Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: 1/4 of canadian strategic maple syrup reserves stolen  (Read 9700 times)

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
Re: 1/4 of canadian strategic maple syrup reserves stolen
« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2012, 10:45:39 pm »

Carmen Sandiego definitely stole the syrup :P  That sounds exactly like something she would steal.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2012, 10:53:45 pm »

Carmen Sandiego definitely stole the syrup :P  That sounds exactly like something she would steal.
Yeah but she would steal it all... that is all of the maple syrup in the world, right up to that in our cabinets. :P
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2012, 11:24:17 pm »

Yeah but she would steal it all... that is all of the maple syrup in the world, right up to that in our cabinets. :P
Shit is in my pants.
Hello Hunam

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 31, 2012, 11:42:15 pm »

And let's be frank. Carmen has already rendezvoused with Waldo and we're never going to see that syrup again.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2012, 12:24:02 am »

As a proud Canadian citizen, I find the production and trade of maple syrup to be extremely serious business, overshadowed only by the current bear/human population ratio.
Mark my words, when the culprits are apprehended, there will be justice. Sticky, delicious justice.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 01, 2012, 12:31:13 am »

Mark my words, when the culprits are apprehended, there will be justice. Sticky, delicious justice.
Dunk them and all their clothes in the syrup they stole. Then they'll never touch syrup again.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 01, 2012, 12:43:10 am »

... it takes considerably more than mere submersion to put one off of delicious maple syrup. Much, much more. Even a little drowning is insufficient, though that may require medical assistance to get the stuff out of your lungs.

Still not enough. Syrup is a thing of the gods, and its addictive nature is representative of that.

I'm not sure quite what it would require, really, and the only thing my mind seems to be attaching to as possibilities involve crystalized syrup and a violation of the forum's guidelines.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

tootboot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 01, 2012, 02:17:52 am »

This is silly and absurd. I mean, come on, it's syrup. You could have picked a multitude of other things to steal, and you steal a crapload of syrup? Yeah, I will admit that 30 million is a lot of money, but... really, syrup?

This just in, strategic pancake reserve has been broken into...

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #38 on: September 01, 2012, 02:47:29 am »

Dunk them and all their clothes in the syrup they stole. Then they'll never touch syrup again.

Wait, are we talking about rewarding them or punishing them? I'm all confused.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 01, 2012, 03:00:15 am »

Wait, are we talking about rewarding them or punishing them? I'm all confused.
Don't tell me that you think that syrup in your hair and all over your body is a reward... Let alone having all your clothes sticky as hell.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 01, 2012, 03:04:04 am »

Come, millions of tons of maple syrup, protected by a fence and a padlock, with no guards and people only coming to check every other day? Who would NOT steal syrup under those conditions?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #41 on: September 01, 2012, 04:15:41 am »

I am greatly disappoint to find out there is no tea reserve to steal :(

Valid_Dark

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wont let me Dream, I wont let you sleep.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 01, 2012, 04:16:51 am »

They could open a maple syrup company and sell it to consumers, but they'd have a rather limited supply.
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't

My milkshake brings all the criminals to justice.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 01, 2012, 04:37:47 am »

When running low they'd just steal more.

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Valid_Dark

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wont let me Dream, I wont let you sleep.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 01, 2012, 04:42:01 am »

lol, riight?
or say it was a good run and close down the company / sell he machinery/buildings
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't

My milkshake brings all the criminals to justice.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6