Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 27

Author Topic: Voandrath (Yak-Space)(Demigods Destroyed: 1)  (Read 38781 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Voandrath (Yak-Space)(Still accepting folks)
« Reply #135 on: September 15, 2012, 05:20:38 pm »

Is that ship named Crimson Flower? I think I've seen it somewhere.

After nimbly climbing the cockpit and getting Bubblegum in her place, Emmanuel smiled as he received the message, tracing it back to the sender. That mech was familiar to him... His mood seemed to improve slightly as he typed an answer back:

I do not think it is Crimson, otherwise it would be tinting the skies red.

Then, after making sure that mech was the one, he opened the in-built military voice-conversation system. No interfeed for the antique mech, Emmanuel had his datapad for that.
"Avens, is that you?"

There was a visual feed system as well, but he wasn't sure how she would react to Bubblegum sitting on his lap. Avoiding misunderstandings seemed a good enough reason for him to prefer voice over visual.

« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 05:22:54 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #136 on: September 15, 2012, 07:22:47 pm »

Avens hesitated.

"Uhh... what was your name again? I don't rem- Oh right, Emmanuel. Yes. Yes, it's me. Far odds, meeting you here. I don't think that mech's helping your chances of not being recognized."

She laughed, and activated the pre-flight warm-up systems.

"Wherever you are off to, I'll follow you there, kay?"

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: September 15, 2012, 07:33:35 pm »

"Sure then. We'll talk after we get there." Emmanuel said before checking the systems.

Keep travelling onwards to the planet in strife.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: September 15, 2012, 09:32:32 pm »

"Well, I'll be heading off to check on the rest. We're lucky nothing else happened..." Kaylee said to her Mech as she moved away to check on her superiors.

Check the local supplies and ask around for any patrol missions to aid the rest.

Before that, inquire on this mutation, and whether it has any causes or what not.

Lastly, check if I've a personal knife on my person. For defence purposes and the like...

It was a catastrophe. From Eight hundred Million people, the death toll rose until even the bodies had to be given what token burial the living could afford. She wondered how the Consumption would deal with their slain, if they had any, and with the ones they killed...

Not to drop into another despondent state, she marched up to one of the officers and inquired on whether there were any patrols guarding the sector that needed her help. Most of the Mechanized division were destroyed in the early fight against the invaders, she presumed. There was little here amounting to hope...

What was in the meat they were eating anyway?! She did hear that the mutations were caused by the close proximity to the Comsumption-monsters, but it couldn't truly be that potent!

For while she was technically a pilot in the military, her background was spent mostly on medical anatomy and cellular studies as an aside. In retrospect, learning the anatomy of an object would give knowledge on where to hit the vulnerable areas...

If only those Consumption-things had the same anatomy as a human...
« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 10:05:59 pm by Tiruin »

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Voandrath (Yak-Space)
« Reply #139 on: September 15, 2012, 09:50:51 pm »

Danal did not leave his planet for the Council, he had to much work to do to return the country to a state where its people would be happy of its glory. More things cluttered his office, and yet more came in from time to time as he worked furiously to sort out the influx of problems upon the founding of Hexcarn.

He set to work, his first issue he set out to fix was the lack of advancement on the planet, he hoped to make Heteva Prime a flourishing center of knowledge and wealth among the many nations that vied for power in the universe. To accomplish this he diverted funds and resources to the construction, and founding of labs and research projects to further his people's prosperity.

Spend two Acredits to found labs and start following research projects.
  • Deep Steel Project: Research new more efficient, more effective, safer, and more productive mining methods.
  • ARROWHEAD Project: Begin research into new types of experimental non WMD weapons.
Contact several other planets and corporations looking to forge trade agreements and route by which to trade.
Spend two more Acredits to found new mines and increase the safety standard of current industries.

Spoiler: State of Affairs (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 09:52:29 pm by adwarf »

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: September 15, 2012, 11:29:13 pm »

-By remotely controlling the drones, have the prisoners corralled into a separate portion of the ship. Children and those not deemed physically fit (elderly, ill, corpulent, etc.), are to be slain.
-Have the cruise ship torn apart for scrap and RESOURCES. After searching it for CREDITS and A-CREDITS, of course.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 11:31:01 pm by thatkid »
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: September 16, 2012, 01:39:53 am »

Assume direct control of the hovercar, prevent if from firing.
[8+2] The chain-gun whirs on the hovercar whirs threateningly, before you power it down.
[5] However during a brief system scan of the hovercar, you detect...an anomaly within it's wiring pattern, your electronic tendrils investigating cautiously.
[8 vs 6] The bomb shuts off after a quick disarming, the hover-car falling to the street below due to the engine being shut off in order to...not blow up.
[7 vs 7] Mid-fall is when you detect something hooked to the main computer, and you once more attempt to disarm a bomb, working swiftly before you hit the street below.
[6 vs 3] There's a 'click' as the liquid bomb detaches from the computer complex, exploding on contact with the metal hull, but otherwise leaving the important information about who may have hacked this vehicle intact.

"Can you walk, Maxwell?"
[10] Maxwell turns his head, spitting out some blood, giving you a shake of the head, before he croaks. "My...leg-s...won't be working...anytime soon...I guess..."
He looks up at you, almost pleadingly, his eyes ticking down to the hole in his chest, before looking back up at you.

Aw shit.... TAKE COVER! SOMEOE CALL IN SUPPORT OR DISARM THAT BLOODY VEHICLE!

Take cover and call in support if there is any to be had. Return fire if possible.

[~] You take cover, but by the time you all manage to get somewhere safe, the vehicle is on the ground, chaingun not turning you all into hamburger. You hear a small explosion from inside the vehicle, somewhere near the engine, before all is silent, except for the distant howl of sirens.

Make some bombs that'll fuck up anything remotely resembling a Tapalcayan (and probably mess with anything else as well).
Then head out into the corridors and find a lone terror to try them out on.
If they work, go looking for the big guy.

[10] Using a sudden burst of chemistry knowledge you never knew you had, nor even guessed you had, you build a wide-dispersal napalm-sharpnel bomb...with extra nails, and you guess you could blow up a Dragon and more with one, if positioned right, without blowing a hole in your ship. [1 big bomb]
[10] You rig up a number of sticky grenades, using the same recipe as before, and in a stunning burst of insight, you hook most of them to a belt, for easy throwing. [10 grenades]
[4] You step out into the hall just in time to walk into four Mutants, teeth click with finality as the slowly advance down the corridor.
[2] The first sticky grenade peppers you with sharpnel, making you grit your maw in pain and tamp out a few fires, before throwing yet another at the mob. [3 health remaining][9 grenades]
[10] There's a flash of light as the grenade works exactly as it said on the tin, most of the wounds being cauterized mid-explosion. They collapse to the floor, dead and smelling more than faintly of charred meat...and that's when you hear the loud clicking of claws, and slow lumbering steps coming from the north end of the corridor. [8 grenades]

Keep travelling onwards to the planet in strife.

"Wherever you are off to, I'll follow you there, kay?"
[8] Aven's mech falls in line behind yours in D:13, and despite your worry, when you emerge into the glare of a white sun, she's right beside you in her own mech.
[8] The planet revolves around a single white sun, the rays bleaching the sands below a dull-creme color, patches of red intermingling in the milky white like blood. Around the planet, dancing the slow dance of the cosmos is a ring made up entirely of destroyed and ruined ships, many still bearing huge gashes, rips and tears.
[5] You barely notice the ship that emerges from the ring, large tentacles and other fleshy growths growing from the thin, space-worn metal hull, which seems to have been reduced to a mere frame for the creature.
[?] The Godsplitter's arm parts, shifting back to reveal a large cannon, the other forming a bifurcated sword of white-hot heat around the right. A single screen lights up, one that never lit up before, reading in English, a simple, scrolling text, under the image of the ship, a soft, feminine voice speaks, softly.
"Consumption Plagueship detected. Destruction recommended, Corporal Blackford."

Check the local supplies and ask around for any patrol missions to aid the rest.

Before that, inquire on this mutation, and whether it has any causes or what not.

Lastly, check if I've a personal knife on my person. For defence purposes and the like...

[8] Water is still being produced to sat the the thirsts of this sun-baked city. Food such as broad-head spinach, protein paste, steaks and fish are still being grown, processed, and grown in enough numbers to feed the city, helped along by the all-year long warm - read, scorching hot - weather.
[5] You only know as much as the other grunts do, despite being the only mech pilot still alive. The infection spreads through blood contact, scratches, gores, bites with and from those who are infected beyond human recognition or thought, which is usually a forty to fifty percent genetic infection.
[5] You have a knife, but considering that's how you got that scale in the first place, maybe you should ask for a gun or pistol or something.
[9] As it just to happens, the Plagueship that occasionally rains death and mutants down upon the cities has slipped out of hiding in the belt of dead-ships to engage two mechs. Now would be a good chance for you to destroy it, once and for all.

Spend two Acredits to found labs and start following research projects.
  • Deep Steel Project: Research new more efficient, more effective, safer, and more productive mining methods.
  • ARROWHEAD Project: Begin research into new types of experimental non WMD weapons.
Contact several other planets and corporations looking to forge trade agreements and route by which to trade.
Spend two more Acredits to found new mines and increase the safety standard of current industries.
[9] Deepsteel project makes great headway in research mantle-mining, and are currently working on creating a cooled drill with a sharp enough blade to cut through the thick stone of the crust. [20/100]
[9] Arrowhead makes headway much the same, producing a number of theories and plans for efficient, strong weaponry and they're currently researching plating bullets with Thorium. [20/100]
[8] There's a number of planets wishing to set up trade deals with you, the foremost being the ISN, who will negotiate with you in due time.
[7] You manage to improve the safety standard of your industry, mines all being reinforced with concrete and ceramic plating. [10/100]

-By remotely controlling the drones, have the prisoners corralled into a separate portion of the ship. Children and those not deemed physically fit (elderly, ill, corpulent, etc.), are to be slain.
-Have the cruise ship torn apart for scrap and RESOURCES. After searching it for CREDITS and A-CREDITS, of course.

[10] Most of the specimens are of prime physical quality, resulting in not a single loss. A few even look to be genetically modified, or altered at the least.
[3] You find no credits, and don't think it wise to have the prisoners transfer all the money into your account, at the moment.
[5] You tear the ship apart quickly, swiftly and efficiently, working up a sweat as your direct the Drones from your comfortable seat.
(+1 resource gained)
« Last Edit: September 16, 2012, 01:47:15 am by filiusenox »
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: September 16, 2012, 02:02:03 am »

As Kaylee moved about the compound, she was stopped by someone very much unexpected. She turned around to see the General, himself. A man still dressed in desert-colored military fatigues, the place hasn't affected his signature tan at all, or his grizzled look.

"General Versen! Er, Sir! I was just going to ask permission on that Hiveship and if I can engage i-"

"You're the only one with a Mech."

"But I still need to check for repairs, Sir and perhaps the arm must be-"

"No. Stop being all masochistic and just go fight the fucking hiveship!"

"Yessir!"

"Fucking hell."

Well, that was how it generally sounded given the tension of the situation. As the young soldier strapped herself in the Mech, she was glad to hear the familiar tones and sounds of the system responding to her influence. The system voice was calm and welcoming as usual, and from her vantage point, she could see it shift color in regard to the surrounding atmosphere. Seeing the remnants of what used to be a habitable world in the horizon before disappearing altogether. She hoped the repairs would hold up...

The fact that there were two other mechs in space above their area gave hope -- probably a scouting force of the Federation? All hailing signals were kept on watch, anyway.

Despite all that, it was time for payback.

Commence launch! Get into a suitable position to initiate long-range combat with the Hiveship! Preferably not in-between the ship and the sector below...

Initiate a scan on the mechs, their allegiances, and on the hiveship in general. What types of weapons are used, before engaging.

Regardless, Flank the Hiveship.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2012, 08:11:26 am by Tiruin »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: September 16, 2012, 02:55:43 am »

After making sure the other mech had safely followed him, Emmanuel noticed, maybe a bit too late, the bizarre ship that had just emerged from the ring of metal debris and rock. His eyes widened as he saw the flaliling growths of flesh and tentacles, what seemed a living organism imbued into a metal frame... The image triggered memories of his studies and bits and pieces of common knowledge...The Consumption?

He gritted his teeth, tightening the grip over the controls. Unfortunately for him, he was being faced with an enemy he had never thought about fighting against, and his lack of experience in the controls of a mech as well as the lack of capable weapons to face the threat...

*blink*

The young man wasn't even given enough time to feel bad about the lack of more powerful fire solutions. With a series of movements that seemed unnaturally smooth and fluid, armor plate and joints moved and spun, retreating back and finally showing its weaponry, the long-unused cannon flaunting a large bore and obvious stopping power, the other arm's armor shifting and turning to reveal a white-hot bifurcated blade, a sword of searing light.

Before he even had the time to examine the transformation, he was saluted by a message from a screen that had never lighted up, no matter what he had tried so far.
"Consumption Plagueship detected. Destruction recommended, Corporal Blackford."

Almost unconsciously, Emmanuel grinned, taking a look at Bubblegum before moving his narrowing eyes to the one display which showed the Plagueship. Discovering who had been Corporal Blackford could be a good start to discover the mech's origins, but in that one single moment, Emmanuel didn't give a shit about it. It seemed the Godsplitter was starting to show why it was named that way.
"Let's see if you have any teeth to grit, assholes."

Attack the Plagueship. Fly towards it dishing out cannon fire at its possible firing ports, cutting bio projectiles with swipes of the blade until finally reaching the ship and tearing it apart.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2012, 03:01:49 am by Caellath »
>Yes?

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #144 on: September 16, 2012, 06:00:23 am »

Avens started,
"Ok, that obviously hostile thing wants us for breakfast, so let's circle the planet and stay over the hori-"
She stopped.
"... You're going to charge it, right? ... Why, that's my little hero, right there."
Over the speakers, a faint smack can be heard. Avens sighed heavily and set her mech to attack the thing, keeping a safe distance. No meleeing.

"If I die, I'm going to go after your soul and devour it, Emmanuel, bit by wretched bit."
« Last Edit: September 16, 2012, 06:31:34 am by Skyrunner »

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: September 16, 2012, 06:21:15 am »

Pry every drop of information from the hovercar's computer. Follow up investigation on the space station's former owners (The company name of which I have forgotten.).
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: September 16, 2012, 10:02:57 am »

Markactl slipped a pair of sunglasses on, cleared his throat, and announced to the darkness:

"Living good. Now, dying good."

He hurls a grenade into the dark, running after it as soon as the explosion illuminates the Dragon's position. Leaping from side to side, screaming and waving, he hurls more grenades at weak spots in the Dragon's shell, masking his position in the echoing, dark, foul-smelling-smoke filled corridor. 
Long Live United Forenia!

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: September 16, 2012, 10:13:01 am »

Magnus shook his head, with a sorry look on his face. He knelt besides the candidate, placing himself between him and the rest of the room - and hiding his chest.

"I'm sorry Mr Hayes - this won't look very noble or dignified, but we can't keep you in the open like that. Don't move - it will make it easier for both of us, I believe."

With a sigh, he picked him up - subtly trying to hide the wiring on the chest with his arm - and carried him to the room were they had been before. His guards followed him, and once they were at the door he told them to let only paramedics or feds in, for security reasons.

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: September 16, 2012, 11:26:41 am »

Attempt to turn the 1 resource into CLONING VATS. If this cannot be down, find out how many more resources are needed rather than waste the supplies.
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: September 16, 2012, 09:38:25 pm »

Commence launch! Get into a suitable position to initiate long-range combat with the Hiveship! Preferably not in-between the ship and the sector below...

Initiate a scan on the mechs, their allegiances, and on the hiveship in general. What types of weapons are used, before engaging.

Regardless, Flank the Hiveship.

[8+2] You're far enough from the Plagueship that any tentacles branching out, or any...Burrs being launched miss you by a mile, burning up in the atmosphere of the desert planet, or freezing to death in the vacuum of space.
[10+1+3  vs 10+2 ] Your long ranged cannon fires towards the Plagueship, ripping through the fleshier tentacles and doing quite a bit of damage to the corrupted, metal hull.

[1] Scanners are unable to find out any information about the White mech currently destroying the Plagueship with a large...blade of sunfire...?
[10] However, the other mech identification goes alot smoother and easier, your old friend Avens is currently shooting down the Burrs that are heading towards the drifting, powered down, white mech.

Attack the Plagueship. Fly towards it dishing out cannon fire at its possible firing ports, cutting bio projectiles with swipes of the blade until finally reaching the ship and tearing it apart.
[9+2 vs 5+1] You fly toward the ship, hacking apart Burrs almost instinctively as they're launch towards your mech. The white-hot blade turning the writhing, squirming, barbed missiles into so much infected, squirming meat.
[8 vs 6] You're there in a flash, swiping apart a tentacle that snakes it's way towards you, dodging another as your hand thumbs a little dial on the side of the console, without thinking, the blade growing larger, despite the power-drain, until it's as huge as the ship itself, it's growing gravity causing a general feeling of uncomfortableness that draws you out of your seat, before you slam the blade down hard in an arc towards the Plagueship. There isn't a sound, only a spherical flash of light which rapidly fades, followed by the Solar Blade dimming along with your power reserves.
[8-5] Your mech loses all power within it's systems, hovering, idle. Writhing, tentacle missiles turn towards your mech.

Over the speakers, a faint smack can be heard. Avens sighed heavily and set her mech to attack the thing, keeping a safe distance. No meleeing.
"If I die, I'm going to go after your soul and devour it, Emmanuel, bit by wretched bit."

[8] When Emmanuel's mech powers down, and the strange, organic missles begin to head his way, you concentrate your fire upon them.
[10] And, suffice to say, you do wonderful, wasting only a single shot to cut through all five, which leaves them floating dead in the cooling wreckage of the ship, which drifts towards the ring.

Pry every drop of information from the hovercar's computer. Follow up investigation on the space station's former owners (The company name of which I have forgotten.).
[8] The information of the hacking came from a Terminal on New Earth, in yet another internet cafe, the system itself showing nothing but the upload of a pristine, new code, sloppily, hurriedly written.
[9] The station mentioned was used as one of the proxies, but the company's files lack any information on what happened to the employees and managers that left.
[3] A number of people joined the new, for that time, company, Maxwell Media Solutions, and there's rumors of a hostile takeover of a few stations by a shady, unknown corporation that occurred after said merging of talent.

He hurls a grenade into the dark, running after it as soon as the explosion illuminates the Dragon's position. Leaping from side to side, screaming and waving, he hurls more grenades at weak spots in the Dragon's shell, masking his position in the echoing, dark, foul-smelling-smoke filled corridor. 
[10] The Dragon, the same as before collapses to the floor as a large shard of burning hot napalm-covered shrapnel lodges itself in it's forepaw. [4 health, remaining.
[7 vs 6-1] You hurl a number of grenades at the weak parts in it shell as it lays prone. It growls as flaming hot shrapnel lodges in it's face, pushing itself up with a bestial, corridor-shaking roar. [3 health]
[4 vs 3] You dodge a scything claw, taking the time hook a grenade to it's underbelly and pull the pin on it, dodging out of the way as it explodes, taking a large chunk of the beasts shell with it. [2 Dragon health] [2 health remaining]
[8 vs 7] As you roll away, you throw yet another grenade, which rips through the Beast's carapace and cauterizes the gushing, bleeding wound it makes. [1 dragon health]
[4 vs 10] A tentacle lashes out, chopping through your chest and ripping a broad, wide hole there, barbs inside extending, holding you there. [1 health remaining]
[9 vs 2] You grab the tentacle and pull it out, hooking a bomb to it and lunging away. When it shifts back for another lunge, over it's back and the frill of tentacles and growths growing there, the grenade explodes, ripping through it's spine.

It breathes out raggedly, making one feeble, claw swipe towards you, before succumbing to it's wounds, blood seeping like a flood from it's wounds. Red blood, like a human's.

You stand there, your own blood scabbing over the severe hole in your chest, triumphantly standing over the corpse of a beast far larger than yourself.

With a sigh, he picked him up - subtly trying to hide the wiring on the chest with his arm - and carried him to the room were they had been before. His guards followed him, and once they were at the door he told them to let only paramedics or feds in, for security reasons.
[~] You carry the young man in without difficulty, the blue, alien woman trailing along beside him, only five feet high, herself, with red hair intermingled with small tufts of feathers.
[3+2] The Security Agents carry out your orders, as the woman fusses about the makeshift bandages.
[2] The paramedics still have not arrived, perhaps due to the word and rumor of an explosion quite a while away, but in the same city-sector.

Attempt to turn the 1 resource into CLONING VATS. If this cannot be down, find out how many more resources are needed rather than waste the supplies.
[9] You make a number of embryonic containment vats with the scrap metal, the drones working hard to weld and rivet and model.
[8+2] The nutrient soup is very easy to synthesize, but the chemical composition drains your protein-paste store, which might make you go hungry for...well, a long time.
[5] However, you lack the proper materials to fill said vats with children, as well as the Lokuim, Thorium, Gold, and Quartz needed for the raising of embryos  into something that looks human.

Bubblegum swallows, holding the sides of your legs tightly, face pale.
"Don't...ever...do that while...I'm with you...again." she mutters, unsteadily.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2012, 09:54:17 pm by filiusenox »
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 27