Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 36

Author Topic: LCS 4.06.5 Download (Bank Heists, Mar 2013)  (Read 92943 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: LCS 4.06.3 Download (Bank Heists, Sept 2012)
« Reply #315 on: December 11, 2012, 06:26:00 pm »

Not really, no. Moderate, at most.

KA101

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: December 11, 2012, 09:37:10 pm »

FWIW I'd hold that alcohol should be strictly regulated.  (I'm in a place with a government monopoly on wine/spirits, and I think it ought to be expanded to beer.  I am in the extreme minority, I'm afraid.) Tobacco ought to be sold only in state-controlled settings and metered to minimize the cancerous effects.

Votes Democratic as the Green party hasn't done well in single-member geographic district voting.  Not sure if I'd qualify as a Liberal or not.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: December 12, 2012, 07:09:47 am »

Now what political allignment would Santa be?

Not really a joke. I am just wondering if Santa should be in LCS.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #318 on: December 12, 2012, 11:17:23 am »

So what you're saying is.
We should tax Santa.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Mongol13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The mongols are and were cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: December 12, 2012, 11:30:13 am »

Nonprofits don't have to pay taxes, but tariffs are another matter entirely...
If Nyquil isn't meant to be abused, then why does it come with a shot glass?

My old account on this forum is klingon13524.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #320 on: December 12, 2012, 11:34:08 am »

Think about the milk and cookies though, and the carrots for his reindeer.
And how environmentally friendly is the sleigh, really? It's not belching traditional fumes I agree, but those reindeer can't possibly be running on air, and we have to consider the natural ramifications of their outputs.

And on that note, how can he possibly be allowed to treat people as horribly as he does his reindeer? I've never heard mention of a health plan or dental care, and when all your slaves are being paid in is food, there's something wrong.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Pesi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: December 13, 2012, 08:17:06 am »

Yet another playthrough has come and gone : Nightmare/WDSTF/Extended endgame, and involved shooting up the CCS for the first time.

Remarks/Notes/Impressions:
The constant CCS site-raids turned people liberal on the issue of Gun Control all on their own.
CCS members are too easy to recognize among the public.
To seduce them, take them on vacations.
Successive CCS safehouses don't feel like they have a difficulty curve one might expect from making it further into a video game, but of doing the same thing often enough to sate the game.
That bit of "public space" at the entrance to their hideouts lets one build up combat skills in a completely safe environment.
Being able to avoid Guard Dogs by virtue of having 15 heart is completely broken. Guard Dogs are the only thing that keep sneak-thiefs out of the so-called "difficult" sites.
Extended endgame means there will be 4-6 years between public opinion becoming liberal enough to unseat the Arch-Conservatives in the senate, and their replacements being able to actually vote new laws into place.

Bugs encountered:
The [ R-5 ] menu lists sleepers that have been recruited by other sleepers as all being "downtown"; even Radio Personalities and Lawyers. The [ B ] menu lists their correct location.
Scattering the mob prints "The mob scatters!" on top of "The <liberal> brandishes the <weapon>!" without clearing it first.
The final victory message over the CCS has the indents all over the place. Needs realignment.

KA101

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: December 13, 2012, 07:14:47 pm »

I'm in substantially the same setup, 5th year so still in-progress.

Yet another playthrough has come and gone : Nightmare/WDSTF/Extended endgame, and involved shooting up the CCS for the first time.

Remarks/Notes/Impressions:
The constant CCS site-raids turned people liberal on the issue of Gun Control all on their own.
CCS members are too easy to recognize among the public.
Guaranteed approach was to troll the Cigar Bar/Gentlemen's Club: Yokels, Fast Food Workers, etc get dates.  That hasn't changed--are Bikers, etc now guaranteed CCS members so that finding them anywhere works?
To seduce them, take them on vacations.
Successive CCS safehouses don't feel like they have a difficulty curve one might expect from making it further into a video game, but of doing the same thing often enough to sate the game.
Seconded.  A decent combat squad can wipe out the Bunker as easily as the Bar & Grill.  One solution might be making the latter two safehouses not have the public space--the Bar & Grill needs a public space for the actual service area.  (It's a Business Front!)  The Bunker in particular should last longer, though.
That bit of "public space" at the entrance to their hideouts lets one build up combat skills in a completely safe environment.
Being able to avoid Guard Dogs by virtue of having 15 heart is completely broken. Guard Dogs are the only thing that keep sneak-thiefs out of the so-called "difficult" sites.
Guard Dogs were tuned down a bit in the latest version, so I don't typically need/remember to talk to them.  If one remembers to subvert the dogs, true, 15 Heart is generally achievable.  17 or 18 might be better; 20 is comparatively high and leads to actual Ninja Hippies.  Being able to talk to genetic creatures can affect early Juicing, so that may be worth thinking about for early balance checks, too.
Extended endgame means there will be 4-6 years between public opinion becoming liberal enough to unseat the Arch-Conservatives in the senate, and their replacements being able to actually vote new laws into place.
During which the LCS is basically marking time if the CCS is gone.  If everyone's Acting Individually, it may be worth letting players Wait for a (M)onth or until the next (E)vent. (Newspaper headline, safehouse raid, law-change, etc.) LCS' endgame is one thing that doesn't actually need extending; I [thought I] turned off the SupCt purge as blatantly unrealistic.  Haven't had the Congressional amendment either, despite public opinion being sufficiently Elite Liberal for 3 years or so.

(The Conservative Party ran a moderate for President.  Nice touch to help justify the vote going 60-40.)
Bugs encountered:
The [ R-5 ] menu lists sleepers that have been recruited by other sleepers as all being "downtown"; even Radio Personalities and Lawyers. The [ B ] menu lists their correct location.
Scattering the mob prints "The mob scatters!" on top of "The <liberal> brandishes the <weapon>!" without clearing it first.
The final victory message over the CCS has the indents all over the place. Needs realignment.

[Edited as the SupCt purge came along after all; I guess I didn't turn it off this game.  Thought I did.--KA101]
« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 07:10:06 pm by KA101 »

Yannanth

« Reply #323 on: December 14, 2012, 03:40:58 am »

« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 04:54:45 pm by Yannanth »

KA101

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: December 16, 2012, 07:21:07 pm »

Interface upgrade request: Could the assigned-vehicle listing on the main squad page specify the specific vehicle?  Currently if my LCS has more than one Bug, Pickup, Van, etc it's difficult to tell who's assigned to which.

Color-coding to differentiate between (say) the 2012 Green Bug and the 1976 Blue Bug, possibly as Bug and Bug rather than Bug and Bug, would help reduce this problem.  There is the problem of limited colors, but it's still a start.

usr_share

• Bay Watcher
  • "For great justice!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: December 17, 2012, 02:29:23 am »

I'd rather group them by year of manufacture -- this seems to be a way more important comparison. The fact of whether the squad is driving a red or a blue sports car doesn't matter for the game, but whether it's a '00 or '10 one does.

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: December 17, 2012, 02:46:07 am »

All I do to take down the CCS is make my founder a pro recruiter (they usually are by the point the CCS arrives on the scene) and then recruit Soldiers and Veterans who come complete with awesome body armour and M16 rifles. Then I just walk in with 5 guys and shoot everything up, usually without a single casualty.
I just mod it and make totally OP stuff because I got the money for it anyways. Slashing peoples heads off with 40.000$ swords anyone?
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

KA101

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: December 17, 2012, 07:49:42 pm »

I'd rather group them by year of manufacture -- this seems to be a way more important comparison. The fact of whether the squad is driving a red or a blue sports car doesn't matter for the game, but whether it's a '00 or '10 one does.
Huh?  I was wondering why my Car Salesperson sleeper always found me the current year's model, and at a discount too, but I didn't think it actually made a difference to the Driving rolls. 

usr_share

• Bay Watcher
  • "For great justice!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: December 19, 2012, 12:48:53 am »

Huh?  I was wondering why my Car Salesperson sleeper always found me the current year's model, and at a discount too, but I didn't think it actually made a difference to the Driving rolls.

Well, in my run it seemed like older sports cars are not as useful as newer ones, with even the best drivers failing to outrun the freshly-manufactured police cruisers.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: December 20, 2012, 01:51:13 pm »

odd as last time i looked at the code there nothing about car age.(Police Cruisers do give a 2+ bonus)

may be the bunker should have be all a no public space area and have a lot more heavy armored CCS guys, maybe a in Praetorian Guard armed with machine guns.
by the time you get to the bunker the ccs has handed out the guns and plans to make it final stand.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 36