Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 36

Author Topic: LCS 4.06.5 Download (Bank Heists, Mar 2013)  (Read 92862 times)

KA101

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: LCS 4.06.3 Download (Bank Heists, Sept 2012)
« Reply #240 on: October 18, 2012, 08:23:32 pm »

Send a covert op (petty-thieving ahoy!) to a CCS safehouse and you'll find plenty of Prostitutes (and, for that matter, Priests) around.  They don't react well to the Issues but if picked up, have Liberal stats.

<shrug> It would be a cliche way to infiltrate the LCS, especially for players like me who prefer to seduce rather than interrogate Conservatives.

At least this version has Prostitutes who present as Male; I've found 2 so far this Nightmare Mode.  (Still in Cheap Dresses, though.)  Was wondering about that in the previous version; when Womens' Rights (and Gay Rights was up there, too, if that matters) hit L+ the Prostitutes remained all-women, so far as I could tell.

Jboy2000000

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello good people of the interwebs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: October 18, 2012, 09:38:46 pm »

Send a covert op (petty-thieving ahoy!) to a CCS safehouse and you'll find plenty of Prostitutes (and, for that matter, Priests) around.  They don't react well to the Issues but if picked up, have Liberal stats.
Thats interesting. Also, its not really petty theiving since CCS bases are the places you can steal HeavyBodyArmor.

<shrug> It would be a cliche way to infiltrate the LCS, especially for players like me who prefer to seduce rather than interrogate Conservatives.
This is just me personally, but I hate torturing, its not worth the risk. Also, you can't capture them, if their part of the CCS, they're more than likely to carry guns.
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."

Just goes to show, even a Male Doctor that Looks Like a Female and a Criminal with Poor Hygiene Habits can fall in love.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: October 18, 2012, 11:24:40 pm »

Also, just wanted to say that the description for the L+ Animal Rights law ("Animals are people, too.") sounds a bit too silly. What about, say something like "Animals are granted full personhood by the law." or "Animals are legally considered people."

The L+ laws are supposed to be silly.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

usr_share

• Bay Watcher
  • "For great justice!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: October 19, 2012, 12:49:55 am »

The rest of L+ policies doesn't seem as silly.

Jboy2000000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: October 19, 2012, 03:51:20 am »

The rest of L+ policies doesn't seem as silly.
Yeah, but I think its a trade off, becuase if talk to someone about politics, the line about animal rights is somewhat normal, but that others are just plain stupid.

We still have a military.
Some people get mad if you curse a lot in public./color]

Those are just two of my head.

Just goes to show, even a Male Doctor that Looks Like a Female and a Criminal with Poor Hygiene Habits can fall in love.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: October 27, 2012, 05:26:16 pm »

I have had a dream!

Thursday night, I dreamed I was playing LCS. My Ceramic Body Armored M16-wielding Liberals were raiding the Army Base and killing everything in sight. Eventually, I killed enough soldiers to claim the base, declare independence and form the Liberal States of America. Now that would be a mechanic I'd love to see. It would probably be almost impossible to code though.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Jboy2000000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: October 27, 2012, 05:42:31 pm »

I have had a dream!

Thursday night, I dreamed I was playing LCS. My Ceramic Body Armored M16-wielding Liberals were raiding the Army Base and killing everything in sight. Eventually, I killed enough soldiers to claim the base, declare independence and form the Liberal States of America. Now that would be a mechanic I'd love to see. It would probably be almost impossible to code though.
Maybe, but that would be freaking awesome.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: October 27, 2012, 05:51:18 pm »

That might be a little far-fetched...

But I do think the liberals should be able to get more epic benefits from the army base. I always though they should be able to hijack a tank and ride out with it, and it would serve as a very suspicious form of transport [wherever it was stored would have its heat jump like a kangaroo], but it could be used at the location... it'd set off conservatives on sight, but who cares? The liberals'd have a tank.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

KA101

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: October 27, 2012, 06:09:16 pm »

Well, in TV-land* physics, GTA-stealing a tank is grounds for SWAT and/or the military to close down everywhere around you and take it back.  IIRC there was an episode of ER that involved a solo guy managing to jack a Patton.  (The hospital didn't treat him when he'd came in earlier.)  SWAT caught up and flash-banged him inside the tank, requiring emergency medical treatment.

Now, an Abrams would require at least 2 people to accomplish anything more than that one guy, and the typical crew is 4 or so.  Even then you'd be helicopter chow unless you also stole a Stinger or other AA implement; Cobras or Apaches can easily outrange the machine guns available.  (To say nothing of...LAW-enforcers.)

So jacking one is probably a high-Heat way to get a squad arrested or killed.

That said, I've seen movies* where a tank might find its way through the surplus process w/o being properly disarmed...might be interesting to have a sleeper Military Officer be able to arrange something.

*Recalling that LCS runs on Rule/Cool & Hollywood physics.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #249 on: October 27, 2012, 08:03:09 pm »

I have had a dream!

Since the idea is pretty simple, the basics of what you're describing would actually be pretty straightforward to code. The main challenge would be coming up with a coherent design for how to do it, and making it a balanced and exciting option rather than a quick and easy win for any combat-skilled squad. LCS combat doesn't really handle army-on-army combat, and it would feel weird to successfully seize a military base and declare independence without having it come to the point of tanks and planes fighting it out.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: October 27, 2012, 08:06:36 pm »

I have had a dream!

Since the idea is pretty simple, the basics of what you're describing would actually be pretty straightforward to code. The main challenge would be coming up with a coherent design for how to do it, and making it a balanced and exciting option rather than a quick and easy win for any combat-skilled squad. LCS combat doesn't really handle army-on-army combat, and it would feel weird to successfully seize a military base and declare independence without having it come to the point of tanks and planes fighting it out.

Well, if it ever becomes possible to send several squads and have them attack a site together instead of right after each other, it could work. Doubled with:

That might be a little far-fetched...

But I do think the liberals should be able to get more epic benefits from the army base. I always though they should be able to hijack a tank and ride out with it, and it would serve as a very suspicious form of transport [wherever it was stored would have its heat jump like a kangaroo], but it could be used at the location... it'd set off conservatives on sight, but who cares? The liberals'd have a tank.

this, it could work quite well. But the problem I see(not a programmer) is well, you can't exactly attack anything now because you have taken the city. Unless it becomes possible to go to other cities.

/Not a programmer, what I just said may be completely impossible/
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: October 27, 2012, 08:07:06 pm »

We've had discussions on the implementation of tanks before, and generally the consensus has been that you shouldn't be able to keep them if you can steal them. The military doesn't take kindly to people stealing their armor, and furthermore a tank would destroy most roads if it tried to ride on them by its weight alone.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: October 27, 2012, 08:54:53 pm »

We've had discussions on the implementation of tanks before, and generally the consensus has been that you shouldn't be able to keep them if you can steal them. The military doesn't take kindly to people stealing their armor, and furthermore a tank would destroy most roads if it tried to ride on them by its weight alone.

Since when did LCS subscribe to any sort of realism, though?

As I said, it would come with its share of drawbacks, but it would be glorious.

Another idea: Liberals in a siege should have a chance to flee and hide in the area before the siege begins [modified by some skill, I guess]. From there you could try to rescue them without being noticed- for example, pretend to be a visiting media crew and trick the cops into thinking the liberals being rescued are the rest of the crew. Argo fuck the police.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #253 on: October 27, 2012, 11:50:47 pm »

/Not a programmer, what I just said may be completely impossible/

Programmers are pretty much wizards. If there's a logical way to explain what you want to see, the only limitations are your imagination and the capabilities of the computer's hardware.

For me, most of the challenge is designing the game -- you need to think through everything.

Yannanth

« Reply #254 on: October 28, 2012, 07:03:51 am »

« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 04:59:54 pm by Yannanth »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 36