Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 28

Author Topic: Bring Your Own Cards: Sliver Sign "All-destroying terror flood" (game over!)  (Read 53100 times)

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
Re: Bring Your Own Cards [8/10]: A bitten shark (day two)
« Reply #255 on: September 19, 2012, 07:42:21 pm »

PFP

Extend.

How long left in day?
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: September 19, 2012, 07:46:06 pm »

PFP

What a tie.

Again.

If Tiruin really has a kill, then Zrk2's probably dying this night. If he doesn't, we'll have questions for Tiruin. It's possible that a mafiakill will happen as well, if there is such a thing in this game, so we could be down two people this night.

If folks suspect Book enough, it might be a good idea to lynch him and see if Zrk2 dies this night. But I think we should give him time to 'splain.

But Extend as I probably will be sleeping IRL when the day ends...

Zrk2

Thanks for ignoring everything I've said about you in my case. my questions and so forth. Then wat.

Why the roleclaim?

Can't do a full reread at the moment, but I find the wagon on Zrk2 rather puzzling; I'd appreciate it if those voting him could briefly restate your case. Toaster, Tiruin, Hapah: please briefly also restate your case on me.

What you did at D1. Here, I find it scummy that you call him out for...saying Town multiple times. Then using meta on your case, as if it applies the same here. And ended by the statement attacking a probability and shifting it for a fact, subtly insinuating that web was going to lead by planning (when there was no plan at all).

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: September 19, 2012, 07:49:07 pm »

PFP

Extend.

How long left in day?
Just over 24 hours.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: September 19, 2012, 08:30:53 pm »

5 votes required to lynch.  4 votes required to no lynch.  Deadline is 1:15am GMT time, on Thursday the 20th of September (about 24 hours).

Votecount:
Book (2): Hapah, Zrk2
Zrk2 (5): TolyK, Urist Imiknorris, Deathsword, Toaster, Tiruin
Not voting (1): Bookthras

3 votes required to extend (currently 1 vote from Hapah), 3 extensions remaining.

Deathsword has not posted since the last mod update.  A prod will be sent.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: September 19, 2012, 08:47:00 pm »

Tiruin: Did you see my answer to the last question you asked me? Also, since you haven't answered one of my questions, I'll ask again: You said that the vig kill will hit Zrk2. If Zrk2 is lynched, however, what will happen to the kill? Will it be cancled, wasted or will you be able to change it's target?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: September 19, 2012, 08:51:26 pm »

Why the roleclaim?

Why the hell not? At this point it can't hurt. And shouldn't I have been hammered by now?

Furthermore which questions are these that I neglected to answer?
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: September 19, 2012, 10:20:08 pm »

And shouldn't I have been hammered by now?
That will probably happen next time Leafsnail is online.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: September 19, 2012, 11:01:36 pm »

Wait, didn't Tiruin hammer?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: September 19, 2012, 11:02:34 pm »

Man, I need to not try to read these threads when I'm in a rush.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: September 19, 2012, 11:03:42 pm »

According to the votecount, he did.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: September 19, 2012, 11:46:50 pm »

Tiruin: Did you see my answer to the last question you asked me? Also, since you haven't answered one of my questions, I'll ask again: You said that the vig kill will hit Zrk2. If Zrk2 is lynched, however, what will happen to the kill? Will it be cancled, wasted or will you be able to change it's target?
I changed it to Bookthras.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: September 20, 2012, 06:25:46 am »

Yeah, he did.  Should've said so.

I'll get the day ending post written up, in the meantime changes of votes will not be counted.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bring Your Own Cards [7/10]: King of High House Lynched (night two)
« Reply #267 on: September 20, 2012, 06:40:27 am »

Final votecount:
Book (2): Hapah, Zrk2
Zrk2 (5): TolyK, Urist Imiknorris, Deathsword, Toaster, Tiruin
Not voting (1): Bookthras

A hammer vote has been placed.

You convince an organizer that Zrk2 has been marking his cards.  You aren't entirely sure what the point of marking cards would be in this tournament, but the friendly enforcer agrees that action must be taken and devours Zrk2's soul.  You check his unconscious body, but you can't see any reason to believe he's a member of the opposition.  Looks like you're running out of time to stop the teamworkers...

Zrk2 has been lynched.  He was town.

Zrk2 was holding King of High House Death, Knight of High House Dark, Assassin of High House Shadow and Master of the Deck.

Quote from: King of High House Death
Use this ability during the night.  Choose one dead player.  A quickchat will be provided for you to talk to that player.  After use this card is discarded.

Quote from: Knight of High House Dark
Creature with stats 4/3.  One time only you may transform it into a 10/10 creature for that night (this ability does not use up your night action).  After use this card remains summoned on your side of the field.

Quote from: Assassin of High House Shadow
Creature with stats 1/1.  When this card is attacking you can name one creature - if the defender controls a creature of that name then it is killed and this creature will return alive.  After use this card remains summoned on your side of the field.

Quote from: Master of the Deck
Use this ability during the night.  Choose one other player and name a creature.  If the creature name provided is a valid in this game then the targetted player will receive a summoned copy of that creature, otherwise this ability fails.  After use this card is discarded.

It is now night.  Please get your night actions to me within the next 48 hours.  Please do not post until it is daytime again.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 06:44:43 am by Leafsnail »

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bring Your Own Cards [5/10]: It cost them an arm and a leg (day three)
« Reply #268 on: September 21, 2012, 08:23:18 pm »

Bookthras and Deathsword both fail to turn up after the break.  You spot Bookthras first - he appears to have simply collapsed.  He bears none of the telltale signs of having his health beaten away, but it's clear he cannot compete in this condition.  Checking his person it seems quite clear that he was intent on winning the competition for himself, making him one of your allies.

Deathsword is also lying unconscious there, and provides a useful reminder to anyone who had forgotten what someone with their health beaten away looks like: covered in strange scratches and bruises with ripped clothes.  He seems to have been yet another one of your allies... you really are running out of time.

Bookthras has suddenly fallen unconscious.  He was town.

Bookthras was holding Red Card, The Emperor, Right Leg of the Forbidden One and Ace of Spades.

Deathsword has had the health beaten out of him.  He was town.

Deathsword was holding Gomazoa, Left Arm of the Forbidden One, and Near-Death Experience.

Quote from: Red Card
Use this ability during the day.  Choose one other player.  That player will be temporarily removed from the game, and they will be unable to talk, perform any actions or vote until the following evening (IE after one night has passed).  This card is discarded after use.

Quote from: The Emperor
Use this ability during the night.  Choose one other player.  That player will lose a vote, and you will gain a vote for the following day.  This card is discarded after use.

Quote from: Right Leg of the Forbidden One
A forbidden right leg sealed by magic. Whosoever breaks this seal will know infinite power.

Quote from: Ace of Spades
Use this ability during the day.  Choose one player.  That player receives this card.  If you receive this card during the day you cannot pass it on until the following day.  If you are holding this card on the morning of the third day you will die.

Quote from: Gomazoa
Creature with stats 0/3.  This card cannot attack.  When this card blocks both it and the attacking creature are exiled.  Both creatures are returned to their owners' hands after the following night.  After use this card remains summoned on your side of the field.

Quote from: Left Arm of the Forbidden One
A forbidden left arm sealed by magic. Whosoever breaks this seal will know infinite power.

Quote from: Near Death Experience
Use this ability during either the night or the day.  You must have exactly 1 health to use this ability.  Your health increases to 30.  After use this card is discarded.

Day three has started.

The day is scheduled to end at 11 GMT time, on Thursday the 27th of September.  Please note the earlier time, and also that there may be some interruption to my ability to moderate over the weekend and Monday as I'm moving to university.  Hopefully I'll have gotten myself established by Thursday, but some votecounts may be missed.

There are 5 players alive.  3 votes are required to hammer a player, 3 for no lynch (note that after a hammervote no more votes will be counted, even if I'm not able to acknowledge it for a while).

There are 3 extensions remaining.  2 votes for extension are required to extend the day for 48 hours.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Bring Your Own Cards [5/10]: It cost them an arm and a leg (day three)
« Reply #269 on: September 21, 2012, 10:12:16 pm »

I am flabberghasted that Book was town.  Gobsmacked, even.

Given that it's LYLO, it's massclaim time.  Are we claiming remaining health?  I'm holding that back until there is a consensus.

I submitted the following cards:

Bernard Bronzefist
Hungry Tentacles
The Seven of Wands
Censorship
Sleight of Mind

Bernard Bronzefist is a 5/1 creature.  He cannot die during an attack, and exiles any card he kills.  If he dies, he deals three to the owner of the creature responsible.
Hungry Tentacles is a night ability that causes the target to lose four life and I gain four life.
Seven of Wands was jacked from me and replaced with the Exodia Right Arm.  (That's why I knew not to claim it- I almost called the person who stole it an asshole in my first post until I Googled it and figured out what it was.)
Censorship is a night ability- I name any card.  Anyone attempting to use that card will have that ability fail and they take five damage.
Sleight of Mind is a night ability- I target two players- anyone who targets (abilities and attacks) the first will instead target the second.

N1 I summoned Bernie and attacked Zrk2.  N2 I attacked Book and also tentacled him.

I have one more thing of note to claim, but I'll wait a bit before claiming that.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 28