Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 36

Author Topic: LCS 4.06.5 Download (Bank Heists, Mar 2013)  (Read 92857 times)

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
Re: LCS 4.06.3 Download (Bank Heists, Sept 2012)
« Reply #210 on: September 29, 2012, 08:49:00 am »

So is bank robbery supposed to be like, rediculously easy? I just walked into the bank, slipped the teller a note, casually strolled back out and now have 5000 dollars.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Capital Fish

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hi Mister Dog!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: September 29, 2012, 09:33:34 am »

So is bank robbery supposed to be like, rediculously easy? I just walked into the bank, slipped the teller a note, casually strolled back out and now have 5000 dollars.

Not if you rob the vault. You'll get a far bigger chunk of change by doing that, but you WILL work for it.  ;)
Find the errors in the above post and win a prize!

Jboy2000000

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello good people of the interwebs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: September 29, 2012, 02:18:12 pm »

Not if you rob the vault. You'll get a far bigger chunk of change by doing that, but you WILL work for it.  ;)
Yeah, I was never able to do it, but I think you can walk away with almost 50,000$
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."

Just goes to show, even a Male Doctor that Looks Like a Female and a Criminal with Poor Hygiene Habits can fall in love.

addictgamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Developer
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #213 on: September 29, 2012, 02:26:14 pm »

Yeah, I was never able to do it, but I think you can walk away with almost 50,000$

My ninja walks away with 100,000 to 200,000 dollars every vault raid.
The only reason I'm not a multitrillionaire yet is because the bank stays closed for so long.
I'm patiently waiting for the ability to mine and construct palaces in adventure mode.
Barony. A 3D, multiplayer roguelike I am developing.

KaiserKlay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: September 29, 2012, 04:10:07 pm »

Kind of a weird question but. Why can't I go full screen? Was the function moved to new keys or something?

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #215 on: September 29, 2012, 04:17:41 pm »

For that method, yes, it's intended to be ridiculously easy. You may have difficulty doing this repeatedly, however.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: September 29, 2012, 04:23:22 pm »

Kind of a weird question but. Why can't I go full screen? Was the function moved to new keys or something?

That's operating system dependent. My understanding is that full screen support was removed from the console in Windows 7. You might be able to run the game in a console emulator to get around that.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #217 on: September 29, 2012, 04:50:53 pm »

For that method, yes, it's intended to be ridiculously easy. You may have difficulty doing this repeatedly, however.
I guess I just had good luck, because I got 20K from it before I decided it was time to start actually furthering the Liberal agenda.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: October 03, 2012, 09:20:20 pm »

So I'm trying to get the source and compiling working on linux, never really used linux before but I'm starting to get into it.

"vherid@ubuntu:~/lcsgame$ ./bootstrap
./bootstrap: 2: ./bootstrap: autoreconf: not found"

I thought I installed the building stuff and the library for curses. Tried installing autoreconf, it doesn't seem to be working.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 09:27:38 pm by Vherid »

addictgamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Developer
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #219 on: October 03, 2012, 09:31:06 pm »

So I'm trying to get the source and compiling working on linux, never really used linux before but I'm starting to get into it.

I thought I installed the building stuff and the library for curses. Tried installing autoreconf, it doesn't seem to be working.

So you installed bin-utils?
Did you also install autoconf? I think that's required. Regardless, I have it installed.

It would also help to tell us what distribution you have.
I'm patiently waiting for the ability to mine and construct palaces in adventure mode.

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: October 03, 2012, 09:40:06 pm »

Did you also install autoconf? I think that's required. Regardless, I have it installed.

I did not have bin-utils installed, or autoconf. I was trying to install autoreconf. I think bin-utils and autoreconf wouldn't work, said it couldn't find the package, but it installed autoconf. I was able to continue and compile the game now. I'm using ubuntu, I've had it for like an hour lol. I was looking around and see the appeal of using say arch, but considering I've never done any of this before I wasn't sure about just starting with arch.

addictgamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Developer
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #221 on: October 03, 2012, 09:55:39 pm »

I did not have bin-utils installed, or autoconf. I was trying to install autoreconf. I think bin-utils and autoreconf wouldn't work, said it couldn't find the package, but it installed autoconf. I was able to continue and compile the game now. I'm using ubuntu, I've had it for like an hour lol. I was looking around and see the appeal of using say arch, but considering I've never done any of this before I wasn't sure about just starting with arch.

So it's working now? You managed to successfully compile and run LCS after installing autoconf?

Just starting with Arch is a very bad idea. Starting with Ubuntu, or some other preconfigured-oriented distro is the right path to go for somebody switching from Windows, Macintosh, or a similar operating system. It presents you with an environment that works right off the bat, and which you can explore and learn the basics of Linux with. Afterwards, when you've learned the basics and know what you're doing, go ahead and switch to Debian, Gentoo, Arch, whatever you want.
I personally find Arch to be one of my favorite distributions. Yes, there is a lot of configuring and customization (as in, I had to configure everything). This complexity is very confusing for beginners, but this configurability allows me to tune everything to my specific needs. I want to program? Done. I want to write music, do studio work, or set up my own fully software studio? Done. I want to do any number of other things, and I want them done a certain way, and I want everything to look a certain way? Done.
To sum it up, I find Arch appealing, but I would not recommend it as the starting point for somebody new to Linux.

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: October 03, 2012, 09:58:19 pm »

So it's working now? You managed to successfully compile and run LCS after installing autoconf?

Just starting with Arch is a very bad idea. Starting with Ubuntu, or some other preconfigured-oriented distro is the right path to go for somebody switching from Windows, Macintosh, or a similar operating system. It presents you with an environment that works right off the bat, and which you can explore and learn the basics of Linux with. Afterwards, when you've learned the basics and know what you're doing, go ahead and switch to Debian, Gentoo, Arch, whatever you want.
I personally find Arch to be one of my favorite distributions. Yes, there is a lot of configuring and customization (as in, I had to configure everything). This complexity is very confusing for beginners, but this configurability allows me to tune everything to my specific needs. I want to program? Done. I want to write music, do studio work, or set up my own fully software studio? Done. I want to do any number of other things, and I want them done a certain way, and I want everything to look a certain way? Done.
To sum it up, I find Arch appealing, but I would not recommend it as the starting point for somebody new to Linux.

Yep it's working as far as I'm concerned, I'm playing it now. There was errors and shit as it was going through the compile but I imagine that's normal and such and it didn't stop the compile. I got terminus font installed and working nicely too just for this.

dreadmullet

• Bay Watcher
  • Inadequate Comedian
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: October 03, 2012, 10:04:37 pm »

I'm on Windows, and when a certain part compiles, it vomits macro redefinition errors all over the output log, something about MOUSE_MOVED.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: October 03, 2012, 10:52:19 pm »

I'm on Windows, and when a certain part compiles, it vomits macro redefinition errors all over the output log, something about MOUSE_MOVED.

Yeah, pay this no mind. PDCurses and Windows.h don't play nicely with each other, but we don't use the mouse, so it doesn't matter on either count. Ideally we wouldn't ever include these at the same time, and I have tried to ensure this happens for as few files as possible, but I recall this not being trivial in a few cases.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 36