Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Your most lavishly decorated bedroom  (Read 2617 times)

Slyjoker87

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Your most lavishly decorated bedroom
« on: September 04, 2012, 07:22:04 am »

So I'm at that point where the fort is stable, and I'm just going for broke. I'm thinking of building a sky tower with gold statutes embellished with something rare (black diamonds?). Maybe I'll add some platinum flooring or something.

What's your fort's most amazing bedroom decorated with?

Slyjoker87

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Your most lavishly decorated bedroom
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2012, 11:33:58 am »

74 views and no one has anything to contribute? Man, we got some uncreative peoples up in here.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2012, 11:38:27 am »

Not overly elaborate but I have a dwarf with an all tin floor and gold furniture with a masterwork bed and some nice exceptional stone statuary. Connected to that is a dining room and tomb, the floor of the dining room also tin with some nice wooden tables and chairs, and the tomb has an iron door with a silver plate floor and gold walls with gold statues, and a platinum sarcophogus. That was for a single dwarf I'd grown attached to's living space.

Slyjoker87

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2012, 12:19:29 pm »

Not overly elaborate but I have a dwarf with an all tin floor and gold furniture with a masterwork bed and some nice exceptional stone statuary. Connected to that is a dining room and tomb, the floor of the dining room also tin with some nice wooden tables and chairs, and the tomb has an iron door with a silver plate floor and gold walls with gold statues, and a platinum sarcophogus. That was for a single dwarf I'd grown attached to's living space.

Thats pretty awesome. Did you manage to have your dwarves decorate the statues or furniture at all? It should be easier now with linked stockpiles and stuff.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2012, 12:29:09 pm »

I didn't think to. besides, the accomodations were so he wouldn't have a hissy fit over the champion's burial arrangments and bedroom (he was a noble but damn it he was MY noble and he's training diligently to become a hammerdorf) :P

The champion has a 5x6 bedroom if I recall right with kaolitinite damn near everything and an oaken bed carved in solid magnetite that was all nice and smooth. Her tomb has a steel sarcophogus and is carved in a combination of magnetite, hematite and limonit with some gem walls in there. Bitch gon' be resting like a royal.

wuphonsreach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2012, 02:39:29 pm »

Keep in mind that you can decorate things multiple times, each round with different materials.

(workshop) -> (masterwork only stockpile) -> (minecart auto-dump stop) -> (quantum stockpile) -> (workshop)

With the above setup, you can send the items around and around until you run out of different things to encrust / stud / decorate them with.

Note: The input stockpile needs to be (1) per category, the quantum stockpile can easily handle multiple categories.  If the input stockpile is set to pull (for instance) both furniture and armor, the dwarves won't haul either to it.

Code: [Select]
..AAAAA..
.WWWAWWW.
BWWWAWWWC
BWWWvWWWC
BBB>Q<CCC
BWWW^WWWC
BWWWDWWWC
.WWWDWWW.
..DDDDD..

A/B/C/D = various input stockpiles (one for furniture, one for armor, one for weapons, one for whatever)
>/^/</v = minecart track stops that auto-dump towards Q
Q = the quantum stockpile that holds everything

One workshop might be a jewer's shop, another might be a magma forge, another might be a craftdwarf workshop.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2012, 03:08:33 pm »

Every one of my bedrooms is at least ☼200,000 in value from being constructed entirely out of flux blocks, fully furnished and so forth with masterwork limestone/marble statues for everyone. But the most lavishly decorated so far will have to be the bedrooms on lvl+3 who get gilded brass walls. Other then that they're pretty normal. No windows, but they're Dwarves so I consider that acceptable.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2012, 03:45:02 pm »

I have a massive throne room, with gold chairs, platinium and aluminim doors and stairs, master engravings, multiple rooms, personal kitchen and dining hall, servants quarters, bedroom filled with nickel silver furniture, her favorite, and a statue room fille dwith gold and othr statues of the great moments of the fort. It also has artifact frniture, including a bloodthorn weaponrack with images of elves being kiled in goblin bone, the rise of the vampire king of my civilization in olivine, and giant sponges in FB silk. I love that thing.

It was orginally for my Vampire monarch, but after his execution following deaths of important dwarves by accident, I gave it to the mayor. The mayor is named Cerol Helmspell.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2012, 03:48:50 pm »

No, not mayor, Cerol is now simply "owner of the most bitchin' weapon rack in existence."

Slyjoker87

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2012, 05:01:36 pm »

I have a massive throne room, with gold chairs, platinium and aluminim doors and stairs, master engravings, multiple rooms, personal kitchen and dining hall, servants quarters, bedroom filled with nickel silver furniture, her favorite, and a statue room fille dwith gold and othr statues of the great moments of the fort. It also has artifact frniture, including a bloodthorn weaponrack with images of elves being kiled in goblin bone, the rise of the vampire king of my civilization in olivine, and giant sponges in FB silk. I love that thing.

It was orginally for my Vampire monarch, but after his execution following deaths of important dwarves by accident, I gave it to the mayor. The mayor is named Cerol Helmspell.

Wow. the FB silk is impressive. I like.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2012, 06:14:31 pm »

Make a massive tower out of crystal glass blocks, and import star sapphires/rubies to make windows from. Add several public rooms, including a dormitory. At the top, make some rooms out of platinum, aluminum, or ideally candy. In these rooms, house your greatest dwarves. Add metal and/or masterwork statues and artifacts to taste. Garnish with dwarves.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

hjd_uk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2012, 05:52:33 am »

I think the best bedrooms I ever setup were carved into a Candy spire and then smoothed and engraved with high quality silver furnishings and a masterful bed.

Wurgel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2012, 06:39:21 am »

My most lavishly bedroom (at least the most draven one) were my old livingrooms for the nobels.

9x9 rooms out of goldblocks (+ walls) surrounded by masterwork crystal-glas Statues (decorated of cause).
Next to the standard furniture, the middle 3x3 was made out of clear diamond gemwindows, giving the resident a clear view on the magmatube of the Magmacannon. The highest luxury in a room enlighted by highly pressured or estremly fast flowing Magma, refleckted by gold, Diamonds and Crystalglas.

Slyjoker87

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2012, 01:49:34 pm »

My most lavishly bedroom (at least the most draven one) were my old livingrooms for the nobels.

9x9 rooms out of goldblocks (+ walls) surrounded by masterwork crystal-glas Statues (decorated of cause).
Next to the standard furniture, the middle 3x3 was made out of clear diamond gemwindows, giving the resident a clear view on the magmatube of the Magmacannon. The highest luxury in a room enlighted by highly pressured or estremly fast flowing Magma, refleckted by gold, Diamonds and Crystalglas.

Crystal-glass statutes actually sounds amazing. It reminds me of one of the old ice zones in everquest (can't remember what the name was).

I like the idea, but does anyone know what kind of value can be had from crystal?

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2012, 03:03:05 pm »

crystal glass is fairly valuable. A masterwork crystal glass statue is probably obscenely expensive by dwarven standards.
Pages: [1] 2