This is Corporal Kaylee, of the 76th Mechanized. Friend of foe?"

This was the moment of triumph! And the only part she had to add was that she forgot any callsigns that would discern allied troops from other factions...Today was just perfect.

Adjusting the targeting module, Kay couldn't help but recognize her old friend from back in the day. She felt like today was truly a blessed one -- a commanding officer was leading the scouting force to save them!

"Hold it...redact that. Err, I'm bad with formalities. Sorry."

Oh great, oh great, oh great, oh great...
Nice going Corporal...

Three months. And she had forgotten most of how 'formalities' were done. At least she hoped Avens would understand.

After a moment of silence, in which the thoughts of breaking protocol were apparent, Kaylee decided to fix it up. "I'm glad to see you back in action! We've a maintenance station back on the planet -- no, rumors that we're dead are lies -- and General Versen still lives..."

She waited for a response...hopefully it would be a good one. How long was it since they last saw each other again? One...Two years ago?

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: September 16, 2012, 10:28:01 pm »

"Chacha! Bowing before king, Atlaca! Chacha, chacha! Ceh ceh ceh- chh"

Laughing caused the scab on his chest to burst open, ichor gushing forth. Well, at least he was healthy, if incredibly beaten up.

Stepping away from the growing pool of mutant blood, he opened a random door and slouched down inside. He spent several hours resting and treating his injuries, and then- wincing- got to his feet and made his way through the corridors to the lower barracks, where the survivors were holed up.

"Please to be opening door", spoke he.

"...King? Living truly? Amazing! Opening door!"

The door opened. The Tapal behind it reared back in shock.

"Smelling terrible King. Looking terrible King. Still arm Atlacax King."

"Fighting many Atlaca, getting here. Bigger Atlaca, fighting, killing. Effort great. Thinking maybe, first medical, then questions."

A surviving medic did his best to patch Markactl up, and the king and his subjects exchanged tales.

"Trouble great. Placing distress call. Coming maybe others, helping we."

Rest.
Reunite with surviving crew.
If the good-for-nothing crew hasn't already, put out a distress call.

Quote from: Distress Call
Help.
Mutant aliens overrunning our ship.
We need help as soon as possible.

((In case you are wondering; the Tapalcayan speech pattern does not extend to their writing. At least, not when they have the time to look up the grammatical rules for human writing, which is advisable when sending out a distress call you want people to be able to read))
« Last Edit: September 16, 2012, 10:32:54 pm by NUKE9.13 »
Long Live United Forenia!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: September 16, 2012, 10:40:09 pm »

The silence...it was like a torture. Busying herself with watching the floating wreck of the hiveship...wait, plagueship -- Definition was confusing with alien forces -- along with seeing the other mech bumping into the thousands of tiny debris (creating sparks along the plated hull), Kaylee was surprised when her comm picked up a response.

And it wasn't what she expected.

Help.

"Well, I hope my navigation senses are right."

She flicked on the long-range scanners, hoping to pick up the ship as it hadn't said anything about its coordinates.

"General distress signal received, en route to your position! This is Kaylee Averys, Corporal of the 76th Mechanized. Federation Fleet, Hellstal Division...."

Ironically, the only notice that she wished would be sent to her and the General during the three month ordeal was the same thing she sent back to that ship as a mechanical ping appeared on the scanner.

"We know where you are. We're coming."

Resending the coordinates to Avens' Mech, Kaylee decided to help the ship in distress, y'know, after dealing with the unpowered mech.

Now seeing the distance was about three whole *orbits away, she decided to send in a transmission to the General.

"General, sir. The enemy plagueship has been neutralized thanks to the two other Mechs here. None of us are bearing any permanent injuries or damage to our systems, other than complete power loss for one of them. I have also caught onto a distress signal.

"Permission to assist?"

"Go ahead. Bring that broken down mech back to base, before you go get yourself killed."

"Was that a yes- I can assist or a yes- the mech has clearance f-"

*SSCCHHHT*

"...I love being cut off."

* Orbit - An inter-system measurement of the imaginary rings in all system maps. For example, earth would be three orbits in. Mars, four. Regardless, it is a general term of how far a planet is from it's orbital star.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2012, 11:58:38 pm by Tiruin »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: September 16, 2012, 10:41:08 pm »

Examine the code on the terminal. Continue tracing the owners of the station (Despite what little trail there is to pick up.))
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: September 17, 2012, 01:53:24 am »

Vandelay was dissapointed to see the man shredded.
"You fed-secs should try to get your shit together. A Valerian admiral won't be there to save your asses next time..."

With that Arthur gave his pistol back to his bodyguard and headed back to the Federal building.
Hayes dropping out and Maxwell being attacked meant that General Versen was the remaining cadidate, although Maxwell was to be atttendede yet by medics. Vandelay knew nothing of Maxwell's metal body, not being there at that moment.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: September 17, 2012, 02:37:02 am »

((Pastebin log for Emmanuel's small bout of RPing in the backwater moon.))

Emmanuel operated by instinct most of the path. Weaving through the projectiles, destroying them with the blade, closing in and finally taking down the plagueship with a blade of energy that seemed built, designed and finely tailored to cut ships in half. His eyes narrowed and his mind focused as he brought down the blade upon his enemy. Soon afterwards, no more power...And helplessness as they drifted in space.

They were helped by Avens' supporting fire, probably the only thing that prevented them from turning into mincemeat as the plagueship breathed its last, and so the Godsplitter was left to drift, its armor hitting thousands of shredded metal fragments.

Bubblegum swallows, holding the sides of your legs tightly, face pale.
"Don't...ever...do that while...I'm with you...again." she mutters, unsteadily.
Sighing, Emmanuel thanked once more the difference in their heights, as it had allowed him to check on the screens and concentrate on combat. He was guilt-stricken after what had happened, mostly due to the fact he had initiated a suicidal charge with Bubblegum inside the mech.
"I'm really sorry, and I hope this happens to be the last time I ever have to fight with you in the cockpit. I shouldn't have risked your life this way."

He shook his head a bit as if trying to clear his thoughts, moving on to listen to the comms. Apparently, there was someone attempting contact with them...
Not a common name at all, and he thought he had heard it somewhere before...Someone he knew at his home planet? Maybe a relative or the daughter of a...Hmmm. Maybe if he knew her whole name.
"Friend. What is your full name, Kaylee?"

And before he forgot about it...
"Good job and thanks, Avens. I'll probably need to be towed, though." Emmanuel said nonchalantly, crossing his arms behind hids head and trying to rest on the seat without bothering Bubblegum. "Sorry about the charge, though."

Wait to be towed.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #156 on: September 17, 2012, 02:52:54 am »

Avens frowned at the message, then replied,:

"Avens Urbanum, as you might have suspected. And no, I'm not going to go save a bunch of unknown people with you," she added dryly. "I think I've had my share of heroics for the day. And see what happened to our hero."

"Hey, Emm? I think I misplaced my towing mechanism. Be decent in there, and I'll return eventually with a towing ... battalion. Squadron. Flight. Whatever."

She engaged the "tow disabled mech" method while inwardly wondering what in the world that light weapon was.

Tow Godsplitter and land on planet.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: September 17, 2012, 07:32:14 am »

"Avens Urbanum, as you might have suspected. And no, I'm not going to go save a bunch of unknown people with you,"
Kaylee replayed the transmission once more, trying to discern the tone frequency from the person and if she was truly who she was.

"Avens!" Looking at what she actually said, 'friend of foe' wasn't what she meant...Accursed voice-text translator! Muffled speech was a bad thing!

"It's so great so really see you again! I've contacted the General and you and your ally are all clear for maintenance in our...'home' below. I'll help you out.

"Do you mind if we can...talk without the formalities, ma'am?"
Avens was of higher rank than she, and the young soldier wondered where she served. Perhaps under another officer of the Federation?

Despite that, she engaged in conversation as the three Mechs headed back to the planet below, towing in the white one, immune to the natural shielding of the planet's atmosphere.

It would be a long chat, indeed. Catching up with years of past experiences would be quite an ordeal, especially given Kaylee's recent case.

She wondered if Avens' friend could still communicate within the unpowered mech, or if the pilot was still...alive. They were entering the exosphere, and it would be a long time until they reached the surface -- tow speed had to be the right velocity in order to assure no heating would be done to the derelict Mech.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 07:57:33 am by Tiruin »

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: September 17, 2012, 02:45:35 pm »

Quote from: Adwarf
Trade Deals.
[5] The ISN officials wish to meet you at a downtown, middle-class cafe, and if you arrive, two black-suited individuals are sitting at a table. One has his hands on a briefcase, and the other is sipping a cup of dark, black coffee.
The one with the briefcase has a thin face, looking quite aged, mousy hair thinning over a bald spot.
The other looks middle-aged, a mane of black hair with a black, leather cowboy hat atop his head. His face is gaunt, and the suit looks a little small around his arms and shoulders.

When they spot you, the broad shouldered cowboy-hatted man lifts his hand in a wave.
"Hows it goin'?"
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: September 17, 2012, 03:54:01 pm »

Once they were out of the room, Magnus carefully placed the candidate on the table. Then he took a step back and shook his head, apparently still surprised.

"Did you get that before or after you invented the Interfeed - and how, if that's not too impolite to ask, Mr Hayes?"

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: September 17, 2012, 04:00:43 pm »

Rest.
Reunite with surviving crew.
If the good-for-nothing crew hasn't already, put out a distress call.

Help.

[10] You arrive in the lower decks, which is mostly food and chemical storage, hastily crossing a makeshift bridge across a great river of acid, which hisses and spits.
Your people are ragged, many missing limbs or bearing great gashes and marks across their shells, you note, with a heavy Bloodbladder, that there is few younglings about, and the ones that are look torn up, heavily wounded.

You put out your distress signal and hope for the best.

[
Tow Godsplitter and land on planet.
((When you get finished with your convo))
[7] With the Godsplitter in tow, you enter the atmosphere slowly, making sure not to over-heat the people aboard, you're directed to a city with a thick, huge wall, pass a number of a sand-covered ruins, to a landing spot near the structure of ceramic and steel.
[9] General Versen emerges from one of the buildings, wearing a thick, kevlar-weave, ballistic ceramic plated vest, a large, robotic hand resting by his side.
"Good job. Mercs, I'm guessing?"

Examine the code on the terminal. Continue tracing the owners of the station (Despite what little trail there is to pick up.))
[6-2] The code is a mis-mash of varoius coding languages, somehow rigged together to form something usable in controlling the car. Your scanners indicate that the code itself was set on auto-run.
[9] The station's is owned by a large enterprise known as 4Qwert, it deals in pharmaceutics, military contracting, chemicals, as well a number of other such things. It mostly seems shady, plus the company logo is in sleek black...which is a tip-off in of itself.

Once they were out of the room, Magnus carefully placed the candidate on the table. Then he took a step back and shook his head, apparently still surprised.

"Did you get that before or after you invented the Interfeed - and how, if that's not too impolite to ask, Mr Hayes?"
"Before..." Hayes murmurs to the High King, breath still heavily ragged, his fingers curling over his chest, eyes flicking to the blue, alien woman, who he gives a brief smile to.
"T-thanks...for dragging me...out."

Vandelay was dissapointed to see the man shredded.
"You fed-secs should try to get your shit together. A Valerian admiral won't be there to save your asses next time..."

With that Arthur gave his pistol back to his bodyguard and headed back to the Federal building.
Hayes dropping out and Maxwell being attacked meant that General Versen was the remaining cadidate, although Maxwell was to be atttendede yet by medics. Vandelay knew nothing of Maxwell's metal body, not being there at that moment.
[10] After your little speech, the Feds look a bit hang-dog, an armored van drifting down, federal soldiers pouring out to swiftly place yellow, warning tape around the street.
A pink-haired woman wearing the same ceramic-plated, kevlar body suit as the Fed-secs, strides up to you, face blank.
"I suggest you take that insult back, with all due respect, sir."
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 04:09:47 pm by filiusenox »

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: September 17, 2012, 04:15:59 pm »

Arthur had that "are you kidding me" look on his face.

And who the hell you might be, sweet-pea? Another yellow-bellied fed sec? Got more talk than fight in you apparently, since you can't even keep your vehicle from attacking your own.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 06:12:45 pm by Ardas »

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: September 17, 2012, 05:58:24 pm »

The Asgardian managed a nervous smile.

"Was a pleasure. I'd appreciate if you could return the favor by not dying."

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: September 17, 2012, 06:03:58 pm »

Arthur had that "are you kidding me" look on his face.

And who the hell you might be, sweet-pea? Another yellow-bellied fed sec? Got more talk than fight in you apparently, since you can't even keep your vehice from attacking your own.

The woman raises her eyebrows at your words, before very simply, bowing at the hip.

"Meet me tomorrow in Centralis Dueling Plaza. Bring a sword, Admiral."

Then she turns, moving to direct the crime-scene.

The Asgardian managed a nervous smile.

"Was a pleasure. I'd appreciate if you could return the favor by not dying."
He gives a weak shrug, chuckling, despite the look of obvious pain. He presses a few buttons on his Wrist-pad, slowly, each moving making him wince, before it gives a beep.
[9] The paramedics step into the room, placing him on a stretcher and slowly moving him out, the security agents moving to follow, before the paramedics shake their heads, almost in unison.
"Only two people can come."
Hayes glances at the alien woman, who nods, before looking to you.
((You can skip this part, if you like.))

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: September 17, 2012, 06:09:30 pm »

Magnus will go along (and not skip the thing)
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 27